Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

Because paid 110k but don't even have a USB port. So slap a S3 badge there lor.

I U got bad experience with A3 drivers? Seems to have personal disgust.

It is an entry level audi apart from A1. It a nice car but it is not a fast car.

Whenever ppl compare speed to price i got no idea if any 110k car can get both? To fully silenced a b&b car may take around 5k, cockpit cant change much. Actually it is a fair price for what its worth.

If anybody think A3 owners are rich, they are deluded or got low expectations. But don’t bash the car, its quite nice inside out. Racers stay away from this car.

↡ Advertisement

There are people who will insult and diss your choice... just like those who call Toyota owners names etc

At the end of the end the sales figures will speak for themselves and even cars like the Alfa Romero have their fans and they put with a lot more derision

The buyer decides if they want this, or any other make. Everyone buys with their eyes open..

There are people who will insult and diss your choice... just like those who call Toyota owners names etc

At the end of the end the sales figures will speak for themselves and even cars like the Alfa Romero have their fans and they put with a lot more derision

The buyer decides if they want this, or any other make. Everyone buys with their eyes open..

Yeah, i am a toyota n volkswagen fan. In singapore volkswagen n audi price not much of a difference cos of the high COE.

Alfa romeo is a very nicely designed car. Heads will turn. The logo machiam medical council, doctors may love it. When young before having license, i like to look at alfa n meseratti on the road saying 1 day will buy. End up never even consider.

Well the price is pretty close to the Mazda3 now.

And features is not what people pay for always. Sometimes itâs the quality of materials. Sometimes itâs the engine and gearbox. Doesnât always mean u pay this u should get features which a lower priced car has.

A3 is 130k right? Tats nowhere near

The difference between Alfa fans n the other conti is

Alfa- your car sucks. Correct. But i still love it.

Others- your car sucks. No. Go into defensive mode.

• Praise 2

The A3 is $107k. It is a very good price for a conti.

Wonder why people compare it with Jap makes with more features.

The ride is completely different even though it is an entry-level Audi. With this price, it beats the A-class and B. These 2 are really bare.

Caveat: I am not an Audi owner.

Is that why some folks dress up the A3 like an S3?

people who dress up the cars are nothing new lah. every brand also have such people [laugh]

chr put trd badges and stickers

civic put type r badge

golf remove tsi badge put gti oem rims and gti/r rear lights

bmw put m series badging + body kit

merc put amg badging + body kit

and your audi owners who dress up like s/rs

others like to say, their money their choices but sometimes we see we also cringe.

i think improving the looks is ok but to put sports model badging is unique and up to the individual lol

• Praise 1

Who insults alfa, if you or your kakis did. Do stop.

A3 owners usually jin poor, thats the only conti we could afford so easily triggered. So dont compare with your 5 series or E class. Even renewed COE conti still better than new small capacity A3. We feel inferior. Not 130k, we can only part with 110k or lower priced cars.

Thank you for your understanding and comment on the car which u owned section.

Come other cars threads n drop so many negative comments on the cars u dun like. And say people being defensive? Go learn some manners. Keyboard warriors jiak sai.

(edited)

Its really strange why they obviously dont own an Audi & come in to diss this car. Mind must be farking warped. This thread is for people who own or have constructive feedback. I dun go into other car make threads to diss their car. Lets go back to focus on this car instead & ignore worthless comments.

Edited by mel1888
  • Praise 1

Understood thanks

Sorry for the late response bro - I think that would cost $327 as an add-on if you hadn't gotten it already.

That said, the electronic handbrake does the same thing, if it's a one-off stop on a slope, you can dis-engage the handbrake just by stepping on the accelerator. For me, it was something I need because my dad does drive my car sometimes and for elders, switching between gas and brake on a slope quickly may be harder for them. And yes, the car is an auto-manual, so it will roll back.

Personally, the auto-release lag is smaller than the park release lag, but do be careful if you also have the auto-start stop engaged - it will make it slightly longer.

The ride is completely different even though it is an entry-level Audi. With this price, it beats the A-class and B. These 2 are really bare.

Before I chose the A3, I shortlisted between the i30 Fastback, Civic 1.5T. Didn't consider the new A-Class and 118i because I could get an A4 with those 2  with $$ to spare yo. :) 

What I like abt the A3 - are quite pointless to people: 1. the interior covering is grey and not white. 2. the cabin well insulated from road noise 3. the rear view mirror is almost bezel-less. 

