Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

how do i display A3 mmi chinese language as in when i play song from bluetooth , all chinese song is "square square square"  

Unfortunately chinese not supported according to PA.

↡ Advertisement

Hi all, no indicator light on my dashboard...just doing a routine check and i saw my coolant at this level (see attached photo). I read the manual saying that it should be between the two bold lines. Any recommendation on the type of coolant fluid to buy?

Don't anyhow top up coolant fluid, Purchase back original G13 coolant fm stockist

• Praise 1

Lousy MMI - which unable to support chinese and no USB

This is one of my peeve as well. Wasn't bothered by exclusion of USB tho. More than enough space in a 32gb SD card for all my music.

I only connect BT to my phone function only. Didn't connect BT to music as this cause my phone speakers not have sound when using apps like waze etc. Anyone has workaround for this?

This is one of my peeve as well. Wasn't bothered by exclusion of USB tho. More than enough space in a 32gb SD card for all my music.

I only connect BT to my phone function only. Didn't connect BT to music as this cause my phone speakers not have sound when using apps like waze etc. Anyone has workaround for this?

if you connect to BT, it will also have sound. I tried before on an A3 without GPS. I use my google map and connect to the BT to use the speaker in the car. while playing music from my device, it will have "alert" where to turn. Google map volume will overwrite the music.

if you connect to BT, it will also have sound. I tried before on an A3 without GPS. I use my google map and connect to the BT to use the speaker in the car. while playing music from my device, it will have "alert" where to turn. Google map volume will overwrite the music.

Thanks a lot anyway.  I know about that way already.

My problem is I play my music from the SD card or listen to radio most of the time.   If I connect BT to the "music" profile, my phone speakers has no sound and sound from phone doesnt stream to car speakers when MMI is playing radio or music from SD card.

I have to go to MMI settings to connect/disconnect BT "music" profile as and when I need to play music from the phone.  Then another step to switch to BT music source to hear the music.  Not that seamless.

Don't know whether the MMI can have BT "music" sound output concurrently with sound from radio/sdcard/aux jack?

Lousy MMI - which unable to support chinese and no USB 

Quite surprised actually, maybe AD trying to minimize OMV until even GPS also don't have. I have the same issue with my A3 SB in SGP, to navigate have to use my handphone. In China where I work, i could change the MMI from Chinese to English on my A6L. So not sure why this feature not available, maybe made in Europe? Vs. Made in China?

Quite surprised actually, maybe AD trying to minimize OMV until even GPS also don't have. I have the same issue with my A3 SB in SGP, to navigate have to use my handphone. In China where I work, i could change the MMI from Chinese to English on my A6L. So not sure why this feature not available, maybe made in Europe? Vs. Made in China?

Minimise cost & maximise profit loh.

Of course, MMI in China has to be duo langauge.  Otherwise, how laowai going to use it?

It has nothing to do with whether made in Europe or not.

Language option is set in factory whether in Europe or China.

Minimise cost & maximise profit loh.

Of course, MMI in China has to be duo langauge.  Otherwise, how laowai going to use it?

It has nothing to do with whether made in Europe or not.

Language option is set in factory whether in Europe or China.

yeah believe software update should resolve but not sure how do we get on that 

yeah believe software update should resolve but not sure how do we get on that 

Unlike iphone, there is no multilanguage for car infotainment.  Software update also no use.

Unlike iphone, there is no multilanguage for car infotainment.  Software update also no use.

Got lah.  The A3 MMI got multi-languages for selection but Asian/Chinese languages are not part of that list.  Maybe just as simple as to add language pack.  It is definitely doable.  But I think the real reason is not done is due to Audi firmware delivery mechanism which is segregated by region (and nobody wanted to re-wire this automated firmware delivery/update logic)

Hi, does anyone knoe if the newer A3 sedans come with CoD(Cylinder on Demand) tech. This tech helps to save fuel. Also, if the older cars could be modified or upgraded to get this function. Thx.

• Praise 1

Hi, does anyone knoe if the newer A3 sedans come with CoD(Cylinder on Demand) tech. This tech helps to save fuel. Also, if the older cars could be modified or upgraded to get this function. Thx.

The new 1.0T doesn't have. Only with 1.4T has this option. But this will be in cat b at 150hp. So most probably PA not bringing that one.

Thx for your quick reply. That means only the A4 1.4 gets this tech. Btw the newer A3 sedans get 1.0 engibe with 3 cylinders? Wats the hp and torque and fuel efficiency?

The new 1.0T doesn't have. Only with 1.4T has this option. But this will be in cat b at 150hp. So most probably PA not bringing that one.

Thx for your quick reply. That means only the A4 1.4 gets this tech. Btw the newer A3 sedans get 1.0 engibe with 3 cylinders? Wats the hp and torque and fuel efficiency?
↡ Advertisement