Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

Those who have read my posts previously know I was considering just replace my current bb car with another bb car. Then I saw the a3 was like 12k away from the Altis (early this year).

Then my other half said why not a bmw or a merc. Thats why i gather data for those cars. Even though it is not impossible for me buy them but my mind told it is crazy to spend so much more for a car.

I spend quite a number of years overseas in younger days where car prices are more down to earth. So it is quite difficult for me to get my head to accept the crazy car prices here. I know many don't care as long as they have the money. But I am still old school.

Why the a3? I do like it a lot when I test drove it. My wife also liked it a lot even though it wasn't her first choice. And the price wasn't that far off from price range of a jap/kor BB car.

12k more, that's a bargain.

Great find and a really nice car.

:D

↡ Advertisement

Please check in if you are a Audi A3 owners. Please state your type and also year and any other info you like to share.

My car info:

-A3 Sedan Ambiente trim (Type 8V - model year 2015).

-Delivery in Mar 2015.

-OMV=27.2K. COE=64.7K AD gross margin=18.5K.

During my evaluation, I gathered some info about the A3 compared to other similar cars in Singapore. Just for your information (see table below). I welcome any questions. I have also done a brief review in sgcarmart for this car too.

attachicon.gifCar Compare Chart.PNG

TS, your table can be summarised into 3 points, "Performance", "Consumption" and "Space/Practicality".

You should also consider "Price" "Equipment" "Reliability" (Or at least, perceived reliability)

Allocate points/ranking to the various factors and you can work out your ideal car, at least on paper.

There are also other non-quantifiable factors. E.g. A year ago, I was also considering the A3 (hatchback). In the end, I went for a bigger car as the other agent offered almost 10k more for my old car and the bigger car had a higher OMV.

• Praise 2

A3 Sedan owner here too. I think TS's table comparison nothing wrong.. When i purchase the A3, those are the cars i look at too...

A3 Sedan MY2015 :)

• Praise 1

I think it is a great table too. Very relevant at least to me. I am looking from Kia K3 to BMW 218i. The reason is that if I really want to be prudent or to do a YOLO, I will know what car to get.

Tested A3 and really like it. And Alfa Giulietta is in my radar too. Any relevance to any criteria...let's just say all fits my budget and at the very least I like the look of the car. So I think TS`list is nice, To each his own. Just MHO. 😊

• Praise 3

Please check in if you are a Audi A3 owners. Please state your type and also year and any other info you like to share.

My car info:

-A3 Sedan Ambiente trim (Type 8V - model year 2015).

-Delivery in Mar 2015.

-OMV=27.2K. COE=64.7K AD gross margin=18.5K.

During my evaluation, I gathered some info about the A3 compared to other similar cars in Singapore. Just for your information (see table below). I welcome any questions. I have also done a brief review in sgcarmart for this car too.

attachicon.gifCar Compare Chart.PNG

Great info, what goodies did you get?
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Great info, what goodies did you get?

Only 3 years free servicing. Maybe price I bought may have cut quite close to limit so SE didn't budge on others. I wanted the smart key option but that's no go.

Edited by zerobim08

if you open the thread limited to A3 owners only, very soon it will sink to the bottom nobody shows interesting,

because A3 owners are very small group in Singapore, usually if people can easily afford A3, they don't mind top up another 40k to get C180, if people barely enough to afford A3, they rather save 40k to comfortably get Altis or Mz3,

But a3 is not 40k more than Altis. When I bought it was like 15k difference (it was 12k diff before altis dropped in price). Mazda 3 the premium version is even closer in price. That is the reason I went for A3. If it was 40k more then hell no I would not buy it.

Checked-In A3 Owners

zerobim08 : A3 Sedan (MY2015)

zhehao : A3 Sedan MY2015

Only us two here... [bigcry] Thought there will be more. On my normal routes I take, I do see other A3 quite often so there should be many more than a few out there. Dont know whether the SE was kidding me but he said the top volumes sold by PA are the A4 and A3 (both neck-to-neck in numbers).

The A4 is a model that looks very very dated compared to its rivals of the 3 series, S60, C class/CLA.

I haven't even seen one that's newly registered for a long while.

The A3 still looks fresh and modern.

• Praise 1

But a3 is not 40k more than Altis. When I bought it was like 15k difference (it was 12k diff before altis dropped in price). Mazda 3 the premium version is even closer in price. That is the reason I went for A3. If it was 40k more then hell no I would not buy it.

I tot currently list price A3 157k, Altis 112k

The A4 is a model that looks very very dated compared to its rivals of the 3 series, S60, C class/CLA.

I haven't even seen one that's newly registered for a long while.

The A3 still looks fresh and modern.

