Audi A3 Sedan/Sportsback Owners - Check In

zerobim08

Neutral Newbie
3 hours ago, MrNg said:

Search Audikit by Glatt auto kit on fb. Join the A3 WhatsApp group for more poison.

Thanks for the recommendation. Went to look at Audikit by Glatt auto kit but not very sure what are the various items that can be modified apart from those that can be seen (external). wanted to check if there's any other items which is not visible to naked eye needs to be changed as well or not to make the modification more wholesome.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
3 hours ago, SZ_ford said:

bodykit, steering and brakes....can check dek motorport in FB, did a few things with them

rims.......SE tyre, Hurry tyre, carry a lot brands, can find them in FB

Thanks for the recommendation. will check it out!

Hi guys,

For those that had owned the A3 1.0 & 1.4 for 3yrs and above, any issues so far with the DQ200 dry clutch gearbox or engine oil consumptions?

Is it only the models from 2017 onwards which are less problematic?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Davo23 said:

Hi guys,

For those that had owned the A3 1.0 & 1.4 for 3yrs and above, any issues so far with the DQ200 dry clutch gearbox or engine oil consumptions?

Is it only the models from 2017 onwards which are less problematic?

Thanks!

Owned the Facelift 2017 version from Jan 2017 till now, no gearbox or engine oil problems at all, which I have clocked 110k km so far.

• Praise 1

On 4/29/2015 at 12:29 PM, zerobim08 said:

Please check in if you are a Audi A3 owners. Please state your type and also year and any other info you like to share.

My car info:

-A3 Sedan Ambiente trim (Type 8V - model year 2015).

-Delivery in Mar 2015.

-OMV=27.2K. COE=64.7K AD gross margin=18.5K.

During my evaluation, I gathered some info about the A3 compared to other similar cars in Singapore. Just for your information (see table below). I welcome any questions. I have also done a brief review in sgcarmart for this car too.

post-155163-0-38808000-1430281632_thumb.png

Thank you TS for this thread! Really useful Info to compare different entry level Conti cars in one table 👍🏻

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

I am thinking to get a used audi a3, 2018 onwards. I saw that PA sells used audi that goes thru 'multi points check by audi mechs'. I dont mind getting a used a3 from them but dont quite have the year/color options I want. Is it still safe to get a used a3 from other dealers? 

PA actually told me that used audis which do not pass their in-house checks are actually offloaded to other dealers. A bit scare to get used audi from other dealers now. 

Any feedback, thoughts will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

On 7/30/2020 at 12:12 AM, chewsj said:

Hi all,

I am thinking to get a used audi a3, 2018 onwards. I saw that PA sells used audi that goes thru 'multi points check by audi mechs'. I dont mind getting a used a3 from them but dont quite have the year/color options I want. Is it still safe to get a used a3 from other dealers? 

PA actually told me that used audis which do not pass their in-house checks are actually offloaded to other dealers. A bit scare to get used audi from other dealers now. 

Any feedback, thoughts will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Bro ... I was in the same situation as you. Wifey wanted a car to get around and I was looking at Civic, Mazda 3 and new Altis. Whilst looking around, we stumbled on a very nice red A3 but zhng'd approx 2.5 years old $80K and maybe 35K mileage. The car was sold by one of the more "premium" used car dealer and therefore was worth considering. We then started to look at PA's used etc and that was what they told me. Wifey was hooked on A3 from then on.

My advice is if you find a nice well maintained A3 at a reasonable price range ... I would ask for the car to be inspected by one of the workshops you trust e.g. STA. They will provide an independent evaluation of what needs to be changed ... pay a little more to get peace of mind and maybe get a little leverage. Not ALL 2nd hand A3s crosses PA's inventory so not all are bad cars.

To cut the long story short ... we bought the A3 at the Audi Flash Sale at a decent price. The car is quite nippy for a 1.0L car but being 3 cylinders is quite loud when it starts. You may need to top up if it doesn't come with Apple Carplay / Android Auto or GPS.

The new A3 has just been released so PA may be releasing their older models ... just ask them for a good price.

IMHO

On 8/8/2020 at 11:04 AM, alex_cai92 said:

Collecting my A3 Sedan on 17-Aug! Are there any tele or whatsapp group to join? Thanks! 🙂

Bro. Did you have to trade in yr old vehicle and what was the final price? Mind sharing?

Neutral Newbie
5 hours ago, hungryjack said:

Bro. Did you have to trade in yr old vehicle and what was the final price? Mind sharing?

no trade-in, so kena hit $2k above quoted price. final price is $111K for
- A3 Sedan
- Smartphone interface version (android auto/apple car play), also for the USB. built-in Nav is bonus cuz i will use Google Maps/Waze instead
- 5 year warranty, 3 years/45k km servicing (i think this one is standard)
- Reverse cam

Removed the "free" solar film and dashcam to get this price. These 2 i prefer to use something i like from outside rather than the basic ones they give.

Of cuz, got to use their preferred financing and insurance companies.

Booked during CB, test drove using 30-minutes Audi On-Demand. They bring the car to my house and i get to drive anywhere i want for 30 mins. First time do test drive can go until expressway chiong. In-car communicate with SE via zoom. Quite interesting.

17 hours ago, alex_cai92 said:

no trade-in, so kena hit $2k above quoted price. final price is $111K for
- A3 Sedan
- Smartphone interface version (android auto/apple car play), also for the USB. built-in Nav is bonus cuz i will use Google Maps/Waze instead
- 5 year warranty, 3 years/45k km servicing (i think this one is standard)
- Reverse cam

Removed the "free" solar film and dashcam to get this price. These 2 i prefer to use something i like from outside rather than the basic ones they give.

Of cuz, got to use their preferred financing and insurance companies.

Booked during CB, test drove using 30-minutes Audi On-Demand. They bring the car to my house and i get to drive anywhere i want for 30 mins. First time do test drive can go until expressway chiong. In-car communicate with SE via zoom. Quite interesting.

What was the advertised price at that point of time?

27 minutes ago, hungryjack said:

What was the advertised price at that point of time?

Sedan online sale for car alone is $104,999, 5 years warranty but nothing else. I remember sportback going a few thousands lower.

No trade-in add surcharge $2k
Smarphone interface add surcharge ~$2.8k
Servicing add surcharge ~$1.5k
Reverse cam add surcharge ~$1k
Solar Film ~$1k
Dashcam ~$1k

Hi, 

Any idea how is the rear space for A3 compare with Mazda 3?

I saw the comparison by zerobim08 but was wondering anyone with physical experience with it?

I'm currently driving Mazda 3 and thinking of changing to A3 if both interior size are similar in real experience.

52 minutes ago, Bjory said:

Hi, 

Any idea how is the rear space for A3 compare with Mazda 3?

I saw the comparison by zerobim08 but was wondering anyone with physical experience with it?

I'm currently driving Mazda 3 and thinking of changing to A3 if both interior size are similar in real experience.

hi, been inside a3 hatch and mz3 sedan, maybe not the best comparison

mz3 is larger, just slightly. more headroom in the rear. maybe 2 finger gap more, im 180cm

but i think best u head down to showroom to test it for yourelf

↡ Advertisement