Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

Turbocharged

Just a quick question.

Does anyone know what is the mesh plastic at the middle front of the dash towards the windscreen?

Are there speakers located inside there? 

I think our A3 should have 8 speakers.  4 at the doors, 2 at front pillars.  So where are the other two?

Thanks for the info.

Got picture of this mesh? If it's on the top of the dash under just under the wind screen, it's likely to be a speaker grille. My car has one center speaker and it's under a mesh above the center vents.

If it has no speaker inside, it may be cost cutting measure to streamline parts manufacture. Also makes it easier for you to install center speaker yourself later on.

8 speaker setups should be 4 door speakers and 4 tweeters. The rear tweeters are probably on the rear doors.

• Praise 1

Just a quick question.

Does anyone know what is the mesh plastic at the middle front of the dash towards the windscreen?

I think our A3 should have 8 speakers. 4 at the doors, 2 at front pillars. So where are the other two?

Thanks for the info.

It's the:

Defroster vent

q For windscreen

q Removing and installing: → General Body Repairs, Interior; Repair group 70; Dash panel: Removing and installing the dash panel

q If the intermediate piece was crushed between heater/air conditioner and air duct upon installation of the dash panel, then the air ducting to the front windscreen is irregular or insufficient. → General Body Repairs, Interior; Repair group 70; Dash panel; Removing the dash panel

post-144281-0-62409800-1476108796_thumb.png

• Praise 6

how to check A3 tyre pressure in MMIï¼ã

can this be done? good if possible. yah

just gotten my A3 , no USB port , is there any option to upgrade ? anyone

thanks

just buy a converter. that will solve the problem.. spend the money for other upgrade. heehee
  • Praise 1

It's the:

Defroster vent

q For windscreen

q Removing and installing: → General Body Repairs, Interior; Repair group 70; Dash panel: Removing and installing the dash panel

q If the intermediate piece was crushed between heater/air conditioner and air duct upon installation of the dash panel, then the air ducting to the front windscreen is irregular or insufficient. → General Body Repairs, Interior; Repair group 70; Dash panel; Removing the dash panel

Not so. The defroster vents are just in front of this. Maybe speakers since the mesh cover looks similar to the one on the doors.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Just to share for those who have creaking sound (going over rough road or hump) from the dashboard and may not know where the sound maybe coming from.

Mine started to have creak sound recently. Took me a while to isolate it. The sound came from the grove between the glove compartment and the centre dash (furthest in). Maybe glove compartment loosen from open/close lid too often.

Simple fix is to slot a piece of rubberized sponge/cloth in between glove compartment and centre dash. This solved the creak for me.

Bro could you take a pic of where the sound might come from and where to insert a sponge? I think mine started to have the rattling sound too.. Appreciate greatly bro

How is the fc for you guys? My a3 sedan 2016. 50litre can only drive around 600km. Tried both 95 and 98 both around 600km

What's your average speed?

Mine avg speed 34km/h get about 900km per tank ~18km/l. But my journey distance quite substantial 40km per trip

How is the fc for you guys? My a3 sedan 2016. 50litre can only drive around 600km. Tried both 95 and 98 both around 600km

What is your driving pattern like city/highway? Sound like you driving more in city..

Not too sure about the earlier year A3 8V but for the 2016 A3:

A-Pillar: 2 tweeter speakers

Front Doors: 4 speakers (2 bigger woofer speakers at bottom, 2 smaller mid-range speakers on top near handle)

Rear Doors: 2 speakers

These 8 speakers give about 180w power if  I remember correctly... that's why sounds a lot better than most Jap Car factory speakers.

The middle front dash mesh is for the center speaker (only found in Audio Sound System [ASS] and B&O system)

And there's a hole for an 8" woofer (given if you opted for ASS) at the rear deck; woofer for B&O is at spare tire well.

Just a quick question.

I think our A3 should have 8 speakers.  4 at the doors, 2 at front pillars.  So where are the other two?

Thanks for the info.

Edited by civic5163

What's your average speed?

Mine avg speed 34km/h get about 900km per tank ~18km/l. But my journey distance quite substantial 40km per trip

My avg speed is 28km/h.

I normally drive around 80-90km/h even on highways. One day clock about 60-80km cause doing sales.

Turbocharged

My avg speed is 28km/h.

I normally drive around 80-90km/h even on highways. One day clock about 60-80km cause doing sales.

so you're getting around 12km/l? If you are doing sales, maybe you spend a lot of time pulling into and parking in places? That does affect total fuel economy.

so you're getting around 12km/l? If you are doing sales, maybe you spend a lot of time pulling into and parking in places? That does affect total fuel economy.

Yea around 12km/hour..quite surprise also..cos it is similiar to my previous latio in terms of fc. Thought a3 can save quite a it of petrol... but no leh. Maybe pulling and parking in places really affect total fuel comsumption

Turbocharged

Yea around 12km/hour..quite surprise also..cos it is similiar to my previous latio in terms of fc. Thought a3 can save quite a it of petrol... but no leh. Maybe pulling and parking in places really affect total fuel comsumption

I wouldn't be surprised... I once got an average of about 12, ten minutes of hunting for carpark lot reduced my total trip average to 10.7

:a-bang:

Btw, it is a way to disable the MMI screen from popping out every time i start the engine? Also the auto-start stop how to deactivate? Now everytime i start car i need to press these 2 buttons :/

I wouldn't be surprised... I once got an average of about 12, ten minutes of hunting for carpark lot reduced my total trip average to 10.7

:a-bang:

Thot the 1.4L 7-spd can do much better than 12km/L. My 2.0L GTI is oredi doing 11km/L w 90% city driving.

Btw, it is a way to disable the MMI screen from popping out every time i start the engine? Also the auto-start stop how to deactivate? Now everytime i start car i need to press these 2 buttons :/

Haha. I also got the problem. Everytime needs to press the 2 buttons. :yuush:

What you expect from a turbo-charge car when peak torque is at 1400rpm? When there's power, there must be fuel burnt.

Latio doesn't come with turbo, but the power band should be quite high hence FC high.

Anyway, to drive in start stop and moving in car park, this kind of FC is reasonable.

↡ Advertisement