Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

Is it better to press the button to release the parking brake then drive off or just just press accelerator and drive off?

You need to deactivate the electronic parking brake by pressing the button before driving off. It's like your manual handbrake.

The press accelerator and drive off is the Auto Release function - only available as an option for the A3 8V. Think it comes standard for A4 and above. 

Edited by SabreRider
  • Praise 2

You need to deactivate the electronic parking brake by pressing the button before driving off. It's like your manual handbrake.

The press accelerator and drive off is the Auto Release function - only available as an option for the A3 8V. Think it comes standard for A4 and above. 

Update: Sorry for the wrong info everyone.

Now that I now own an A3, I can now answer that question. With the electronic parking brake activated, you can move off just by pressing the gas pedal. You do not have to manually deactivate it.

So what's the difference between the Auto Release and Electronic Parking Brake?

No difference essentially because it engages the same brake function. With the auto release, when you activate it, it stays on until you turn it off - so every time you come to a full stop, it automatically engages the parking brake so that you can lift your foot off without inching forward. When you move off by pressing the gas pedal, the parking brake just disengages. This is especially useful for older folks and when you are in start stop traffic or on a slope.

Is it worth having it? If your purpose is moving off a slope without rolling back, the e-parking brake should suffice. However, in normal driving situations, I do not recommend using the Auto Release function if your default driving mode is auto or comfort. That is because the when the engine start up and the disengaging of e-brake is not really concurrent, it results in slow move-offs. Yes, it is significant. If you are forever on dynamic mode, then the auto release is a good to have as the only lag is the starting up of the engine from ready mode.

Just my experience. :)

• Praise 1

The auto hold function is only good if you're on a very steep slope, trying to park or moving off..

Other than that, it should be turned off..

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi All Snr Bro here, thinking of getting Audi A3 1.0 but not sure if they are still using the problematic 7 Speed DSG gearbox. Any big issue for this car?

thanks

Hi All Snr Bro here, thinking of getting Audi A3 1.0 but not sure if they are still using the problematic 7 Speed DSG gearbox. Any big issue for this car?

thanks

Still using the problematic dry clutch. But the more accurate question will be, any bro with Audi A3 1.0 have experienced clutch issues?

Abit unfair to compare just parts as merc A class use renault engine and infinity Q50 using merc engine. Nowadays its a rojak world. I think only few brands like toyota stay true to its components.

Alot of things made up a car, skoda superb engine is better than A4 2.0 but have to look at the whole car system, not just engine n clutch. Alot of protons in malaysia mounted with EVO engines, does not make them an Evo.

I think only few brands like toyota stay true to its components.

New Toyota Supra already using the new BMW Z4 components. 

Still using the problematic dry clutch. But the more accurate question will be, any bro with Audi A3 1.0 have experienced clutch issues?

Abit unfair to compare just parts as merc A class use renault engine and infinity Q50 using merc engine. Nowadays its a rojak world. I think only few brands like toyota stay true to its components.

Alot of things made up a car, skoda superb engine is better than A4 2.0 but have to look at the whole car system, not just engine n clutch. Alot of protons in malaysia mounted with EVO engines, does not make them an Evo.

• Praise 1

superb engine is better than A4? really?

Superb use EA88 engine, same as Audi S3.

A4 use a lower range. Not all 2.0, 1.8, 1.4 VAG models the same.

I dont really read much, I dun like big cars. My next aim is S3 or STI if life situation allows.

superb engine is better than A4? really?

Another hint of engine class would be looking at passat 1.8 and 2.0 selling now. The gap is huge. Passat 2.0 is much more expensive than Audi A4 2.0. Edited by Gapyear

Out liao? Singapore dun have i think, another thing about toyota each factory made differently for specific market. So reliability due to climate differences better.

Continental cars sold in cold temperate areas n arabian dessert countries are exactly identical. Hahah

It is launched and available for order.

In UK, 2k unit was allotted for 2019 and sold out liao.

Neutral Newbie

good to hear something good from existing owner..

went down to test the A3 1.0L today... in sports mode, the driving is fantastic and drives better than my 1.6L hyundai. thinking of changing to take advantage of the lower COE for a better drive and lower depre than current car.

price is now 111,999.

still thinking.....

Hi Shanhz,

I think I purchase my A 1.0L around the same time as this post.

Got mine at 110,000 with trade in with my current suzuki SX4.

really hope I won't be disappointed with this drive. Been reading a lot of mixed reviews (:

Hi Shanhz,

I think I purchase my A 1.0L around the same time as this post.

Got mine at 110,000 with trade in with my current suzuki SX4.

really hope I won't be disappointed with this drive. Been reading a lot of mixed reviews (:

Already get then dun look back liao.

Juz enjoy ur new Audi!

And find things to Mod!

Congrats.

↡ Advertisement