Car slight jerk at idle and jerks when pressing throttle

hi,

have a problem today. hope you guys know what it is. kia forte 1.6sx of 5 years and 4 months old, 77Kkm mileage.

Today the car jerks at idle at red light, and i can see that RPM slight jumps up and down, like 400rpm - 700rpm. Usually it is idle at 400rpm without up and down. The jerk is about every 4 seconds, not constant jerking. can feel the car tremble.

When i press the throttle to accelerate during travelling, the car will jerk again, and does not accelerate instantly as normal. after a while it accelerates to a higher cruising speed, then it's OK again. During jerking, the engine light flashes like 10 times. when the jerk stops, engine light becomes off again. I just changed engine oil and engine filter 2 months ago.

Is this worn spark plugs, or ATF due to change (coz it's been a while), or both, or something else?

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

Guess work is only good for symptoms common to a model.

Use OBD to isolate first. Go to workshops with the right tool.

Turbocharged

Buy a cheap OBD2 bluetooth adapter from Dealextreme, I got one from them as well and it works great. For engine codes you can google them to get a better idea of what they mean as some code names are not clear.

it is misfiring from the code. initially p0300. but after changing coil and spark plugs, it still has misfiring with p0302. 2nd cylinder misfiring. just hope it is not something seriously bad and will have to spend a bomb. still yet to diagnose what exactly it is.

it is misfiring from the code. initially p0300. but after changing coil and spark plugs, it still has misfiring with p0302. 2nd cylinder misfiring. just hope it is not something seriously bad and will have to spend a bomb. still yet to diagnose what exactly it is.

Hi.. do u still remember at the end what is the cause?

I am experiencing the same issue on my ride.

Hi

Need help

There is this roaring sound from engine compartment when car move off from stationary sounded very rough.

Normally about 2000rpm onwards.

When ok highway which rpm is normally below 2000 there is not significant sound.

This roaring sound will sometimes disappear and it will be smooth like baby but most of time it is around.

Abit like modified exhaust sound but my car is stock.

When in neutral and accelerate there is no sound thus engine should be fine and exhaust not leaking.

Honda vezel 2015, 60k mileage

Hi

Need help

There is this roaring sound from engine compartment when car move off from stationary sounded very rough.

Normally about 2000rpm onwards.

When ok highway which rpm is normally below 2000 there is not significant sound.

This roaring sound will sometimes disappear and it will be smooth like baby but most of time it is around.

Abit like modified exhaust sound but my car is stock.

When in neutral and accelerate there is no sound thus engine should be fine and exhaust not leaking.

Honda vezel 2015, 60k mileage

Let me make a wild guess , likely a worn bearings from the drive train.

Could be ac compressor , tensional pulley , alternator ....

Let me make a wild guess , likely a worn bearings from the drive train.

Could be ac compressor , tensional pulley , alternator ....

I was guessing the drive train bearing, is it normally located along the moving shaft linked to the wheel bearings? I notice my wheel bearing is also a bit wear out. But weird that the sound only appears when I accelerate

I was guessing the drive train bearing, is it normally located along the moving shaft linked to the wheel bearings? I notice my wheel bearing is also a bit wear out. But weird that the sound only appears when I accelerate

From pass experience , roaring sound that comes n go (intermittent) normally caused by bearing.

Get it check by experienced mechanic.

Neutral Newbie

hi,

have a problem today. hope you guys know what it is. kia forte 1.6sx of 5 years and 4 months old, 77Kkm mileage. 

Today the car jerks at idle at red light, and i can see that RPM slight jumps up and down, like 400rpm - 700rpm. Usually it is idle at 400rpm without up and down. The jerk is about every 4 seconds, not constant jerking. can feel the car tremble.

When i press the throttle to accelerate during travelling, the car will jerk again, and does not accelerate instantly as normal. after a while it accelerates to a higher cruising speed, then it's OK again. During jerking, the engine light flashes like 10 times. when the jerk stops, engine light becomes off again. I just changed engine oil and engine filter 2 months ago.

Is this worn spark plugs, or ATF due to change (coz it's been a while), or both, or something else? 

Thanks.

Hi,

I am having the same problem. May I know what is the actual cause? And how much is the cost to repair?

↡ Advertisement