Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

Neutral Newbie

Is there any setting to off the headlight immediately after lock door? Need to wait 3-5 secs before the lights go off...

Is there any setting to off the headlight immediately after lock door? Need to wait 3-5 secs before the lights go off...

I believe this is called the coming/leaving home lights.  There should be an option in the MMI setting to turn this feature off.

I believe this is called the coming/leaving home lights. There should be an option in the MMI setting to turn this feature off.

Yes I have switched this off by changing the setting.

Having driven my car around for 3 weeks, I think the road noise is louder than the Golf...

Yes I have switched this off by changing the setting.

Having driven my car around for 3 weeks, I think the road noise is louder than the Golf...

Hi,

Did you come straight from the Golf to the A3 or had something in between? I came from a Golf 7 to a Mazda 6 to the A3 and I found that the mechanical isolation of the A3 to be somewhat comparable or better than the Golf. In tunnels I hear more of the cars around me.

But I do feel that the tyre roar of the A3 seems somewhat loud. My Golf was on XM2s then PS3s and I don't recall the tyre roar being an issue. The Bridgestones are supposed to be quiet comfort tyres so I'm somewhat puzzled.

I came from a Golf 6 to the A3, and I agree that overall noise and refinement is better. Its just the tyre noise that’s more prominent in the A3, which is a bit disappointing. The Turanza T005 on our cars are supposed to be good for wet performance. The Turanza T005A is for quiet comfort.

• Praise 1

I came from a Golf 6 to the A3, and I agree that overall noise and refinement is better. Its just the tyre noise that’s more prominent in the A3, which is a bit disappointing. The Turanza T005 on our cars are supposed to be good for wet performance. The Turanza T005A is for quiet comfort.

Thanks, I was not aware that the T005s came in two flavours. The T005s on our cars work fine and are generally quite ok. Just that certain types of surfaces seem to produce quite abit of noise. If could retrofit those new foam filled tyres would probably be quite good.  [:p]

Hey bros,

Looking at the A3 1.0L as replacement car for wife and test drove it last Sat.

Pick up of this 3 cylinder engine seems ok but a bit "hollow" ? Any comment to share if same feeling especially if just the road noise or indeed felt by any owners ?

I do like the seeming dynamic damping suspension that is outstanding compared to V40 (hard), honda civic (soft) and subaru impreza (ok).

Btw, how long since this 1.0l engine had been offered in Singapore by Audi ?

Many TIA.

Cheers.

Richard

Turbocharged

Set the lights to off, so it doesn't switch on when you unlock the car and it doesn't stay on when you lock your car..

Turbocharged

Guys i got a question to ask regarding pedals.

Are these pedals more inferior compared to those mounted on the floor?

E.g

Golf MK6

ad0zg6.jpg

Vs

Audi A3 series

Genuine-Audi-A1-A3-8V-Q2-TT-MK3.jpg

Hey bros,

Looking at the A3 1.0L as replacement car for wife and test drove it last Sat.

Pick up of this 3 cylinder engine seems ok but a bit "hollow" ? Any comment to share if same feeling especially if just the road noise or indeed felt by any owners ?

I do like the seeming dynamic damping suspension that is outstanding compared to V40 (hard), honda civic (soft) and subaru impreza (ok).

Btw, how long since this 1.0l engine had been offered in Singapore by Audi ?

Many TIA.

Cheers.

Richard

Road noise is usually coming up from the tyres. FL 1.0 was launched Dec 2016.

Guys i got a question to ask regarding pedals.

Are these pedals more inferior compared to those mounted on the floor?

E.g

Golf MK6

ad0zg6.jpg

Vs

Audi A3 series

Genuine-Audi-A1-A3-8V-Q2-TT-MK3.jpg

Dun feel it being inferior.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Road noise is usually coming up from the tyres. FL 1.0 was launched Dec 2016.

Dun feel it being inferior.

Hey Machunk38,

Thanks for the launch date of A3 1.0L !

On the road noise from the tyres, the hollow sound seems to be from the small unique light weight alloy engine and not road noise but I am not sure and hence seeking help to clarify.

No such feeling or change of tyres placed the A3 to the the usual engine noise without this "hollow" feel ??

Thanks again and cheers.

Richard

still cant get used to the stop-restart when the restart is so "rough" ... :(

Hi Tan,

I asked the SE as I loaf this stop-start thingy especially if it is already only at 1.0l engine with least green concern.

He politely replied that I should ask service center if I do buy it .. guess it is no go and no A3 1.0L owners had it reprogrammed by Audi Singapore :(

Cheers.

Richard

I believe this is called the coming/leaving home lights. There should be an option in the MMI setting to turn this feature off.

Hi CK,

This is cool .. added assurance that doors are locked from afar to usual folded mirrors.

I added diode dynamic relay module in my forester fxt for this and other functionalities.

Cheers.

Richard

I came from a Golf 6 to the A3, and I agree that overall noise and refinement is better. Its just the tyre noise thatâs more prominent in the A3, which is a bit disappointing. The Turanza T005 on our cars are supposed to be good for wet performance. The Turanza T005A is for quiet comfort.

Hi 1minuteman,

Sounds like transmitted tyres/road noise via chassis then and perfect candidate to try autofoam for the presumably light weight chassis of the A3 1.0l.

It worked like charm for my fxt despite after my multi-k soundproofing ..barely 5kg for whole car:

KL Auto @Kompleks Damai, Kuala Lumpur.

66, Jalan Dato Haji Eusoff, Komplek Damai, Off Jalan Ipoh,, 50400 Kualal Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

+60 3-4042 9928 https://g.co/kgs/ZyBcYi

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-54787500-1532323296_thumb.png

Edited by richard_crl032

Its still a nice car to drive and be in with or without the frills like VC and Nav. [:)] Just had my sedan delivered over the weekend (ready stock also) and its been lovely so far.

I just have my fingers crossed over the DSG gearbox (I had a Golf 7 some time back and had MU fail on me on the roads. [furious] )

Hi Rapier,

Dsg still a concern for A3 ?

Enquiried colleague with golf and he just sold his 2 yr old one for premium select BMW320 ... told me dun touch golf cos twice warranty claim so far .. ouch !

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Rapier,

Dsg still a concern for A3 ?

Enquiried colleague with golf and he just sold his 2 yr old one for premium select BMW320 ... told me dun touch golf cos twice warranty claim so far .. ouch !

Cheers.

Richard

IMO, the prevalence has dropped, either due to improvements (Golf uses a slightly improved DSG - details are sketchy) or the fact that less people buy it and less people buy the higher powered models..

At 118k, you have many non conti choices too, eg the Mazda 6 is an impressive car and for that amount, you can get a full featured version. At least you will get 400% more USB slots :)

↡ Advertisement