Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

Turbocharged

Hi guys, I just deposited and book an A3 ha ha..  @ 119k had a good test drive and the sports mode was actually pretty strong. Was contemplating with the A4 for quite some time but in the end aiya mai hiam buey pai for the this price cant ask for much.

want to check with u all if you all got cheap and good lobang to paint/coat the car... now mine is the standard barebones white color, a lot of upgrading to do. Btw ps if I couldn't reply as i am only limited to 5 post per day...

you could consider doing a wrap. When you say coat, you mean paint protection layer?

And anyway it's ok! The A3 looks quite fine in white. ...But it's the most common color for A3 I think.

Yours SB or sedan?

Hi guys, I just deposited and book an A3 ha ha.. @ 119k had a good test drive and the sports mode was actually pretty strong. Was contemplating with the A4 for quite some time but in the end aiya mai hiam buey pai for the this price cant ask for much.

want to check with u all if you all got cheap and good lobang to paint/coat the car... now mine is the standard barebones white color, a lot of upgrading to do. Btw ps if I couldn't reply as i am only limited to 5 post per day...

Nice choice and very good price! Give me A3 anytime over A4. Was $130+ when looking at it. Current A4 somehow looks weird at certain angle. The A3 external look is perfect in proportion and sportiness. Drive is very good too.

Personally I feel barebone is good enough as long as the car ticks in drive, look and comfort. Gadgets are only good to have and rims can be changed. My friend will no longer engaged the electronic parking brake of A6 as the brake can sometimes refuse to let go even after release. I am happy with my old school hand brake level. I have NEVER used my car's bluetooth to call etc too and the list goes on. Waste of $. I would have opted out of all these gadgets if given a choice in my current car during the purchase. :)

Hi guys, I just deposited and book an A3 ha ha..  @ 119k had a good test drive and the sports mode was actually pretty strong. Was contemplating with the A4 for quite some time but in the end aiya mai hiam buey pai for the this price cant ask for much.

Good choice and certainly a very good price for the quality and experience! Welcome to the club!

Some updates about my first servicing, they changed a new clutch and did some updates on the software. Somehow the response is better and the lag that some bros here experience when moving off from a slope or accelerating when the car has slowed to gear 2 is much lesser now. Hopefully it is not a placebo effect.

Turbocharged

I have NEVER used my car's bluetooth to call etc too and the list goes on. Waste of $. I would have opted out of all these gadgets if given a choice in my current car during the purchase. :)

Not even for music?

I m a hardcore manual transmission fan, saw the a3 stock pic in sgcarmart, seems to be 6mt, does any bro know whether the AD bring in a3 with manual transmission, and how much does it cost? Thank!

Not even for music?

Nope. I only listen to radio. Either this or nothing. Nothing just so that I can hear the engine roar when I whack the engine to clear some carbon at times.

Give me ABS, ESC, EBD, drive mode select with adaptive suspension over the gadgets anytime. The only useful "gadget" is electric seat cos I switch driving with my wife very often.

you could consider doing a wrap. When you say coat, you mean paint protection layer?

And anyway it's ok! The A3 looks quite fine in white. ...But it's the most common color for A3 I think.

Yours SB or sedan?

Sedan! Ok i will look into doing a wrap. Any lobangs? It looks fine in white but too common alr... planning to change color once i get the keys..

What do u mean by barebones? As in, what does the $130k A3 have vs what the $119k A3 doesn't, besides the puny sports rims? 

Pay attention to those who look down on you then you will feel bad.

Ignore them and go by happily then they will in turn feel bad because their ego/snobbishness is not acknowledged.

My humble opinion to any car buyers is - just buy the car you feel most excited about in owning (within the boundary of your constraints). At the end of the day you are the one who is driving and come in contact with the car everyday.

I think it is much rewarding to get a car you feel excited and good about than getting a car which you are indifferent to by following the advice/dis-advice of those self-profess-know-it-all-expert-naysayer in the forums or elsewhere.

Wah, took me quite a while to read all 5 pages

Sedan! Ok i will look into doing a wrap. Any lobangs? It looks fine in white but too common alr... planning to change color once i get the keys..

