ALL About BMW 3 series (ALL generation)

Mercury1

1st Gen, Cooper is 1.6L NA producing 114hp & Cooper S is 1.6L supercharge producing 168hp

2nd Gen, Cooper is 1.6L NA producing 114hp & Cooper S is 1.6L TC producing 175hp

2nd Gen LCI, Cooper is 1.6L NA producing 118hp & Cooper S is 1.6L TC producing 184hp

3rd Gen, Cooper is 1.5L TC producing 134hp & Cooper S is 2L TC producing 189hp

Since last year, all 2nd Gen Cooper S falls under Cat B.

I don't think F30 got Dynamic Drive which adjust anti-roll bar.

i thought the 114bhp was Mini One? I thought all Cooper comes supercharged.

↡ Advertisement

I feel A3 and CLA180 more value for money

3 series is competing against A4 & C klass.

New 1er (Gxx) will be on FWD platform. So, the only go kart feel is the Mini.

Mini got that go kart feel from short body. Sometime it feels like AWD.

3 series is competing against A4 & C klass.

Mini got that go kart feel from short body. Sometime it feels like AWD.

waiting for the 2er grand coupe (RWD) to replace E30 feel.

i thought the 114bhp was Mini One? I thought all Cooper comes supercharged.

Only 1st gen Cooper S is SC. 1st & 2nd gen Cooper is NA.

Mini 1 is 1.4L NA producing 70+ hp.

Turbocharged

I would find it hard to believe PML doesn't have a 328 for test drive

Personally I find the 328 has more than enough power for Sgp roads (have not drove a 335), but you have work out your sums and find a compromise between how much you want to pay (car & maintenance) vs the car itself), the car does 0 - 100 in around 5.7 secs and you can hit 140 quite easily which in SGP roads is just asking to be fined by TP.

Bear in mind 335 will typically come standard with almost all the fun options, HK sound, HUD, Dynamic suspension, Surround view parking, Sun roof etc. The new 328 comes with HUD standard but a 2nd hand older (2012) model may not (does not have the other toys like on the 335 either either), unless you're heng to find a 2nd hand fully loaded 328 for sale.

For the sound I change the 328 exhaust to the M perf exhaust and that really changes the engine tones.

Hey,

I am looking at getting a pre-owned F30.

Either at 328 or 335.

They are no longer available at PML so I cant go for a test drive.

Anyone of you have actually driven both of them to give a review?

For Singapore driving, can you feel the difference in acceleration? I can live with the sound of a 4 cyl engine

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Ah was referring to the adaptive suspension, or M running gear as its called (weird title)

I don't think F30 got Dynamic Drive which adjust anti-roll bar.

With electric steering set for future BMW's I doubt anything will replace that. [smallcry]

waiting for the 2er grand coupe (RWD) to replace E30 feel.

Ah was referring to the adaptive suspension, or M running gear as its called (weird title)

M sport suspension of E46 era is deemed too stiff for most customers nowadays (except maybe fan boy). Stiffness of the chassis has been reduced to make passenger more comfortable.

With electric steering set for future BMW's I doubt anything will replace that. [smallcry]

I forget about how much i miss hydraulic power steering.

• Praise 1

316i no more. It will come as 318i , replacing the N20B16B engine with B38 1.5 litre 3 cylinder engine, producing the same 134bhp / 220Nm but CO2 emission reduced to just 119g/km

this emission will enjoy $10k july cevs rebate. When is the 318i replacing 316i?

i dont touch Audi, and i didnt test the XF, so no comments.

Against the E class (pre facelifted), both drives well (you'll be surprised at how well the W212 E class drives). But as expected, Merc has softer suspension and 5er firmer. So the 5er will always out handles the E.

Roadholding at our road and highway's legal speed, both are competent.

One thing I realize about the 5er, there is so much electronics in the whole car. It will be amazing if there is no bug found in there. In software codes, there is no such thing as bug free. Just matter of how serious the bug is.

Its no wonder that Mercs are more reliable since their use of electronics are more sparingly used.

New 1er (Gxx) will be on FWD platform. So, the only go kart feel is the Mini.

Thanks for the inputs, allowing me to better understand the driving dynamics between an E class and a 5 series.

Yeah, this is the one thing which I'm worried about the 5 series (the tremendous amount of electronics in the car) too. I heard about it. In your opinion, does the electronic issues pops up often?

Thanks for the inputs, allowing me to better understand the driving dynamics between an E class and a 5 series.

Yeah, this is the one thing which I'm worried about the 5 series (the tremendous amount of electronics in the car) too. I heard about it. In your opinion, does the electronic issues pops up often

someone told me there are 7 motherboards in that car ...... hahahaa :slow:

• Praise 3

Mecury bro.. Have u started on any mods? Haha

Yesterday i knock my rear bumper.. Yes shit.. A hole at the rear. Tomorrow im gonna fit the Msport bodykit. Hahaha

Next to do:

1)Chip it up

2)Change to aftermkt charge pipe and boost pipe

3)Rims and tyres

Fongkim has LTA approved catback/silencer only Bastuck quadexos. I dont see many reviews on bmwsg for this exhaust.

Let the poisions begin! 一去不回头 haha

(edited)

Haha.. I think i also wont lower until that low...

The bodykit wasn't what i wanted to do first also.. But boh bian.. Nobody want to fix my rear bumper.. All say fix liao very ugly.. Wont last... Might as well change to Msport..Nb. Im installing the double slate kidney grilles too..

Haizz 6mths old car and already travelled 11k km haha

Edited by Rayoflight