Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

Neutral Newbie

Guys, anyone of you experiencing metallic screeching or scrapping sounds coming from the wheels when moving off from cold start (must always from cool enclosed environment after parking for 4hours or more) below 20km/h. Once you brake or accelerate at higher speeds the sound will go off.

Can share with me if you have gotten this fixed at Audi? As I am always unable to replicate it for the technicians to see. Thanks all

↡ Advertisement

Guys, anyone of you experiencing metallic screeching or scrapping sounds coming from the wheels when moving off from cold start (must always from cool enclosed environment after parking for 4hours or more) below 20km/h. Once you brake or accelerate at higher speeds the sound will go off.

Can share with me if you have gotten this fixed at Audi? As I am always unable to replicate it for the technicians to see. Thanks all

In gear 1?

Yea in gear 1

Does it occur more than once? Eg. After move off you come to a stop after you exit the lot and then when moving off again the metal screeching sound comes back?

If so, sounds like a clutch problem. Can go to PA and have them replace under warranty

Neutral Newbie

Does it occur more than once? Eg. After move off you come to a stop after you exit the lot and then when moving off again the metal screeching sound comes back?

If so, sounds like a clutch problem. Can go to PA and have them replace under warranty

I just checked with pa just now. They mentioned it might be brake issue. Fixed an appt with them. Hopefully it will be resolved... update you all once I get it fixed.

my issue happens from cold start under sheltered carpark environment. Must park for 4hours or more then when moving off speed below 20km/h will have the metal screeching sound. After you increase speed or brakes it will go off. Does not comes back after brakes are warm up.

I just checked with pa just now. They mentioned it might be brake issue. Fixed an appt with them. Hopefully it will be resolved... update you all once I get it fixed.

my issue happens from cold start under sheltered carpark environment. Must park for 4hours or more then when moving off speed below 20km/h will have the metal screeching sound. After you increase speed or brakes it will go off. Does not comes back after brakes are warm up.

well this is normal as its the brakes and pads making the noise. once warm up it should be fine.

my ride is 2 years + and I still have these sound from cold start every time.

• Praise 2

well this is normal as its the brakes and pads making the noise. once warm up it should be fine.

my ride is 2 years + and I still have these sound from cold start every time.

I too have the sound when cold.  More pronounce when turning but sound goes away after about 10-20 sec.

Hi, I bought a new a3 sedan aug 2016, drove about 10k mileage . Today the yellow oil lamp low error appear. Do I need to drive to service service to fix it? Or what should I do?

• Praise 2

Same package as other bros here:

3 years servicing

5 years unlimited mileage warranty

Front and back in car camera (T5 brand)

Car mats

Tried very hard on the price but PA is quite firm on the price.

Anyway SE informed that they will up the price from Monday onwards. Take it with a pinch of salt although my previous experience tells me that it's true as the other time they tell me after the promo period price will increase by 5k they really increase it...

Was at Vivo last evening. The price displayed is $123k. I was told no GPS and Reverse camera. So your front/back is just in car camera.

Need to test the 1.0 turbo to feel that torque if indeed it is able to power that body. It is impressive. :a-m1212: Good buy

Was at Vivo last evening. The price displayed is $123k. I was told no GPS and Reverse camera. So your front/back is just in car camera.

Need to test the 1.0 turbo to feel that torque if indeed it is able to power that body. It is impressive. :a-m1212: Good buy

wow impressive perf n value for money.....

very competitive pricing....on par wif Jap models lo....

Electric seats come as standard? Not sure whether the display car at vivo is what they offer for 123k

Quite nicely built...Rear legroom not as bad as imagined after setting up driving seat position. Centre hump can be a hassle to get in/out for 5th passenger

Edited by Johnny86
  • Praise 1

Roadshow deal is usually quite attractive. Good time to commit if you really interested.

I am no car sales person but I believe there is a cap internally by the company. So it's either you get this or that so long as the overall value of the freebies is within the budget so the sharing is just for a rough idea of what we can ask for but in no way a reason to bang table if you didn't get or for those who have bought to be green with envy. As we all know, deals always change depending on the flavour of the month.

Enjoy!

• Praise 1

Been driving 1.0 A3 sedan for 2 months... Performance is good but definitely not fabulous as it is still at 1.0. Steering quite light and under-steer in some tight corner situation so probably u will need to set the steering to dynamic mode in the "Individual" drive select choice.

Electric seats come as standard? Not sure whether the display car at vivo is what they offer for 123k

Quite nicely built...Rear legroom not as bad as imagined after setting up driving seat position. Centre hump can be a hassle to get in/out for 5th passenger

Electric seat comes standard for the facelift version but only on driver side without memory. 

• Praise 2

Been driving 1.0 A3 sedan for 2 months... Performance is good but definitely not fabulous as it is still at 1.0. Steering quite light and under-steer in some tight corner situation so probably u will need to set the steering to dynamic mode in the "Individual" drive select choice.

Electric seat comes standard for the facelift version but only on driver side without memory.

thank you for sharing. wonder why they reduce from 1.4 to 1.0 litre. it was be just nice to maintain at 1.4.

thank you for sharing. wonder why they reduce from 1.4 to 1.0 litre. it was be just nice to maintain at 1.4.

Better profits... Audi didn't return the savings from the CEVS..

Better profits... Audi didn't return the savings from the CEVS..

The old 1.4 and the new 1.0 has the same CEVS. Anyway the facelifted A3 dont have a 1.4 under CAT A. The new 1.4 is at 150bps.

↡ Advertisement