Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

Booked a car from Audi  in Mid February but they have not attempted a single COE bidding for me thus far. (6 bids non guaranteed, SE didn't want to include COE rebate level but after much negotiation, he relented and put in a very low rebate level at 25k)

There are available stocks but it was given to those who booked at a much higher price than me even though I booked much earlier than those people who have since collected the car . I understand that this is a business and profits > everything else. They have taken my old car that was due for scrap and I'm just worried that they are taking me on a wild goose chase and would not deliver as promised, ending up refunding my deposit. 

Is this normal practice? Are they taking a gamble by accepting my deal and hoping that COE will drop significantly or are they hoping that I will end up "topping up" to secure a COE? 

Thanks

That is strange, almost unheard of. Which model did you book and at what price? Any T&C you can recall? With relative high profit margin, no reason for PA not wanting to close the deal soon.

A friend of mine book a A6 in mid March (before the 2nd biding cycle), got his COE on 1st attempt and took delivery of the car the following week.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Yeah sounds strange. They deliver the car, they earn. They don't deliver and refund, they earn nothing. Only reason could be lack of stock and they decided to deliver to the higher paying guaranteed bid first.

Have you guys noticed that Premium Automobile no longer list the A3 Sportback in the price list anymore? It is either S3 sportback or just the A3 Sedan. Have they stopped selling it or just waiting for the facelifted model?

Have you guys noticed that Premium Automobile no longer list the A3 Sportback in the price list anymore? It is either S3 sportback or just the A3 Sedan. Have they stopped selling it or just waiting for the facelifted model?

Probably waiting for facelift i guess. They have been promoting the A3 quite aggressively now at about $120k thereabouts so they might have cleared all the stock. Next up might be the Sedan and then they'll just start selling the facelift models for both? 

Almost kena "sianed" by the audi SE ... told me the A3 GB bo problem.

The A4 is using the wet clutch unlike the A3 ... but I think that it is better to monitor for a while. I like the interior of the A4 .... very nice

The A4 is using the wet clutch unlike the A3 ... but I think that it is better to monitor for a while. I like the interior of the A4 .... very nice

That's what they say to all unsuspecting customers.. be it the VW Golf / Jetta / Polo / Scirocco or Audi A3.

Well, wet clutch doesn't mean 100% problem free, just a lot lesser  [:)]

Last time my SE also told me saying although Audi and VW using same GB but Audi will select those good one and rejected one go to VW. Hence, Audi GB no problem one.

Last time my SE also told me saying although Audi and VW using same GB but Audi will select those good one and rejected one go to VW. Hence, Audi GB no problem one.

LOL ... what a load of crap !!!!

Just wondering how they determine which are the good and the bad ones .....

Some SE really CMI

don't worry bro, you will get your car eventually. maybe on the 5th bid or 6th. Even if there is no attempt by PA to bid your COE, it is still counted as 1 unsuccessful bid. 

Just remain calm. PA might ask you to top up a couple of grands when they see that you are desperate, by telling you that they will secure the COE in the next bid if you top up. Just be adamant that you are not going to do so. 

Was in a similar situation as you. Booked car in July and collected car in October. And my old ride was due to scrap in mid October. Did panic as well. 

The sales agreemeent price should be final. 

Booked a car from Audi  in Mid February but they have not attempted a single COE bidding for me thus far. (6 bids non guaranteed, SE didn't want to include COE rebate level but after much negotiation, he relented and put in a very low rebate level at 25k)

There are available stocks but it was given to those who booked at a much higher price than me even though I booked much earlier than those people who have since collected the car . I understand that this is a business and profits > everything else. They have taken my old car that was due for scrap and I'm just worried that they are taking me on a wild goose chase and would not deliver as promised, ending up refunding my deposit. 

Is this normal practice? Are they taking a gamble by accepting my deal and hoping that COE will drop significantly or are they hoping that I will end up "topping up" to secure a COE? 

Thanks

Thanks

How much discounts / additional trade in value did you bargain for.. for them to switch from the usual guaranteed package to non-guaranteed?

For mine, they did the same when I asked for additional $5000 for my used car after knowing the new car price is already at its lowest. They stated clearly non-guaranteed 6 bids, rebate level in my sales agreement as $27K then. Locked in at $38K COE, rose to $48K, still got my COE a few days after booking. In total the entire process took around 10 days.

I thought they would be very pro-active and aggressive when it comes to sales. Not the same attitude problem at C&C and PML since Audi (PA) have the lowest sales & market share among these 3 German brands.

Just noticed another (good) quirk about the A3 locking system.  (Maybe this is true for all Audis and continentals?)

When the key is pressed to unlock the vehicle, but the doors are not opened, the vehicle will lock itself again after something like 30sec.  I pressed the unlock button, then happened to meet a neighbor and started talking before opening the door, and was surprised that the car locked itself after a while.

However, when the key is pressed to unlock, and the doors has been opened, then there is no auto lock after that.  For e.g., when washing my car, I will unlock, open the door to clear carpet etc.  The car does not auto lock in this case.

Just noticed another (good) quirk about the A3 locking system.  (Maybe this is true for all Audis and continentals?)

When the key is pressed to unlock the vehicle, but the doors are not opened, the vehicle will lock itself again after something like 30sec.  I pressed the unlock button, then happened to meet a neighbor and started talking before opening the door, and was surprised that the car locked itself after a while.

However, when the key is pressed to unlock, and the doors has been opened, then there is no auto lock after that.  For e.g., when washing my car, I will unlock, open the door to clear carpet etc.  The car does not auto lock in this case.

My 10 years old accord also got this feature. :XD:

I didn't notice it has this feature

will test it out ^_^