Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

Neutral Newbie

Hi, anyone looking for a 2012/13 A3 sportsback 1.8TFSI. Thought of upgrading if there is a buyer

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Hi Richard,

I have the 1.4T for about 3.5 years now. Coming to 80K km now. No GB issue ( clutch or MU ). No other issues except battery needed to be change about every 20 months. During my 60K km major service, apparently the GB doesnt need any servicing (i.e. no oil change). PA said the newer batch of GB oil is sealed for life.

Recently bought the 4 years servicing package at $2.1K (after my 3 year free servicing was over). It includes one major service+3 normal service and 4 intermediate oil change and 1 free battery change.

A3 is a good car for me. Didnt regret getting it despite all the negativity here (and elsewhere) about the dry DSG gearbox. It is a very good drive as well (snappy and nimble). Interior is top-notch. I like the FC as well. I can get average 17km/l (using pump calculation). Compared to 12 km/l on the last gen Altis at the same driving pattern.

My SE has confirmed that both the A3 1L and 1.4L are using the DQ200 dry clutch. Although as expected, he said although using the same technology, AUDI has built in more robustness and reliability into the components. My current ride is the VW Jetta (MY14). No issues with the gearbox so far.

Rest assured that the new A3 1.0's 7spd dry clutch has been improved. I am one of the pioneer owners for this batch since Jan 2017, currently just over 2 years of ownership and ran 63K km with no gearbox issues.

Done 60K Major Servicing with no major issues. Audi has made good wif the new A3 1.0s, DSG performing well, so far so good.

Collected last friday. :D

Can't go wrong with a Kia but an Audi, you can never be more right. [laugh][:p]

Doing my research now, I believe this is the 6th year for this A3, planning on getting one (brand new), main fear is the reliability of the gearbox.

Overseas users feedback that most of the issues has now been iron out ?

Also btw is A3 1.0 fitted with the same gearbox as the Octavia 1.0 / 1.4 ?

Whats the real life FC for this car eg. 50/50 City + Highway ?

If consistently can achieve 17km/l for A3 1.0, I'll be more than happy.

Pls advise, thanks.

Edited by Darkblue

Hi just wanna check what’s a good price for a new A3 now?

It's hard to say what is a good price.

But given the COE drop for the past 2 bidding, I feel $110k-115k should be a reasonable price.

Doing my research now, I believe this is the 6th year for this A3, planning on getting one (brand new), main fear is the reliability of the gearbox.

Pls advise, thanks.

Have driven for 3 months now.  Dual clutch transmission will feel different than standard gearbox, but it's more of getting used to.  However, I am not comfortable with the dynamic setting, in which the "jerkiness" is very obvious. No issue with comfort mode, hopefully it stays this way.

My real life FC is between 14.5 to 16.5 km/l.  It's a mixed of city (around 25-30% based on distance) & highway.  My average speed indicated on the indicator is 32-34 km/hr.

• Praise 1

Pls advise, thanks.

A3 1.0 is using the same DQ200 gearbox that has been lamented since its introduction on the low output VW group models.

All the low cost models, such as the jetta, golf, seat, and skoda models under the VW group are on it.

It is really a hit and miss gearbox, otherwise it is a bang for buck DSG gearbox for these low output models.

No worries about the clutch or gear oil changes, you can run this 200000km, and I gurantee you the gear oil will remain golden and clear.

As for the MU, that is the hit and miss.

If you lucky, you win 4D consolation, if you luckier, your MU pichar on you.

I never had the MU pichar on me for my 170000km done on a 2013 jetta, but it did warn it was going to pichar, which I changed out to prevent myself stuck somewhere waiting on a tow truck.

• Praise 1

I just got my A3 today and the sales executive says the engine no longer has Audi logo. Is this normal? She mention it’s normal. So when you open the bonnet it’s just a black engine with no 4 circles

(edited)

I just got my A3 today and the sales executive says the engine no longer has Audi logo. Is this normal? She mention itâs normal. So when you open the bonnet itâs just a black engine with no 4 circles

It is either you get an engine with no brand logo or you get an engine with a VW logo. Which one looks dumber for a car coming out of Audi showroom? Edited by adrian140180
  • Praise 1

It is either you get an engine with no brand logo or you get an engine with a VW logo. Which one looks dumber for a car coming out of Audi showroom?

Oh I see. Thanks for enlightening... didn’t do much research..
  • Praise 1

Oh I see. Thanks for enlightening... didnât do much research..

If you could post a pic here next visit will be great. Never seen a logoless engine cover from vag group vehicles before.
  • Praise 1

I just got my A3 today and the sales executive says the engine no longer has Audi logo. Is this normal? She mention it’s normal. So when you open the bonnet it’s just a black engine with no 4 circles

Think they trying to cut cost? My one don't have the TFSI emblem at the back and no battery cover lid when i collected in Mar'19, which seems like cost cutting initiatives rather than anything else. 

• Praise 1

Hi guys, anyone did stage 1 tuning on 1.0 model? Any feedback in terms of performance, side effects and warranty? Would appreciate it if you can share the workshop and cost involved as well, thanks!

• Praise 1

Hi guys, anyone did stage 1 tuning on 1.0 model? Any feedback in terms of performance, side effects and warranty? Would appreciate it if you can share the workshop and cost involved as well, thanks!

There are a few A3s did stage 1 at ETuners, feedback is that the performance is only on par with Racechip plugin, not better. Best is to go stage 2 (1 A3 1.0 already did this). Warranty will definitely be voided for both engine and gearbox.

• Praise 1

There are a few A3s did stage 1 at ETuners, feedback is that the performance is only on par with Racechip plugin, not better. Best is to go stage 2 (1 A3 1.0 already did this). Warranty will definitely be voided for both engine and gearbox.

Where to buy the race chip
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1