Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

Just curious does a3 suffer the dry clutch issue in the long run or is it running a wet clutch? Rmb reading somewhere that the lower end Audi is using dry clutch.

On dry clutch 7sp DSG but Audi improved its reliability somehow. My Facelift A3 (since Jan 2017) has ran 67K km with no clutch or MU issues.

↡ Advertisement

This price comes with just the car :(

No 3 yrs servicing, no rev cam, no f/b car cam, no solar film, the last round i enquired they even have aftermarket Garmin GPS integrated to the MMI + what smartphone mirroring, now also don't have ..

The $10k diff, minus all these "freebies" (if you need them all), that will be the actual "savings" ...

So your deal may not be as bad as you initially thought. Just enjoy your new ride ...

Well I will just try to live with it, I bought at higher prices with 3 year servicing, reverse camera and solar film. No front and back camera, no gps, no phone mirroring.
  • Praise 1

some of the a4/a5 guys mod into aftermarket rs4/rs5 kit, cost about 3k

Original S line and S kit will cost more but still cheaper than from Audi

Confirms. :P 

PA will charge arms and legs for mods. And possibly longer indent times.

• Praise 1

Well I will just try to live with it, I bought at higher prices with 3 year servicing, reverse camera and solar film. No front and back camera, no gps, no phone mirroring.

Did you add any aftermarket ones?

• Praise 1

No, didn’t spend any extra money on the car.

I see! Initially I wanted to add the smartphone interface, now i think think it is not necessary anymore. Just use my phone lah.

By the way does anyone know what is the difference between a comfort key and an advanced key shown on Audi website?

Clicking on the (i) for both give the same description.

Hi All, my fuel consumption is between 12km to 13.1km per litre,  Drive select: Auto.  Using 95 RON fuel. Auto/Start off.

What's yours?  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Hi All, my fuel consumption is between 12km to 13.1km per litre, Drive select: Auto. Using 95 RON fuel. Auto/Start off.

What's yours? [laugh]

I get ard 14-15km per litre on Comfort. Using V Power. Seems like pump 95 more worth it..
  • Praise 1

Quick question: 

Has anyone converted their A3's single/dual tailpipes to the quad ones of S3 or RS3? Is that legal? Does that affect performance or warranty?

Quick question:

Has anyone converted their A3's single/dual tailpipes to the quad ones of S3 or RS3? Is that legal? Does that affect performance or warranty?

No issue if u get aftermarket exo with cert. Workshop should also be able to cut the exo holes in yr rear diffuser. Else get after market one with correct holes.
  • Praise 1

Ubi or Alexandra / Leng Kee when you service your car?

Normal servicing both the same.

If you have items which you think may need repair, Ubi does it. Alexandra might tell you to book another day at Ubi if it is complicated fix.

• Praise 1

Nice. Ubi is nearer to me.

BTW, there are no USB ports in my sedan. So annoying. Should i get one retrofitted?

Buy a twin USB cigarette lighter plug, some even have fast charging.

Nice. Ubi is nearer to me.

BTW, there are no USB ports in my sedan. So annoying. Should i get one retrofitted? 

Ya, it's indeed quite annoying indeed that there's no USB. I use a 12v adaptor to charge my USB. There are those that are quite sleek and flushes with the car. They also come with fast charging.

The downside is the there is no USB connection to the MMI for music also. Have to use only Bluetooth for music. If there's a cable connection, the sound quality would be better I guess.

• Praise 1

I test drive the KIA Certao SX yesterday and was already firm in making my order, but decided to drop by Audi Showroom for a cup of hot chocolate. The customer service was more polite, always patience in explaining the details. They really treat you as a customer. Ended up test driving the A3 and was surprised with the handling and built over the KR counterpart. Now I am having a dilemma. Monday was a day where I should be clearing my backlog at works but all I am doing is looking at the specifications. 

• Praise 1

I test drive the KIA Certao SX yesterday and was already firm in making my order, but decided to drop by Audi Showroom for a cup of hot chocolate. The customer service was more polite, always patience in explaining the details. They really treat you as a customer. Ended up test driving the A3 and was surprised with the handling and built over the KR counterpart. Now I am having a dilemma. Monday was a day where I should be clearing my backlog at works but all I am doing is looking at the specifications.

Wots the price of A3 now & what promo.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1