Lexus introduces ES200 - definitely gonna be a bestseller

Alheych

maybe you dont know anyone who have 1 row of S class and LS park in there yard. lol

people who buy bmw/merc will not buy L ... lol

↡ Advertisement

Haha I have to agree with @Rayoflight all that glossy wood trim shouts ah pek! (maybe other trims might make it less ah pek like), damn even the steering has that trim

Outside ain't too bad though [thumbsup]

It better have a TC engine otherwise... [shakehead]

Hello ah pek...nowadays the lexus image is different from a decade ago

• Praise 1

(edited)

I really wonder who still likes fake wood veneer in a car.

Toyota's (and indeed Lexus') marketing department would have done its homework to keep re-introducing it.

They know that wood sells in South East Asia. That's why all the Asian market Toyotas (Fortuner, Hilux, Innova etc) are splashed with large surfaces of fake wood. We may not agree with the aesthetics but their sales volumes speak for themselves...

Interior of a Fortuner:

convertlhd.jpg

Edited by Alheych

haha .... me just kidding la by making a sweeping statement like that ...

whatever brand ... whatever car ... sure got potential buyer la ... else car maker will not make the car

maybe you dont know anyone who have 1 row of S class and LS park in there yard. lol

Does my eyes deceive me or does that car have an automatic and manual gearbox?

Toyota's (and indeed Lexus') marketing department would have done its homework to keep re-introducing it.

They know that wood sells in South East Asia. That's why all the Asian market Toyotas (Fortuner, Hilux, Innova etc) are splashed with large surfaces of fake wood. We may not agree with the aesthetics but their sales volumes speak for themselves...

convertlhd.jpg

• Praise 1

Maybe they think we all like wooden structures like Balinese/Thai resort ...

(edited)

I think the manual looking one is a 2WD-4WD selector, not sure how it actually works...

Edited by Alheych
  • Praise 1

convertlhd.jpg

very typical japanese design ...... household is very similar too as in the look and feel

Edited by Angcheek
  • Praise 5

Thats off road purpose

Shift 4x2 to 4x4

Maybe they think we all like wooden structures like Balinese/Thai resort ...

Yah java, bali, thai, burmese all love wooden features haha

• Praise 1

That's the 4WD differential gearbox. Nowadays SUVs with selectable 4WD only have knobs to turn to select. In the past it looks like a manual gear shift to select "H" for high diff and "L" for low diff. Got neutral as well for tarmac driving or else it will damage the tires. If you look at the army Land Rover Defenders you will see 2 manual gearshifts. One for regular transmission other smaller one for 4WD.

• Praise 4

To sell well in Singapore, you need:

1. the reliability of a Toyota

2. the brand of a Lexus

3. the smallest possible displacement

The newly updated ES range, with a new 2.0L engine, really hoseh liao. Even the current ES250 is already quite well priced compared to its stablemates (eg GS). It just needs to be slightly more competitive before we have a bestseller.

See more at: http://www.netcarshow.com/lexus/2016-es/

12847_1_l.jpg

12847_2_l.jpg

12847_3_l.jpg

Swee! The Camry already selling about $160K if this ES200 selling $180K then sure many ppl would rather top up this $20K for L badge! Not forgetting it has higher OMV and better resale values.

Edited by Yaloryalor
  • Praise 1

Swee! The Camry already selling about $160K if this ES200 selling $180K then sure many ppl would rather top up this $20K for L badge! Not forgetting it has higher OMV and better resale values.

Have to wait and see if BM bring in this version and what kind of option/accessories is included /available.

• Praise 3

not bad. Maybe it will replace the ES250 sold in SG

Looks bigger and lower displacement than IS250.

Even if this is a FF rather than RWD, i doubt its going to matter to most

If its sold here, its going to give camry a run for its $ ( unlikely borneo will allow camry sales to be cannibalize )