Car slight jerk at idle and jerks when pressing throttle

Hi,

I am having the same problem. May I know what is the actual cause? And how much is the cost to repair?

Likely one of the Ignition coils or spark plugs, one piece cost about $30 but with labor maybe a bit more, spark plug is cheap . You can just change out the defective one.

I had this problem twice before. It is either the coil to the spark plug. The latter is cheaper to fix. My Mech recommended to replace the plugs first. It solved the problem. 

On the second occasion, after about 70K kms, it happened again. I straightaway bought a set of spark plugs to replace. The problem was solved again.

I had this problem twice before. It is either the coil to the spark plug. The latter is cheaper to fix. My Mech recommended to replace the plugs first. It solved the problem. 

On the second occasion, after about 70K kms, it happened again. I straightaway bought a set of spark plugs to replace. The problem was solved again.

I used a OBD II scanner and it specifically showed bank 3 misfired. 

I swopped the ignition coil from the 3rd  to 1st bank.

Start the engine and checked again and it showed 1st bank misfired. 

This confirmed it's a spoiled ignition coil. Bought one and replaced it together with 6 pcs of SP that was pretty worn out.  

Edited by Hamburger
↡ Advertisement