Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

On 8/29/2019 at 8:11 PM, Zack2222 said:

Sorry... what it Vag it?

Meaning use aftermarket ross tech cable. Outside workshop can do.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
On 8/23/2019 at 4:58 PM, Zack2222 said:

Does anyone know how to turn off day running lights? If so, how to do it?

This was one of the first things I disabled cos it really annoyed me not being able to turn it off when waiting in the car 😁

Other useful tweaks I did:

disable auto-start/stop by default

disable seat-belt warning

disable alarm when door is open and ignition on

enable service wiper menu in MMI

display engine oil temp

needle sweep

On 9/4/2019 at 12:35 PM, gameboy said:

This was one of the first things I disabled cos it really annoyed me not being able to turn it off when waiting in the car 😁

Other useful tweaks I did:

disable auto-start/stop by default

disable seat-belt warning

disable alarm when door is open and ignition on

enable service wiper menu in MMI

display engine oil temp

needle sweep

What was the damage?

On 9/7/2019 at 11:39 AM, Zack2222 said:

What was the damage?

I think ws charge $20 - $50? Its super easy money for em juz change few codes & its done. If u have regular ws, try ask them do FOC during next visit.

Neutral Newbie

Hi, I am looking to get a 2 to 3 year old A3. A few things to ask.

1) Is there anything to look out for? Any specific year or batch that's more reliable?

2) For the sportback vs sedan, I read some reviews that the rear passenger space is slightly better for the sportback vs sedan, is that right?

Thanks

1 hour ago, kcjj said:

Hi, I am looking to get a 2 to 3 year old A3. A few things to ask.

1) Is there anything to look out for? Any specific year or batch that's more reliable?

2) For the sportback vs sedan, I read some reviews that the rear passenger space is slightly better for the sportback vs sedan, is that right?

Thanks

Initially was thinking of getting a used A3 too, but had cold feet after read the user reviews in VAGSG forum..
http://www.vagsg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29708&page=238

The fear was compounded by my bad experience from owning a 1.4T Scirocco couple years ago..
So wasted. Drive and interior quality of VW/Audi is excellent, but the reliability of the engine & GB is a letdown...

Im planning to get a Audi A3 sedan. Just wondering if servicing and warranty is transferable as i heard few of my friends saying it's non-transferable. Once ownership transferred, servicing and warranty will void. Anyone can advice on this issue? 

On 9/22/2019 at 1:37 PM, Pinkyfinger said:

Im planning to get a Audi A3 sedan. Just wondering if servicing and warranty is transferable as i heard few of my friends saying it's non-transferable. Once ownership transferred, servicing and warranty will void. Anyone can advice on this issue? 

Seems like a age-old question. Ask different SE will have different answer, probably best to get them to show you the warranty and servicing terms in black and white. 

I'll be interested to know what you find out!

Seems like Audi systems is more intelligent with option to disable and enable that what individual want.... next time I will buy audi... willing to pay more intelligent system! Haha

On 10/2/2019 at 7:11 AM, Contented said:

Seems like Audi systems is more intelligent with option to disable and enable that what individual want.... next time I will buy audi... willing to pay more intelligent system! Haha

The options list is typically longer for Conti cars. 

That can be good or bad depending on how vigilant you are at reading the fine print. If you assume some feature is included and it’s not then you will run the risk of being disappointed. 

On 10/5/2019 at 3:46 AM, therock said:

The options list is typically longer for Conti cars. 

That can be good or bad depending on how vigilant you are at reading the fine print. If you assume some feature is included and it’s not then you will run the risk of being disappointed. 

Also need to try out the feature behaving as you expected.. some feature could be dum..haha

Twincharged
On 9/22/2019 at 1:37 PM, Pinkyfinger said:

Generally, Warranty follows the car

Servicing follows the owner, same for servicing credits

Which means, warranty remains

• Praise 3

On 10/6/2019 at 3:39 PM, car50 said:

Generally, Warranty follows the car

Servicing follows the owner, same for servicing credits

Which means, warranty remains

Apparently, it doesnt work like that. Both warranty and servicing follows the car at PA. For servicing, there is a charge of $200+ for change of ownership.

I came from an A6 to an A3. I still have servicing "credits" with PA. Signed up the 4 year maintenance package. However, they do not allow me to transfer the servicing from A6 to A3 even thou I willing to forgo the differences. I would need to buy a new maintenance package for the A3.[:|]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2