Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

1.4T also dry clutch

there r many audi workshops as it's parts sharing with vw.

dry clutch requires more maintenance but it's a cheaper part than wet clutch. for the same car with wet clutch, expect to pay a higher price. so it doesn't really have much of a benefit other than maybe smoother shifts.

but the dual clutch is generally a pretty smooth shifting unit by itself. Previous Ferrari Alfa owners used the single dry clutch which was more challenging but also more engaging. So it's probably ok to have the dual dry one. 

may be hard to sell well as car will be priced higher

Have to agree with you on this.

But name me a car that is luxury brand and have people easily convince you have made it without spending a bomb at lower than 119K?

Nissan Quasqhai too common

Renault not atas enough

MAzda is way cheaper but too Uber-ish

Of course there are better and cheaper cars out there. 

But best bang for "face value" u have to spend a bit more to get the BMW 116D at 122K.

At LEast, you can have a bragging right to say the BMW is the one and only one which is hatch back and rear wheel drive with unbeatable handling .

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement

The badge says alot and the number of 3rd party workshops will be limited. the other is the argument that dry clutch requires more maintenance. I am comparing with cars within the $120k range. 

Maintenance/breakdown costs is always an IF.  It can happen or it may not. 

So do one live their life fearing they will die tomorrow...or live happy today and not be burdened by things that may not happen tomorrow?

But name me a car that is luxury brand and have people easily convince you have made it without spending a bomb at lower than 119K?

Renault not atas enough

But best bang for "face value" u have to spend a bit more to get the BMW 116D at 122K.

At LEast, you can have a bragging right to say the BMW is the one and only one which is hatch back and rear wheel drive with unbeatable handling .

Some other worth considering are MB A180, Volvo V40, VW Golf.

Renault not atas enough

i was referring to the fact ppl complain A3 should use wet clutch. it will be priced higher if the wet clutch is used, pushing it into the 120s or 130s price range. 

i was referring to the fact ppl complain A3 should use wet clutch. it will be priced higher if the wet clutch is used, pushing it into the 120s or 130s price range. 

yes and no. I believe the next facelifted version from BW and Audi should see the re introduction of wet clutch.

When that happens, it would be a required hack to get a wet clutch to replace the dry clutch.

While I agree that the wet clutch is more costly. If the prices are just a tad higher, the barrier to accepting the car will be much more compeling ...

yes and no. I believe the next facelifted version from BW and Audi should see the re introduction of wet clutch.

When that happens, it would be a required hack to get a wet clutch to replace the dry clutch.

While I agree that the wet clutch is more costly. If the prices are just a tad higher, the barrier to accepting the car will be much more compeling ...

It won’t be a tad higher. It’s just the way the system is, much more costly.

Anyway it’s one thing to believe something will happen, another for something to actually happen

Just booked a A3 sedan without VC today. Delivery in End Nov. My first luxury car and happy to join you guys.

hmm first luxury car? what car were u driving?

1L audi a3...its barely luxurious to be honest but a decent car...

• Praise 1

changed over from a 2016 Mazda 3. 

• Praise 1

Just booked a A3 sedan without VC today. Delivery in End Nov. My first luxury car and happy to join you guys.

Congratulations

The A3 is a nice place to start for continental car ownership

It is a result of your own hard work , enjoy it with your family , I am sure they will love it too

• Praise 2

While I agree that the wet clutch is more costly. If the prices are just a tad higher, the barrier to accepting the car will be much more compeling ...

Actually I was surprised to find out the new Audi RS5 is a 8speed regular auto. They say dsg cannot handle the torque. But I think it’s more like dsg keep breaking until buay tahan and their warranty cost increased! Haha

Aiyah, people happy about their car. Anyway Audi interiors are quite nice.

Actually I was surprised to find out the new Audi RS5 is a 8speed regular auto. They say dsg cannot handle the torque. But I think itâs more like dsg keep breaking until buay tahan and their warranty cost increased! Haha

Aiyah, people happy about their car. Anyway Audi interiors are quite nice.

Ferrari lambo use dual clutch.

It’s not keep breaking down. It’s the driver engagement which caters to a specific taste

Thats quite a new car to change from...just curious...  what prompted you to change? 

just feel my Mazda 3 still got value and also like the design especially the dynamic signal lights

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

just feel my Mazda 3 still got value and also like the design especially the dynamic signal lights

Bro, I am envious that you got the car (A3) you like :)

I love the car too but wifey prefers a BMW, so have to give in :P

I'm considering getting a used A3 1.4 sedan, any advice on the maintenance cost and FC?

Clutch wear is the most obvious. 2k to replace.

Turbo can spoil too. Also expensive.

Injectors, coils, another 2-3k.

Brakes, 1-2k.

Do at AD cost even more. Set aside 10k at least. Make your mechanic very happy

A number of cracked piston cases reported by 1.4 TSI owners, after a few years of ownership.

Wah ... those require engine overhaul one - better to do at AD w/s.

MU (mechatronic unit) failures, needing complete replacement are quite common also.

↡ Advertisement