Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

probably clutch issue. Mine is also a 1.4L a3 bought in Oct 2016, since late April would sometimes have that metallic grrrrk noise when moving off at low speed or when going off a ramp.

Brought back to PA and they fixed appointment to have the entire clutch replaced. They have a dedicated team for that it seems

How many days did they take to replace the entire clutch? Any courtesy car when car is in workshop? The problem seems to hAve gotten worse now, 80% of the time when I drove off from stop will have the errrrr metal sound. Is the car still road worthy?
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Oct 2016 need to replace clutch didn't sound right. Even if you are a taxi driver, you won't have covered 300,000 km.

Somehow this is not giving the brand a good name it deserved. Audi is a very common car in Euro. I can't imagine they face similar problem there and can yet sell so well.

Can it because we don't have the right expertise to maintain such cars?

• Praise 3

Neutral Newbie

How many days did they take to replace the entire clutch? Any courtesy car when car is in workshop? The problem seems to hAve gotten worse now, 80% of the time when I drove off from stop will have the errrrr metal sound. Is the car still road worthy?

1 full day. Drop it in morning by 6pm it was done. I asked why clutch got problem when car is still so new and my mileage only 8k. They would only say the replacement clutch is a new improved model so won't have that problem. As it is under warranty and replacement was fast, got nothing to complain apart from the concerns above.

No replacement car as only one day. If still under warranty suggest you go in and have it changed.

Oct 2016 need to replace clutch didn't sound right. Even if you are a taxi driver, you won't have covered 300,000 km.

Somehow this is not giving the brand a good name it deserved. Audi is a very common car in Euro. I can't imagine they face similar problem there and can yet sell so well.

Can it because we don't have the right expertise to maintain such cars?

Yep hence I was surprised when the car started to make noise but looking at other posts on the forum not an isolated issue. When I went to PA to complain they straight away identified as clutch issue and said will replace. My mileage very normal.. Only 8k plus lol

Supersonic

'New improved clutch' on a 8 mth old car??...

Didn't the GB come from the same factory?

regular servicing can be done at Leng Kee. 

All major repair has to be done at Ubi. However, you can still send your car to Leng Kee and their serviceman will drive it down to Ubi. 

In fact, PA provides door step picking up and delivering of car. (for repair). have tried there before personally when my car gearbox has noise. fixed within 2 days.

but wonderingl why my request for Leng Kee centre was denied when I booked for regular servicing? the CSO claimed that all servicing has to be arranged in Ubi only.

in what circumstances can the car be serviced at Lee Kee?

Neutral Newbie

'New improved clutch' on a 8 mth old car??...

Didn't the GB come from the same factory?

No idea... it should be? They said the 1.0l FL A3 has the improved clutch

No idea... it should be? They said the 1.0l FL A3 has the improved clutch

M driving the FL A3, for about 4 months plus. So far so good regarding the clutch but probably too early to tell. Other issues so far are constant squeaking noise when driving and radio volume inconsistency when driving. Audi has yet to resolve them.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I had done my 1st time service (15k). The technician was telling me it is better to go back and check the battery end of this year. 

Have any of you replaced the battery before? Did you do at Audi service center or outside? 

Hi, I had done my 1st time service (15k). The technician was telling me it is better to go back and check the battery end of this year. 

Have any of you replaced the battery before? Did you do at Audi service center or outside? 

Have replaced our battery once at Audi center.

Anyone bought the A3 Cabriolet? any issue with water seepage so far?  

Thanks bro Soya and bro zerobim08 for replies.

Seems like you are one of the few owners with near to zero issues since ownership of the car!  [thumbsup]

Maybe i shall really go take a closer look at the forum pages from the start again to find out more.. [:)]

I think the A3 dsg gearbox (as well as the engine) are quite temperamental.  Occasionally the shift is a bit jerky and rough especially in the morning.  At other times, it is silky smooth that you can barely feel the shift.

Same with the engine. Sometimes it feels rough and lethargic (press gas and it doesnt seem to want to move).  At other times it is very peppy and smooth - press gas a little and you can feel the surge forward.  

I think the A3 dsg gearbox (as well as the engine) are quite temperamental. Occasionally the shift is a bit jerky and rough especially in the morning. At other times, it is silky smooth that you can barely feel the shift.

Same with the engine. Sometimes it feels rough and lethargic (press gas and it doesnt seem to want to move). At other times it is very peppy and smooth - press gas a little and you can feel the surge forward.

Same here. I tried comfort drive mode for this week and it seems to be better but maybe it's just that it is not temperamental this week.

Can I confirm that when you park the car and turn off engine, the electronic brake will not activate automatically?

Same here. I tried comfort drive mode for this week and it seems to be better but maybe it's just that it is not temperamental this week.

Can I confirm that when you park the car and turn off engine, the electronic brake will not activate automatically?

Yep.  it doesnt activate.  

(edited)

Guys ... any idea where can I replace the clutch with reasonable charge?

I went to several workshop, they like want to eat me alive ...  :TT_TT:

09 Audi A3 Sportback ... 

Edited by Rb20det

Guys ... any idea where can I replace the clutch with reasonable charge?

I went to several workshop, they like want to eat me alive ...  :TT_TT:

09 Audi A3 Sportback ... 

http://www.riverviewauto.com.sg/

Look for Ah Foo, his pricing is reasonable.

I think the A3 dsg gearbox (as well as the engine) are quite temperamental.  Occasionally the shift is a bit jerky and rough especially in the morning.  At other times, it is silky smooth that you can barely feel the shift.

Same with the engine. Sometimes it feels rough and lethargic (press gas and it doesnt seem to want to move).  At other times it is very peppy and smooth - press gas a little and you can feel the surge forward.  

The Audi agent also commented that conti cars are not like Jap cares, they are quite temperamental.

is the pre-face lift model also on 7 speed DSG dry clutch? 

Same gearbox..

Hopefully with the new Golf 7.5 sporting a new gearbox, that will also distil to the A3 in future..

• Praise 2

Same gearbox..

Hopefully with the new Golf 7.5 sporting a new gearbox, that will also distil to the A3 in future..

Tot FL A3 already using new DCT 7 speed dry clutch?

↡ Advertisement