Probably a respray job would be better.. If thinking of wrap, you will definitely need to remove the wrap and revert back to this current white at some point as due to natural elements like rain/sun etc, wrap will also be prone to cracking, bubbling, fading. 

When it comes to wrap removal, it will be worse if the glue has broken down so much and started to stain your paint. That's a big hassle especially since your car is white, it'll be very obvious and ugly. End up you may send for respray too.

Is your white colour called glacier white metallic? If so, that's the much preferred white over the other which looks abit cream/yellowish.

Does your car at 119k come with the normal rims or ugly ones? Maybe you can look for options to change the rims to a set that you prefer and then look at your car and perhaps you may rethink your colour change job.

Edited by K20VTEC

Turbocharged

I m a hardcore manual transmission fan, saw the a3 stock pic in sgcarmart, seems to be 6mt, does any bro know whether the AD bring in a3 with manual transmission, and how much does it cost? Thank!

No.

What do u mean by barebones? As in, what does the $130k A3 have vs what the $119k A3 doesn't, besides the puny sports rims? 

I seem to recall only the Ambition sportback model had powered seats and the most barebone one didn't have reverse cam, just sensors. The higher trims also have navigation in the MMI system. Not sure what else, my A3 spec card is somewhere and probably outdated anyway.

Hi Guys, mine included every features in the A3 Sedan - Attraction except the electric seats and the elegance mode and the other mode i forget. but it does includes sports mode so yeah.

Also, they changed the rims for me to the normal audi rims (the original one is the type of rim old taxis in singapore used to have)  

For my case... i really need to change my car color due to personal reasons haha, cant have white car.  what are the suggestions ah? coat spray paint? 

Turbocharged

Hi Guys, mine included every features in the A3 Sedan - Attraction except the electric seats and the elegance mode and the other mode i forget. but it does includes sports mode so yeah.

Also, they changed the rims for me to the normal audi rims (the original one is the type of rim old taxis in singapore used to have)  

For my case... i really need to change my car color due to personal reasons haha, cant have white car.  what are the suggestions ah? coat spray paint? 

If yours is Glacier White, instead of Ibis White, you actually already have premium metallic paint. Glacier White is sparkly and pretty with a bluish tint.

But perhaps you might like to copy Audi's Moonlight Blue (a dark blue with modest saturation) or the sporty looking Scuba Blue, or highlight the sporty look of the A3 sedan with red. Lastly I could suggest looking at matching my personal favorite from Audi; Daytona Grey Pearl.

Perhaps I'm weird, but I also imagine the A3 wouldn't look too bad in dark green or yellow.

If yours is Glacier White, instead of Ibis White, you actually already have premium metallic paint. Glacier White is sparkly and pretty with a bluish tint.

But perhaps you might like to copy Audi's Moonlight Blue (a dark blue with modest saturation) or the sporty looking Scuba Blue, or highlight the sporty look of the A3 sedan with red. Lastly I could suggest looking at matching my personal favorite from Audi; Daytona Grey Pearl.

Perhaps I'm weird, but I also imagine the A3 wouldn't look too bad in dark green or yellow.

Hi brother...

not weird at all! I am planning to make it metallic dark green. then add a carbon duck lip haha... any idea where to paint/coat? really got not much idea haha

Turbocharged

Hi brother...

not weird at all! I am planning to make it metallic dark green. then add a carbon duck lip haha... any idea where to paint/coat? really got not much idea haha

British Racing Green perhaps? Can't say it's something I imagine on an Audi...

But here is the Gotland Green for the A4:

gotland-green-new-a4.png

I think I'll withhold commentary on the carbon duck lip though...

There's a painter called Green Star that I believe has some recommendations here. I'm not familiar with spray painters.

British Racing Green perhaps? Can't say it's something I imagine on an Audi...

But here is the Gotland Green for the A4:

gotland-green-new-a4.png

I think I'll withhold commentary on the carbon duck lip though...

There's a painter called Green Star that I believe has some recommendations here. I'm not familiar with spray painters.

Eh this one sibei swee exactly what i wanted. thanks for the reki haha. Whats with the commentary haha

↡ Advertisement