Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

Supersonic

There is an Audi roadshow in Suntec City this week.

Located at the atrium near Marche. 

Do check out the deals there.

[thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Haha... It's actually the best price to performance car at this segment.

Most Singaporeans can't get past the brand stigma..

Sounds like you made up your mind already ;)

Do check: warranty on the A3, what it covers, esp the gearbox, and the costs of servicing.

The fit and finish is very nice indeed, and the drive is quite good. The 1.4T was very spirited, which is why I almost bought it during the warehouse sale..

Tot the FL model only offers 1.0T? 1.4T is the pre FL model.

Most Singaporeans can't get past the brand stigma..

Indeed... But I have heard good things on the RS245. Still 20K plus cheaper than the Seat Cupra. Actually a very good proposition if u r into power.

Twincharged

How about the Infinity Q30. It's actually a Merc GLA under the hood.. Starts from around 120k or even less..

with a shitty renault 1.5 turbo diesel.

• Praise 1

Tot the FL model only offers 1.0T? 1.4T is the pre FL model.

Indeed... But I have heard good things on the RS245. Still 20K plus cheaper than the Seat Cupra. Actually a very good proposition if u r into power.

Cupra is more powerful and lighter at ard 290bhp.abt 1 sec faster 0 to 100kmh. Itself is also vfm, imho, if we can look past badges as usual. Relatively rare too even though it was launched way back in 2016
  • Praise 1

That's the version I tested.

Hey therock,

Can help advise some key aspect between mentioned FL 1.0l and preFL 1.4L other than the obvious engine ?

TIA and cheers.

Richard

(edited)

Hey therock,

Can help advise some key aspect between mentioned FL 1.0l and preFL 1.4L other than the obvious engine ?

TIA and cheers.

Richard

IMHO, for your wife, the power delivery differences for city driving will not be a lot.

But I didn't drive the 1.0T so my opinion is purely conjecture and also from articles and reviews. At highway speeds the differences will be more obvious.

The spec sheet is also different. At 119k with a COE of 52k then, they took out a few features and there was no  active safety suite, no USB, no rims, no memory seats and no dynamic drive mode.

However earlier and more expensive versions of the 1.4T had these for about 5-10k more.. IIRC the 1.0T has more kit, but still no active safety features?

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_features.php?CarCode=11451&Subcode=5527

IMO, there is a certain prestige factor I suppose, but if you want a fuss free drive, the 2.0l Impreza that you are also looking is pretty good.

However the turbo, even a 1.0T, gives a nice kick that your CVT driven 2.0 NA engine won't. 

So YMMV... I like the engine in my current ride, a basic 1.6T, which can sound agricultural.. the VW/Audi engine revs nicely and the ride is good.

Just look out for the gearbox and make sure the warranty covers it for an extended period.

Edited by therock

(edited)

IMHO, for your wife, the power delivery differences for city driving will not be a lot.

But I didn't drive the 1.0T so my opinion is purely conjecture and also from articles and reviews. At highway speeds the differences will be more obvious.

The spec sheet is also different. At 119k with a COE of 52k then, they took out a few features and there was no active safety suite, no USB, no rims, no memory seats and no dynamic drive mode.

However earlier and more expensive versions of the 1.4T had these for about 5-10k more.. IIRC the 1.0T has more kit, but still no active safety features?

http://www.sgcarmart.com/new_cars/newcars_features.php?CarCode=11451&Subcode=5527

IMO, there is a certain prestige factor I suppose, but if you want a fuss free drive, the 2.0l Impreza that you are also looking is pretty good.

However the turbo, even a 1.0T, gives a nice kick that your CVT driven 2.0 NA engine won't.

So YMMV... I like the engine in my current ride, a basic 1.6T, which can sound agricultural.. the VW/Audi engine revs nicely and the ride is good.

Just look out for the gearbox and make sure the warranty covers it for an extended period.

Hi therock,

Wow ... tks man ! Certainly confusing without your good info and frankly not clear on the goodies included in last Sat's offer of 118k++ except 3 yrs service and 5 yrs unlimited warranty but had gone up by 2k since Monday.

Wife ever mentioned wanted to try Conti and yes, I also have snob factor to try fulfil that.

On the 1.4l, I hope to address her comment on "hollow" feeling that some blog did mentioned as the 3 cylinder engine being a bit different and while I can understand superior S tronic dsg trans, 1.2k+ ton and 1.0l turbo is still pushing it. However, seems warranty is only 3 yrs on 2017 ones until 2019 on sgcarmart compared to current 5 yrs :(

http://m.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=724062

*12k km+ mileage

Seems also that 1.4l also holds well on FC and may used get a used one that is still newer than her current 3 yrs old ride for a bit of reprise.

Yes, the A3 firmer ride is nice without the rippling effect of typical of non conti japs and noise level is quite acceptable without going extensive heavy SP as with my forester fxt version Lexus.

Thanks again to you and advices from bros here ... with appreciation.

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032

The A3 is a driver’s car rather than a gadget filled car because they didn’t include as many gadgets to keep the OMV down and pad their margins.

The 1.4t engine is sweet.

But do consider that the A3 is a vios sized car. If you need space the Impreza is larger and more roomy.

Also check out the Golf 7.5. Less costly and uses a 1.4t.

Not the same badge but many more features and space is the same.

For a bit more, the new merc A class is very promising.

Hi guys, my warranty will be expiring in 3 months. Currently, so far so good, mileage at 55k. Just wondering what are the common issues at this mileage which had occurred to your rides that can be rectified during the warranty period. 

• Praise 1

With that kind of price, might as well go and buy Passat. Since they share the same gearbox. At least got a more powerful and more roomy cabin. The downfall of A3 is the gearbox. Dry clutch gearbox in our environment is a no go.

Because it’s bro Richard’s other choice and it’s cheaper too..

Hi therock,

Yes and thanks ... as mentioned, overall 10 yrs cost to owners since me and wife don't change car are the surprising about the same due to road tax and petrol $ but yes, worried on the reliability and repair cost of the A3 and PA.

Cheers,

Richard

If you're considering Conti, why don't try Skoda?

Hi Beanoyip,

Guess not familiar with it and won't go there due to little and poor mkt info.

Cheers,

Richard

Different badge leh..

Besides, IMO the A3 looks better:)

Those air vents look great!

Hi therock,

Yes !!!

Yes !!

and Yes !

Cheers,

Richard

First and foremost, why is impreza mentioned with A3 altogether?

Hi Hamburger,

Sorry for the confusion but as mentioned, overall cost is surprising about the same less any reliability mishap of the A3 which I do not know.

Cheers,

Richard