Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

5 hours ago, gameboy said:

Did fmj glass coating for 300+. Was skeptical about glass coating at first but got convinced after seeing the practical reasons for doing so:

1. Car looks shinier with coating (aesthetic factor)

2. No need to do quarterly waxing (for me the cost is comparable since I used to pay $80 per waxing session x 04 times a year)

3. Easier to wash car, less rain water marks due to water repellent property

This is based on my own experience and ymmv. Most importantly, find a workshop you trust. There are so many such glass coating services out there, costing as much as 1k+, promising the toughest protection, lifetime recoat and so on. For me, I don’t think glass coating can protect much from scratches, except light ones like shrub scratches on the side of highway. In terms of recoat, i think it’s reasonable to do a new coat 12-18 months. Cost wise, it’s still comparable with quarterly waxing and detailing. Hope it helps.

Thanks, but was actually asking about paint protection film, not coating. :)

1 hour ago, ferrytales said:

Why would you want to buy a 2014 with sky high Coe? 

If a 2014 A3 sedan has same depre as a 2017 version, which dictates the selling price, buying the 2014 will be more value becos your coe value is very high.

Used car prices don’t really follow the coe you bought.

That said, the 2014 version still has the gearbox problems so probably not a good choice

2 hours ago, Midorima said:

If a 2014 A3 sedan has same depre as a 2017 version, which dictates the selling price, buying the 2014 will be more value becos your coe value is very high.

That said, the 2014 version still has the gearbox problems so probably not a good choice

If you are getting a loan, you are paying more for interest as well, even though the depreciation is the same. 

8 hours ago, Midorima said:

May i know how bad can the gearbox problem be? Can it be resolved by replacing it?

I got your point of the dep on the coe vs car sellable price.

1 hour ago, Cephas said:

May i know how bad can the gearbox problem be? Can it be resolved by replacing it?

Sorry I don’t have the actual experience. General feedback is that the newer generations of A3 do not seem to have as much problems.

• Praise 1

14 hours ago, Cephas said:

Anything can be replaced if you have the $$.

On 2/10/2020 at 9:18 PM, Midorima said:

Sorry I don’t have the actual experience. General feedback is that the newer generations of A3 do not seem to have as much problems.

Looking at 2016 model

4 hours ago, Machunk28 said:

Do get the 2017 model to save you the heart pain of replacing Mechatronic Unit.

Are 2016 and 2017 models using the same 7 spd s tronic?

56 minutes ago, Cephas said:

Are 2016 and 2017 models using the same 7 spd s tronic?

2017 Facelift version uses an improved DQ200 7spd dry clutch. I am on 99k mileage currently driving the FL version, since Jan 2017, without issues.

• Praise 2

10 hours ago, Machunk28 said:

2017 Facelift version uses an improved DQ200 7spd dry clutch. I am on 99k mileage currently driving the FL version, since Jan 2017, without issues.

Is the 2017 FL version using inline 3 meaning 3 cylinders?

↡ Advertisement