Manual transmission cars going to be discontinued?

Subutai

Exactly. VW imported Scirocco R manual once. Sit in the showroom very long cannot sell.

What if manual gearbox kaput, need to wait how long for spare parts to arrive?

↡ Advertisement

What if manual gearbox kaput, need to wait how long for spare parts to arrive?

If it was common then they would obviously stock parts. But since the manual is not common obviously they will have to special order from Germany (minimum one day).

thats because you do not know the joy of self shifting.

do you have class 3 or 3A?

LOL.... agree, till today, I still prefer manual, but too bad, choice is limited unless Im going to pay for extra... I believe in driving a car rather than driven by the car.

• Praise 5

Took license about 8 years ago, my friends and family ask me for fart I want to take manual when auto is an option.

I say go overseas and rent manual car.

But now I thinking, like really for fart take manual license nowadays?

Supercharged

Took license about 8 years ago, my friends and family ask me for fart I want to take manual when auto is an option.

for this:

ford-focus-rs-01-1.jpg

• Praise 2

Well, if you like to know, I just drove my company van to pick up some items. If you have class 3, you can do that anytime rather than purposely employ or get a driver with manual licence to do that.

Driving manual car is an art.

Only real driver will understand.

• Praise 4

Singapore got no market because not many people here can drive, and a lot will take Class 3A 'cos they can't pass Class 3.

Europe got big market because many people there can actually drive.

• Praise 2

Singapore got no market because not many people here can drive, and a lot will take Class 3A 'cos they can't pass Class 3.

Europe got big market because many people there can actually drive.

Nowadays, manual porky fetch lower value than PDK.

Driving manual car is an art.

Only real driver will understand.

Totally agree - I dread the day I have to give up my manual car, will be hard to find a replacement.

Nowadays, manual porky fetch lower value than PDK.

Don't get me wrong. I am all for the new generation fast-shifting transmissions if they are a) in cars that prioritise performance (Porsche, BMW M cars) and b) quicker than a manual.

However, the driver buying those cars must at least know how to drive a manual, preferably with some real skill (heel-toe, etc.). In which case, buying a PDK or DCT becomes a conscious performance-oriented decision and not a cop-out because one can't drive.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

Learning to drive manual is still a useful skill. Go overseas, some countries their rental cars mostly manual only.

Don't get me wrong. I am all for the new generation fast-shifting transmissions if they are a) in cars that prioritise performance (Porsche, BMW M cars) and b) quicker than a manual.

However, the driver buying those cars must at least know how to drive a manual, preferably with some real skill (heel-toe, etc.). In which case, buying a PDK or DCT becomes a conscious performance-oriented decision and not a cop-out because one can't drive.

I thought nowadays these performance cars even their MT models also no need skill. I had the chance to drive a 370Z and I rmb it had this auto rev match so downshifting don't even need to heel-toe or rev match manually. I rmb there are quite a number of these kind of cars with this auto rev matching right?

Learning to drive manual is still a useful skill. Go overseas, some countries their rental cars mostly manual only.

depends on to which country, USA and AUS and NZL manual is not popular, but euro countries especially Italy, France, Greece Manual budget small cars very common, and much cheaper than auto which mostly are luxury models