Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

From a marketing point of view, they won't want to go below the Jetta.

So for new buyers especially those who don't have an idea of what goes on under the bonnet, the main thing they will like is the 'cheapest premium car in Cat A' tag.

It won't matter if it's a 2 cylinder, 0-100 in 15s type of car, so long as the tag is a premium one. And they won't know or care if it's German or Hungarian either.

Discerning motorists who have been buying Audi will be more concerned I feel.

I am curious about the specs. Of course the 0-100, and the torque figures look respectable, but I always feel the de-tuned 1.4 of the VW group is quietly hiding more power than what it does on paper. So even if the figures remain the same, IMHO, the new 1.0 is not the equal of the current 1.4.

I am keen to know what's the price tag on the new A3.. 

My bet is that the newish A3 will be selling in the region of $120K - $129K which is in the higher range of the Jetta models. The $110 K region is already covered by the A1 while the incoming Q2 will probably cover the $130K - $140K region. Its all about market placement so that they can cover a wide range of various consumer budget.

Is PA taking orders for the 1.0t yet?

They are asking people to register their interest on their website so I guess it is going to happen quite soon. 

I just did my 15k servicing.

Signed for package of four servicings - up to 60k KM and four years - for just over $1800 with GST and one free change of battery.

There was no upgrade of engine software though. I asked but the staff seems unaware and said there isn't one for A3.

Edited by AudiNoob
  • Praise 1

Ok. suaku.. just realised accidentally that frm e remote, i can wind down all e four car windows.. just found out after one year of ownership! Haha

Haha.. Not only that, you can also wind UP all e four windows too. [:p]

Ok. suaku.. just realised accidentally that frm e remote, i can wind down all e four car windows.. just found out after one year of ownership! Haha

Where's this remote bro? Which button? I didn't know this either and still haven't figured out. LOL

Where's this remote bro? Which button? I didn't know this either and still haven't figured out. LOL

Press and hold the unlock button to wind down. Press and hold the lock button to wind up.
  • Praise 2

I just did my 15k servicing.

Signed for package of four servicings - up to 60k KM and four years - for just over $1800 with GST and one free change of battery.

There was no upgrade of engine software though. I asked but the staff seems unaware and said there isn't one for A3.

just the servicing engine oil and battery right? any other things that r included?

Press and hold the unlock button to wind down. Press and hold the lock button to wind up.

Thanks bro. Yupz, this is e way.. i realised this is because my remote in my pocket in my tight jeans.. n sat. n when i turn my head, i wondered why e heck all my 4 windows are down.. haha.. now im wondering what else abt e car i dun know of.
  • Praise 1

The new 1 litre engine has no other changes except for the LED lights vs the current version. And next week available to test drive already...

Still keyless and have electric seats?

Thanks bro. Yupz, this is e way.. i realised this is because my remote in my pocket in my tight jeans.. n sat. n when i turn my head, i wondered why e heck all my 4 windows are down.. haha.. now im wondering what else abt e car i dun know of.

Press and hold the unlock Boot button to auto open the boot also.. hahaha.. These features have been there for very long already. Last time my 2008 Audi A4 already got these features. :-)

The new 1 litre engine has no other changes except for the LED lights vs the current version. And next week available to test drive already...

What's the price bro?

Turbocharged

Common across many makes.

Just for everyone's info the official name for this remote open/closing windows is known as Global Open/Close

Wow... less engine, same or higher price.. they really keep all the margins and profits to themselves.

I wonder if the specs are higher..

Run out and grab the last few 1.4T A3s..

↡ Advertisement