Manual transmission cars going to be discontinued?

Subutai

@Jamesc true, but jazz 1.5 much easier to sell to direct buyer compared to a kona manual. Looking at carousell, the depre which i could post there seems reasonable even if I go lower then the market

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Mkl22 said:

IMHO if bread and butter cars, it’s better to drive popular models. Not sure how important down time for repairs due to parts supply is to you. With less popular models you might have wait a bit for parts. 
for me, I dislike waiting for parts, need to have them within the same day. 
for me a manual Kona with 1.0 isn’t worth the hassle. It’s not a car interesting enough to put up with potential less support. 

if dun want bread and butter, get the New Toyota GR86, it is a Toyota so spare parts on issue and reliability always better than the rest in general👍🏻

• Praise 1

3 hours ago, D3badge said:

if dun want bread and butter, get the New Toyota GR86, it is a Toyota so spare parts on issue and reliability always better than the rest in general👍🏻

I also don't want  bread and butter car , but affordability is the issue .

With even sports cars going hybrid or electric now, the manual transmission will be even rarer in 4-5 years.

I'm still keeping my manual Toyota Vios and bought two sets of clutch kits to standby for the next 8 years+.

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, 13177 said:

Dont understand why manual cars become extinct? I missed driving a manual car. Lol.

its because ppl like u that make manual extinct.

say like manual but buy auto. knn

Edited by DylanChen
  • Haha! 4

The congestion in sg roads now, it's better suited for auto cars. I like driving manual cars, and in fact bought such model for my first car. But that was a time when you could cruise mainly in top gear down our expressways and achieve great fuel savings.

Not anymore these days with stop-start traffic. And the smoothness and fuel efficiency of modern auto trans won't lose to manuals.

On 9/18/2021 at 3:39 PM, shaunlwl said:

@Jamesc true, but jazz 1.5 much easier to sell to direct buyer compared to a kona manual. Looking at carousell, the depre which i could post there seems reasonable even if I go lower then the market

Have you tried the kona? For small cc engine, the short rev band with frequent upshifts, in my view, robs the joy of manual. 

On 9/19/2021 at 11:48 PM, Falc said:

Have you tried the kona? For small cc engine, the short rev band with frequent upshifts, in my view, robs the joy of manual. 

The "rev-hang" is not pleasant too. 

• Praise 1

On 9/18/2021 at 8:03 PM, Jamesc said:

How many people are driving automatics

moaning the the lost of manuals?

:D

i talk alot how much i miss manual cars.

a few day back i drive a vios manual. bloody clutch was so hard. i need to pull my seat in front as not to damage my left knee.

15 mins of driving only. i was give up🤣

• Haha! 3

47 minutes ago, Beregond said:

i talk alot how much i miss manual cars.

a few day back i drive a vios manual. bloody clutch was so hard. i need to pull my seat in front as not to damage my left knee.

15 mins of driving only. i was give up🤣

Auto is best

:D

On 9/19/2021 at 2:53 PM, Sosaria said:

The congestion in sg roads now, it's better suited for auto cars. I like driving manual cars, and in fact bought such model for my first car. But that was a time when you could cruise mainly in top gear down our expressways and achieve great fuel savings.

Not anymore these days with stop-start traffic. And the smoothness and fuel efficiency of modern auto trans won't lose to manuals.

Not too sure.  I used to drive an auto avante before driving a manual accent and then an auto honda city

Auto avante was about 13-14 km/litre

Accent about 15 km/litre

Honda city 17- 18 km/litre

Even I was surprised that Honda city did so much better than my manual accent

13 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Not too sure.  I used to drive an auto avante before driving a manual accent and then an auto honda city

Auto avante was about 13-14 km/litre

Accent about 15 km/litre

Honda city 17- 18 km/litre

Even I was surprised that Honda city did so much better than my manual accent

when i drive manual. i alway ram the rpm high then change gear. this alway result in poor FC.  but when i slow down when driving a manual, i alway engage to N or i step the clutch fully to disengage  and step the brake and roll forward . this habit can save fuel.

but i think over all the FC  efficiency still lose to auto when they switch gear for me. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1