Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

prospective owner here. hi all.

test drove the a3/a4 and was thinking abt mods to do on the car ever since but din want to buy and then have my hands forced to keep it 100% stock. i see some owners here, fb, vagsg doing v tasteful mods so i inquired with my salesguy on the warranty t&c and i think he keep misunderstanding my qn so i thought to find out more here so i can ask him better qn.

in dec 17 the ccs lifted warranty restrictions on cars to allow drivers to repair cars at other workshops without losing warranty with AD. i understand if you go and repair suspension at ah seng garage you cannot claim suspension warranty at AD in future, fair. but my sales guy tell me if i go to ah seng garage to change suspension to aftermarket, warranty void, if change to original rs body kit also void, if i install original sline steering wheel, rs rear spoiler, original carbon fiber trims, install my own vc, everything also void unless fitted at AD with their parts. i told him im not expecting to claim warranty from AD on parts i changed outside, i only need to know if the warranty on others gearbox, engine etc remain intact. he said void. i think he din understand the qn?

i see on fb so many new a3 a4 a5 mod with bodykit, rs/s steering, rims, spoiler. audi owners not so fierce to void their warranty right? i suspect my salesguy nt v familiar with the warranty t&c so i hope to clarify before i decide to sign. thanks for reading

↡ Advertisement

test drove the a3/a4 and was thinking abt mods to do on the car ever since but din want to buy and then have my hands forced to keep it 100% stock. i see some owners here, fb, vagsg doing v tasteful mods so i inquired with my salesguy on the warranty t&c and i think he keep misunderstanding my qn so i thought to find out more here so i can ask him better qn.

in dec 17 the ccs lifted warranty restrictions on cars to allow drivers to repair cars at other workshops without losing warranty with AD. i understand if you go and repair suspension at ah seng garage you cannot claim suspension warranty at AD in future, fair. but my sales guy tell me if i go to ah seng garage to change suspension to aftermarket, warranty void, if change to original rs body kit also void, if i install original sline steering wheel, rs rear spoiler, original carbon fiber trims, install my own vc, everything also void unless fitted at AD with their parts. i told him im not expecting to claim warranty from AD on parts i changed outside, i only need to know if the warranty on others gearbox, engine etc remain intact. he said void. i think he din understand the qn?

i see on fb so many new a3 a4 a5 mod with bodykit, rs/s steering, rims, spoiler. audi owners not so fierce to void their warranty right? i suspect my salesguy nt v familiar with the warranty t&c so i hope to clarify before i decide to sign. thanks for reading

He play safe by giving u one size fits all answer. Its not that he doesn't know, he is just protecting himself & company from future dispute. So up to u, I changed my suspension, wheels & brakes on my previous A4 but my warranty for other parts in tact. U need bear in mind anytime they can throw void card at u if they wish. So if u mod, thats the risk u take.

Neutral Newbie

Salesguy need to scare everyone. Else bo zheng hu liao, who will service at AD? Eg I don't see how bodykit can affect engine and gearbox.

Mod don't scared, scared don't mod. That's life.

Hi Machunk28, can provide feedback of your RRT forged rim on your A3. Now they have the cheaper version of forged rims which I think is VFM. Is the quality of the rims up to mark? TIA.

I would rate it as excellent. Do note that with bigger inch size, it does gets noisier so do go for a quieter tyre like CPC6 or PZ4.

Locally in my A3 group, there's a group buy to mod in the wired or wireless module to enable similar carplay or android auto function...

Anybody got zhng those pedalbox or tuningbox or racechip? Did you remove when you go for servicing?

• Praise 1

I would rate it as excellent. Do note that with bigger inch size, it does gets noisier so do go for a quieter tyre like CPC6 or PZ4.

Locally in my A3 group, there's a group buy to mod in the wired or wireless module to enable similar carplay or android auto function...

Thank bro for the feedback
  • Praise 1

Anyone got any suggestion to fix squeaky wipers? My ride is around 5 months old and mostly parked indoors.

Learned from the Mercedes forum - someone applied a bit of Armourall tire shine cream to the blades, and the squeaky sound problem solved.

I personally tried, it WORKS  [:)] but do note not to apply too much, else every swipe will leave stains on ur windscreen.

Cheers.

• Praise 1

Hi any A3 telegram/WhatsApp chat and FB group to join?

AudiSingapore.Club - Telegram

Send a text to @davidloke IN TELEGRAM, not WhatsApp.

OR just tap on this link to request to join...

https://t.me/davidloke

Edited by Toysoldier29
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1