The leaked A4 new model coming this year looks very good. Bet will cost a lot more than the clear stock outgoing one now.

I tot currently list price A3 157k, Altis 112k

That's the list price. :)

This was the advertised price around the time I bought. I bought a week or so earlier than this ad. Price 134K

http://singpromos.com/motor-vehicles/audi-q5-a3-a4-a6-offers-14-mar-2015-139275/fullimage/audi-14-mar-2015/

I think if I am not mistaken altis elegance trim was at $118K at that time,

When I first saw these 2 cars were at the Car Show, Altis elegance after everything was $123K. A3 was $135K. Both were final offers I got,

Dear TS,

Just wondering .... u have made a good decision with the A3 and I am sure that you are loving your ride.

If the CLA180, A3 Sedan and 1 series sedan are the same price, which one would you go for ?

• Praise 2

That's the list price. :)

This was the advertised price around the time I bought. I bought a week or so earlier than this ad. Price 134K

http://singpromos.com/motor-vehicles/audi-q5-a3-a4-a6-offers-14-mar-2015-139275/fullimage/audi-14-mar-2015/

I think if I am not mistaken altis elegance trim was at $118K at that time,

When I first saw these 2 cars were at the Car Show, Altis elegance after everything was $123K. A3 was $135K. Both were final offers I got,

OIC, if this is the case, definitely A3,

curious A3 official declare FC up to amazing 20km/L, can your share what your A3 FC is?

Dear TS,

Just wondering .... u have made a good decision with the A3 and I am sure that you are loving your ride.

If the CLA180, A3 Sedan and 1 series sedan are the same price, which one would you go for ?

1-series will be out as I can't accept a hatchback. Between CLA and A3, it will be close call when all else being equal, I think most probably at the end I would still go for A3. Just for the one factor: interior.

Maybe I sat in the A3 first. The cabin and dashboard design feel so refreshing and gives me a nostalgic feeling on how a dashboard should be. It is minimalist and slim with everything laid out neatly. It gives an airy feel and slopes inward to allow an unobstructed view out front. It is so unlike many cars nowadays with overdone big/bulky high dashboard with tonnes of buttons that seems to wraparound you and makes you feel like you are sitting in a hole.

On the other hand, CLA interior feels a bit claustrophobic. Dont know why but I dont felt comfortable first time I sat in it. Firstly it is the unfiltered and very bright bluish LED cabin light strip that run across which makes me feel dizzy. Secondly, the headlining is black and the whole cabin gave off a gloomy/melancholy feel which I dont like. Also, I think many has said this before about tacky screen on to the dash. The first thing I thought...a merc shouldnt be that tacky and cheap looking. I didnt test drive the CLA so I can comment on the driveability.

1-series will be out as I can't accept a hatchback. Between CLA and A3, it will be close call when all else being equal, I think most probably at the end I would still go for A3. Just for the one factor: interior.

Maybe I sat in the A3 first. The cabin and dashboard design feel so refreshing and gives me a nostalgic feeling on how a dashboard should be. It is minimalist and slim with everything laid out neatly. It gives an airy feel and slopes inward to allow an unobstructed view out front. It is so unlike many cars nowadays with overdone big/bulky high dashboard with tonnes of buttons that seems to wraparound you and makes you feel like you are sitting in a hole.

On the other hand, CLA interior feels a bit claustrophobic. Dont know why but I dont felt comfortable first time I sat in it. Firstly it is the unfiltered and very bright bluish LED cabin light strip that run across which makes me feel dizzy. Secondly, the headlining is black and the whole cabin gave off a gloomy/melancholy feel which I dont like. Also, I think many has said this before about tacky screen on to the dash. The first thing I thought...a merc shouldnt be that tacky and cheap looking. I didnt test drive the CLA so I can comment on the driveability.

There is a 1 series sedan in the pipeline.

May or may not get to our shore ...

I agree with your comment for the CLA.... but I like the frameless door...

OIC, if this is the case, definitely A3,

curious A3 official declare FC up to amazing 20km/L, can your share what your A3 FC is?

The best I got from the ECU (which btw is quite accurate - verify with the pump reading) on longer drive on e-ways at around 90-100km/h was 24.7km/l.

For my normal commute, using pump reading calculation, my avg is about 17.5km/l. This is about 30/70 (city/hway) with peak hours traffic (and no major jam on the e-way). Mostly 2 persons in car and with start-stop system (which I hate) turned off.

Hehehe...whenever the other half is involved in the car selection process, whatever CAT, engine capacity, bhp, FWD/RWD, etc, can go out of the window. Can understand why the comparison albeit their differences.

Well, you have the moolah, you liked the car and you put your name on the dotted line; now just enjoy your new car [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1