Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

Guys, anyone had installed 'hill hold assist' in your A3? Worth the extra bucks to have this function?

Uh..even my previous car bought in 2017 for 80k had this function.

Didnt know a 100k audi doesnt have it..

• Praise 1

The main reason why people chose this car over others is not because of the features. It's about the oooo.
  • Praise 1

It was subsequently removed to save errr "manufacturing" costs.

It can be retrofitted at elebest.

The main reason why people chose this car over others is not because of the features. It's about the oooo.

As much as that statement might hurt some feelings.

It is true is some cases.

I have 3 colleagues driving the A3, hatch, and sedan versions, their reason for their choice was, its an audi.

• Praise 1

How is a3 at b&b price?

Well the price is pretty close to the Mazda3 now.

And features is not what people pay for always. Sometimes it’s the quality of materials. Sometimes it’s the engine and gearbox. Doesn’t always mean u pay this u should get features which a lower priced car has.

• Praise 2

And features is not what people pay for always. Sometimes itâs the quality of materials. Sometimes itâs the engine and gearbox. Doesnât always mean u pay this u should get features which a lower priced car has.

But mazda 3 seems to be moving out of the b&b segment now, trying to go upscale luxury.

In a drag race with a Mazda 3, the latter will be left in the dust .. even if it’s the 1.0 version

The interior is simple and exude the typical VW solid quality

Add the badge and the nice engine, especially the 1.4t and you have a nice combo

If the gearbox is fixed and you actually want less features, it’s a nice car.

Get a VW if you want the same car with more features..

• Praise 1

(edited)

And features is not what people pay for always. Sometimes itâs the quality of materials. Sometimes itâs the engine and gearbox. Doesnât always mean u pay this u should get features which a lower priced car has.

Agree. Same ole story. People compare cars n think the ones payin premium for lux are stupid. In reality, I really dont give flying fark wot others drive, those who compare in this manner juz want to justify choosing a non lux car. They think they very clever pay same price get more features. I mean "Hey. Wotever rocks ur boat dude". In any way i look at it, IMHO Audi looks much better than 90% of non conti, and thats the fact. Everytime i walk up and see my gorgeous car I song, u think those who walk up to tin can cars song anot? LOL. Edited by mel1888
  • Praise 1

Agree. Same ole story. People compare cars n think the ones payin premium for lux are stupid. In reality, I really dont give flying fark wot others drive, those who compare in this manner juz want to justify choosing a non lux car. They think they very clever pay same price get more features. I mean "Hey. Wotever rocks ur boat dude". In any way i look at it, IMHO Audi looks much better than 90% of non conti, and thats the fact. Everytime i walk up and see my gorgeous car I song, u think those who walk up to tin can cars song anot? LOL.

If i gonna pay 100k for the 4 circles with lesser features, I gonna make sure everyday I song song gao jurong everyday when I walk up to my car.
  • Praise 1

If i gonna pay 100k for the 4 circles with lesser features, I gonna make sure everyday I song song gao jurong everyday when I walk up to my car.

Is that why some folks dress up the A3 like an S3?
  • Praise 2

In a drag race with a Mazda 3, the latter will be left in the dust .. even if itâs the 1.0 version

The interior is simple and exude the typical VW solid quality

Add the badge and the nice engine, especially the 1.4t and you have a nice combo

If the gearbox is fixed and you actually want less features, itâs a nice car.

Get a VW if you want the same car with more features..

I got an A3 1.4, it’s really good. It’s performance is better than any merc 180 models or bmw something18 or Subaru BRZ 2.0 NA auto or levorg 1.6t or most 2.5 normally aspirated engine on paper. When I was buying, the price is on par with civic 1.5 turbo. Audi A3 150bhp 250nm 0 to 100 8.2sec top speed 223km/h, civic 1.5 170bhp 220nm 0 to 100 8.7sec top speed 200km/h. A3 1.4 comes with cylinder on demand which has good fuel efficiency.

Only bad point is prestigous brand attract attention, my bonnet got scratched.

Is that why some folks dress up the A3 like an S3?

My house carpark lor. First few weeks it was A3, one day suddenly become S3.

What's the point? The only thing that is different from A3 is literally the S3 badge on the grill. Don't even have bigger rims or new bodykit.