Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

I test drive the KIA Certao SX yesterday and was already firm in making my order, but decided to drop by Audi Showroom for a cup of hot chocolate. The customer service was more polite, always patience in explaining the details. They really treat you as a customer. Ended up test driving the A3 and was surprised with the handling and built over the KR counterpart. Now I am having a dilemma. Monday was a day where I should be clearing my backlog at works but all I am doing is looking at the specifications. 

I feel you bro, spending the damn whole day on Sgcarmart and MCF on reviews/reliability issue and others , guess you can't compare Cerato and A3 1.0, the drive is definitely different, somemore the gap about 20k.

If you having dilemma means you can still afford an A3 just that its not that financially comfortable as compared to owing a Cerato.

YOLO!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I test drive the KIA Certao SX yesterday and was already firm in making my order, but decided to drop by Audi Showroom for a cup of hot chocolate. The customer service was more polite, always patience in explaining the details. They really treat you as a customer. Ended up test driving the A3 and was surprised with the handling and built over the KR counterpart. Now I am having a dilemma. Monday was a day where I should be clearing my backlog at works but all I am doing is looking at the specifications.

Wow big difference in car choice... Kia for typically family car at reasonable price, A3 is the successful executive in middle management. I haven't gathered enough courage to walk inside Audi.

Wow big difference in car choice... Kia for typically family car at reasonable price, A3 is the successful executive in middle management. I haven't gathered enough courage to walk inside Audi.

Huh? A3 is successful executive in middle management ?
  • Praise 1

Yes, it's a different "feel" when you handle both cars. Like you, I have been driving a bread and butter car for a long time. I didn't feel I needed an upgrade until I sat in one. If you like something and as long as it doesn't causes you to rob and borrow, why not get one? I don't think A3 is any way near the level of "successful executive". To me, it's just an natural upgrade of car.

• Praise 1

1.4 variant? Should have enough power, no need to manually change gears to upslope i supposed?

Autoboxes can detect speed but not slopes when it change gears, so for some smaller engines they may need to change gears manually.

Hi Gapyear, is your 1.0 facing difficulty going upslope?

Yes, it's a different "feel" when you handle both cars. Like you, I have been driving a bread and butter car for a long time. I didn't feel I needed an upgrade until I sat in one. If you like something and as long as it doesn't causes you to rob and borrow, why not get one? I don't think A3 is any way near the level of "successful executive". To me, it's just an natural upgrade of car.

Can't say like that... The change to conti is a big deal. Of course A3 pricing is also very good for entering conti car ownership. Other brands are easily 30k more.

I dun its abt courage. Any fool who can take a loan can walk in. I guess u like me. Unless ur certain u wan to get it, u dive in.

Ya, it's indeed quite annoying indeed that there's no USB. I use a 12v adaptor to charge my USB. There are those that are quite sleek and flushes with the car. They also come with fast charging.

The downside is the there is no USB connection to the MMI for music also. Have to use only Bluetooth for music. If there's a cable connection, the sound quality would be better I guess.

Can use sd card or aux port if u have good source player. I prefer blutooth tho even when playing flac music files
  • Praise 1

Hi Gapyear, is your 1.0 facing difficulty going upslope?

Yupz, as long u buy dual clutch gearbox no matter what brand, going up slope is like driving manual car.

Tats y u see ppl stay in mountains buy CVT cars. Subaru fit them well, CVT plus 4 wheel drive.

For city area i dun see much fuss, carpark even the orchard central or novena square slopes should be fine, will roll back or jerk forward tho if dunno how to gauge the power. Some skillful manual drivers can go slow speed at slopes without jerking, same rules apply.

1.0 powered mildly n linear so should be easy to manipulate.

At the end of the day, buy a car that suit you not others. Try not to change cars many times over 10 years, from my experience tat will cost more than any car repair/maintainence.

Haha, I'm not sure if it's for the middle management as I've seen junior executives (between 2 to 5 years working exp) driving A3. I'm still driving my 9 years 3 months old KIA I bought brand new.

It's ok to walk into Audi, the staffs are really friendly. 

Yupz, as long u buy dual clutch gearbox no matter what brand, going up slope is like driving manual car.

Tats y u see ppl stay in mountains buy CVT cars. Subaru fit them well, CVT plus 4 wheel drive.

For city area i dun see much fuss, carpark even the orchard central or novena square slopes should be fine, will roll back or jerk forward tho if dunno how to gauge the power. Some skillful manual drivers can go slow speed at slopes without jerking, same rules apply.

1.0 powered mildly n linear so should be easy to manipulate.

At the end of the day, buy a car that suit you not others. Try not to change cars many times over 10 years, from my experience tat will cost more than any car repair/maintainence.

Thanks for your input. :)

I dun its abt courage. Any fool who can take a loan can walk in. I guess u like me. Unless ur certain u wan to get it, u dive in.

Yea don't like walking in unless intend to buy... but once walk in means sign cheque haha!

I test drive the KIA Certao SX yesterday and was already firm in making my order, but decided to drop by Audi Showroom for a cup of hot chocolate. The customer service was more polite, always patience in explaining the details. They really treat you as a customer. Ended up test driving the A3 and was surprised with the handling and built over the KR counterpart. Now I am having a dilemma. Monday was a day where I should be clearing my backlog at works but all I am doing is looking at the specifications.

If financially ok for u and a3 has enough space for your family, go for it. Driving a turbo car is really more shiok than NA. YOLO!

A3 sedan will make more sense.

• Praise 1

Those of you who booked your A3 during the online flash sale, when are you collecting your car?

Collected last friday. :D

I test drive the KIA Certao SX yesterday and was already firm in making my order, but decided to drop by Audi Showroom for a cup of hot chocolate. The customer service was more polite, always patience in explaining the details. They really treat you as a customer. Ended up test driving the A3 and was surprised with the handling and built over the KR counterpart. Now I am having a dilemma. Monday was a day where I should be clearing my backlog at works but all I am doing is looking at the specifications. 

Can't go wrong with a Kia but an Audi, you can never be more right.  [laugh]  [:p]

• Praise 1