Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

so there is a new 1.4?

Yeah not sold by PA in Singapore. The 1.4 is a similar engine as A4's 1.4.

Looking at how much they jack the price for the Q2 1.0 vs the Q2 1.4, they would probably sell A3 1.4 at ard 140k. They probably did not bring it in as they dont think they will be able to sell much. 

$140k A3 cannot lah. yesterday saw a A3 SLL drove passed me. seem powerful for a 1.0 engine.

With much weight loss from the pre FL A3s together with the new dry clutch gb, 1.0 is pretty powerful on the road, as compared to othe 1.6 makes. On paper 0-100km/h is 9,8s but feels much quicker when u step on the gas. Change to sport mode (via gear shift) and easily 7s (based on experience) at the least.

Yeah not sold by PA in Singapore. The 1.4 is a similar engine as A4's 1.4.

Looking at how much they jack the price for the Q2 1.0 vs the Q2 1.4, they would probably sell A3 1.4 at ard 140k. They probably did not bring it in as they dont think they will be able to sell much. 

Tot there is supposed to be a 1.4 COD (Cylinder on Demand) version. Not much complains about the 1.0 for now except a few irritating defects like radio issue...

With much weight loss from the pre FL A3s together with the new dry clutch gb, 1.0 is pretty powerful on the road, as compared to othe 1.6 makes. On paper 0-100km/h is 9,8s but feels much quicker when u step on the gas. Change to sport mode (via gear shift) and easily 7s (based on experience) at the least.

Tot there is supposed to be a 1.4 COD (Cylinder on Demand) version. Not much complains about the 1.0 for now except a few irritating defects like radio issue...

A 1L car doing 7s..
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

A 1L car doing 7s.. ð¤¡

Today's been stressful so thanks for making me smile

I got a shock the first time I put it to S mode and put the pedal down. Holy sheet .. so different from cruising on Drive and comfort mode Edited by Pigjedi

I got a shock the first time I put it to S mode and put the pedal down. Holy sheet .. so different from cruising on Drive and comfort mode

Yeah. I feel u. A joy to use at times...

now i feel like taking my father-in-law's A3 out for a spin. if a 3-cyl 1.0t A3 can do the century sprint in 7s in sport mode, i think his 1.4t should be able to do 6.x?

now i feel like taking my father-in-law's A3 out for a spin. if a 3-cyl 1.0t A3 can do the century sprint in 7s in sport mode, i think his 1.4t should be able to do 6.x?

It sure feels like you can reach 100km/h in 7s when you are at 60-70km/h.  But then time catches up with you going from 80 to 100km/h.  

i think cannot

cos pre face lift

i think cannot

cos pre face lift

Think Theoldjaffa is being sarcastic.

There is no way the stock A3 (1.4 or 1.0) can do 6 or 7s sprint.  Maybe possible with mods (and after stripping all the unnecessary dead weights, near empty petrol tank and launch control)

• Praise 1

Is the new 2017 Audi A3 1.0l using the DQ200 or DQ250 clutch?

Need to know whether it is the same as the problematic GB as Golf mk7 1.4l

Is the new 2017 Audi A3 1.0l using the DQ200 or DQ250 clutch?

Need to know whether it is the same as the problematic GB as Golf mk7 1.4l

Same as the current Golf.

The quoted 0-100 timing by PA is based on sport mode with launch control (if your car have). Hint: turn off ESC, foot on brake, other foot mash pedal. The rpm will hold around 3000+. But i think the DSG dry 7speed doesnt have this feature.

1.4 best record is 9.1sec (mine)

1.0 best record 9.7sec (friends)

S mode only changes the shift points on the gearbox, hence it "feels" different. Only a ECU tune (stage 1,2,3) will give you better 0-100 times.

The quoted 0-100 timing by PA is based on sport mode with launch control (if your car have). Hint: turn off ESC, foot on brake, other foot mash pedal. The rpm will hold around 3000+. But i think the DSG dry 7speed doesnt have this feature.

1.4 best record is 9.1sec (mine)

1.0 best record 9.7sec (friends)

S mode only changes the shift points on the gearbox, hence it "feels" different. Only a ECU tune (stage 1,2,3) will give you better 0-100 times.

Think the overseas 1.4t is tuned to 150hp and 250Nm with manufacturers stated 0-100 of 8.5sec.

↡ Advertisement