People choose cars for a multitude of reasons - there is no way to justify one's preference using others' personal preference. 

• Praise 1

people who dress up the cars are nothing new lah. every brand also have such people [laugh]

chr put trd badges and stickers

civic put type r badge

golf remove tsi badge put gti oem rims and gti/r rear lights

bmw put m series badging + body kit

merc put amg badging + body kit

and your audi owners who dress up like s/rs

others like to say, their money their choices but sometimes we see we also cringe.

i think improving the looks is ok but to put sports model badging is unique and up to the individual lol

the real head scratchers are those like Mitsubishi who put TRD stickers, Civics put Nismo stickers and KIA put Type R badge. 

For me, I change my kit - but didn't go full S3. Didn't see the need to.

the real head scratchers are those like Mitsubishi who put TRD stickers, Civics put Nismo stickers and KIA put Type R badge.

For me, I change my kit - but didn't go full S3. Didn't see the need to.

Personally i dun care what ppl do with their cars. Thats the beauty of ownership even for short 10 years. Mine is stock, audi exterior kits so expensive.

Still aiming for S3, want to own quattro for once in a lifetime. Had passat allroad in UK, best car ever. Quattro should be able to match with allroad. Singapore VW never sell allroad versions.

• Praise 1

Who insults alfa, if you or your kakis did. Do stop.

A3 owners usually jin poor, thats the only conti we could afford so easily triggered. So dont compare with your 5 series or E class. Even renewed COE conti still better than new small capacity A3. We feel inferior. Not 130k, we can only part with 110k or lower priced cars.

Thank you for your understanding and comment on the car which u owned section.

Come other cars threads n drop so many negative comments on the cars u dun like. And say people being defensive? Go learn some manners. Keyboard warriors jiak sai.

lots of ppl insult alfa. it's everywhere. i owned one for 10 years so i know. but tats fine cos what's being said is true anyway. just that the alfisti isn't bothered.

i've no major negative comments on the a3 or other conti. no car is perfect. but from observation, i do notice other conti brand owners do get defensive about their purchases, which is also fine actually. 

perhaps u need to learn more manners than i considering your language used.  

• Praise 1

Hey bro

You may want to fact check..

The A3 is the barebones one compared to the A or B class. They do cost more and the $107k A3 that’s the 1.0T right? The better version to get is the 1.4tsi ... good FC and power balance. Get the hatchback instead.. the sedan is made in Hungary ..

lots of ppl insult alfa. it's everywhere. i owned one for 10 years so i know. but tats fine cos what's being said is true anyway. just that the alfisti isn't bothered.

i've no major negative comments on the a3 or other conti. no car is perfect. but from observation, i do notice other conti brand owners do get defensive about their purchases, which is also fine actually.

perhaps u need to learn more manners than i considering your language used.

Nah, u just passive aggressive kind. Still the intent the same. Just the mannerisms abit different however still a bully.

So no thank you. U shall have your opinion, i’ll have mine.

(edited)

Hey bro

You may want to fact check..

The A3 is the barebones one compared to the A or B class. They do cost more and the $107k A3 that’s the 1.0T right? The better version to get is the 1.4tsi ... good FC and power balance. Get the hatchback instead.. the sedan is made in Hungary ..

The A3 has got keyless entry and rear air-con vents whereas the merc doesnt.

The merc has park-assist though.. but the price difference is $40k hence the reason i say the A3 is real value for money.

Edited by Old-driver

The A3 has got keyless entry and rear air-con vents whereas the merc doesnt.

The merc has park-assist though.. but the price difference is $40k hence the reason i say the A3 is real value for money.

They cost about 20k or so more than the comparable 1.4t

Features ? Depends on what’s important

Active safe features?

New active viewing screen

USB ports - communicate and not just charge

CarPlay etc

Just make sure the comparison involves feature that matter

Or get a Golf, same price range with more features.. essentially the same car

• Praise 1

Nah, u just passive aggressive kind. Still the intent the same. Just the mannerisms abit different however still a bully.

So no thank you. U shall have your opinion, iâll have mine.

I've simply stated other conti owners tend to defend their brand. That makes me a bully? Er ok.

I'm not offering u anything so what's there not to thank me?

Sure we have our opinions. And tat makes u a bully imo

↡ Advertisement