ALL About BMW 3 series (ALL generation)

Mercury1

Thanks for the inputs, allowing me to better understand the driving dynamics between an E class and a 5 series.

Yeah, this is the one thing which I'm worried about the 5 series (the tremendous amount of electronics in the car) too. I heard about it. In your opinion, does the electronic issues pops up often?

no issue for me so far. touch wood.

and the on board computer fuel consumption calculation is very accurate.

no issue for me so far. touch wood.

and the on board computer fuel consumption calculation is very accurate.

Wah, heng ah, you made me feel more relieved. A number of people told me to stay away from BMW because of the electronics.

If you need the space and can get past its looks, the 3-series GT (F34) cabin feels bigger than the 5-series. There is more headroom and the extra 20cm over the regular 3-er mostly goes into the cabin. Boot space feels bigger too because of the high boot.

Handling will feel closer to the 3-er with a lower weight and smaller footprint

However price is too close to the 5-series, you may feel shortchanged with the interior trim. Probably why you don't see many on the roads.

Turbocharged

If you need the space and can get past its looks, the 3-series GT (F34) cabin feels bigger than the 5-series. There is more headroom and the extra 20cm over the regular 3-er mostly goes into the cabin. Boot space feels bigger too because of the high boot.

However price is too close to the 5-series, you may feel shortchanged with the interior trim. Probably why you don't see many on the roads.

Also a lot of people think its a bit ugly or weirdly proportioned...

You ask me I think it looks fine. And I like the hatchback.

• Praise 1

The gran turismo is freaking ugly.

• Praise 2

(edited)

Thinking of getting a 3 series. What has stopped me so far is the many talk of bmw cars' poor reliability. Any comments?

My previous rides are merc and volvo, which have been trouble free.

Hahah maybe you wanna clock more posts for some credibility before talking about the ill reliability of BMWs.....

And seperately

When you guys use the term 3er 5er etc, i would like to make it known that it was coined by me.

So every time you say 3er or 5er or 6er or 7er etc etc etc, plse remember me.

Edited by Throttle2

The gran turismo is freaking ugly.

its expansively ugly hahaha

Hahah maybe you wanna clock more posts for some credibility before talking about the ill reliability of BMWs.....

And seperately

When you guys use the term 3er 5er etc, i would like to make it known that it was coined by me.

need to pay loyalty too

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

And seperately

I don't use them

[:p] [:p] [:p] [:p] [:p]

• Praise 1

I only just joined this car forum. I am not aware posts equate to credibility.

Instead of listening to sales consultants extoll the cars they are selling, I thought of hearing from fellow car owners here their experiences with bmw cars. [;)]

Similar to what Damienic mentioned earlier, I have been told too many times by bmw drivers about reliability issues. So this is what's holding me back, otherwise I am quite keen on getting a 3 series. Keen on the Jaguar XE too but that will have to wait till it gets here.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Yo Bro,

No mods yet, I did fit a bluetooth OBD and connected to a Sony phone which I use to monitor engine rev.

Wah piang I feel your pain man, was it something protruding out which you reversed into? But hey if you'r fitting the M Sport bodykit its for the better [thumbsup]

On Sunday someone rear ended me on the PIE, luckily it was only a bump but pushed in the rear diffuser. Had someone at J's Magic fix it today, then I hand itchy went and ordered the rear and roof spoiler too [laugh].

Exhaust wise quads will look great but be sure to hear how it sounds before fitting, I not used to those that are too loud (i.e eisenmann), also if you're installing quads you might wanna check if the Msport kit you're fitting can accommodate? Otherwise have to make adjustment later down the road when you do fit the,

Mecury bro.. Have u started on any mods? Haha

Yesterday i knock my rear bumper.. Yes shit.. A hole at the rear. Tomorrow im gonna fit the Msport bodykit. Hahaha

Next to do:

1)Chip it up
2)Change to aftermkt charge pipe and boost pipe
3)Rims and tyres

Fongkim has LTA approved catback/silencer only Bastuck quadexos. I dont see many reviews on bmwsg for this exhaust.

Let the poisions begin! 一去不回头 haha

Lao Ban the list to remember you by is ever growing leh, I have to add it to the existing list after Rolex, Porsche, Cigar etc [scholar]

And seperately

I only just joined this car forum. I am not aware posts equate to credibility.

Instead of listening to sales consultants extoll the cars they are selling, I thought of hearing from fellow car owners here their experiences with bmw cars. [;)]

Similar to what Damienic mentioned earlier, I have been told too many times by bmw drivers about reliability issues. So this is what's holding me back, otherwise I am quite keen on getting a 3 series. Keen on the Jaguar XE too but that will have to wait till it gets here.

Thats true, here a lot of siao kows, so many thousands of post still no credibility.

Muayhahahahaha

On the topic, i have been told by so many people that BMWs are unreliable, then when i ask have they ever owned one, they say no, but their uncle, aunty, grandpa, father's friend, friend's father etc etc...

Knn Bloody jokers. Never owned one but talk like they own a few. Muayhahahahaha!

I have owned 3er coupe, 525i and 630i.

All of which secondhand.

No problems other than regular maintenance.

So either other people sibei bad luck, or my luck sibei tok kong!

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

And seperately

The 3er 5er etc names are used all over the world especially Germany leh muayhahahaha 😂

(edited)

Lao Ban the list to remember you by is ever growing leh, I have to add it to the existing list after Rolex, Porsche, Cigar etc [scholar]

All those i toapowsian one lah.

Where got Rolex, Porsche cigars?

But 3er, 5er, 6er, 7er etc etc, confirm stamp and chop are terms coined by me, which over the years have become regularly used, in this forum and elsewhere too.

So when you use , plse remember me

Muayhahahaha

The 3er 5er etc names are used all over the world especially Germany leh muayhahahaha 😂

They learn it from me cos I certainly did not learn it from them. Muayhahaha Edited by Throttle2

(edited)

Just like how you use my "muayhahahahahah"

Want to buy Rolex or not?

I know its too crude for you but treat it as helping me.

Sell you cheap.

Edited by Throttle2

Thats true, here a lot of siao kows, so many thousands of post still no credibility.

Muayhahahahaha

On the topic, i have been told by so many people that BMWs are unreliable, then when i ask have they ever owned one, they say no, but their uncle, aunty, grandpa, father's friend, friend's father etc etc...

Knn Bloody jokers. Never owned one but talk like they own a few. Muayhahahahaha!

I have owned 3er coupe, 525i and 630i.

All of which secondhand.

No problems other than regular maintenance.

So either other people sibei bad luck, or my luck sibei tok kong!

Oh I see. In my case I am hearing from owners who have experience with not just bmw but also other marque names. Naturally I take their advice more seriously than hearsay.

Good to know your rides are trouble free. [;)] Are you driving the current models? Apparently there are more electronics in the newer models compared to old ones. Any comments on the latest 3 series? Speaking of which I just googled and seems like 3 series is having a face lift, so the latest will soon be superceded.

↡ Advertisement