Manual transmission cars going to be discontinued?

Subutai

Totally agree -  I dread the day I have to give up my manual car, will be hard to find a replacement.

New RS coming soon  [nosebleed]

↡ Advertisement

New RS coming soon  [nosebleed]

When the RS reaches our shore, its going to be priced more than 180K...Too ex liao leh.

For now i think for Manual cars in Sg, if you want something easy on the pocket and still packs a little tiny performance you could probably got for the Jazz Gk5 RS. Read somewhere that KM carries them but its upon request only and you have to deposit an extra 10k or something like that.

When the RS reaches our shore, its going to be priced more than 180K...Too ex liao leh.

For now i think for Manual cars in Sg, if you want something easy on the pocket and still packs a little tiny performance you could probably got for the Jazz Gk5 RS. Read somewhere that KM carries them but its upon request only and you have to deposit an extra 10k or something like that.

Yes, current car price is insane. I may just extend my COE in a year's time since it is still in reasonably good condition.

Jazz is too small for my liking, boot space is lacking.

Wow.. cool, that's interesting.

So far I yet to see one in sgcarmart.

I guess with my budget and preference, I don't have much choices.

Subaru - nice but drinker

Civic - nice but expensive

Vio, Toyota. . Same..

Chevrolet - optra, looks interesting.

Kia - rio and cerato.

Mitsubishi lancer, decent but ah beng to me.

Proton - gen 2 and persona.. am I fated to go for proton only..

Chery t11 1.6, look appealing but don't dare to try..

All based on 1.6m, hatch or sedan

Chevrolet - optra also drinker, I used to own one, and gearbox not reliable

you can try 2007 to 2008 Avante 1.6M, decent price, powerful and reliability

If I could extend my COE I would, depending prices then..

Same here, waiting for COE to drop. Makes much more dollar sense to extend COE of performance car like yours. But the new RS is hot, you sure you are not tempted  [laugh]

Same here, waiting for COE to drop. Makes much more dollar sense to extend COE of performance car like yours. But the new RS is hot, you sure you are not tempted  [laugh]

Not really leh [laugh]  new RS not as tuneful as the turbo straight 5. Current car has more character, like a muscle car in hatch clothes [inlove]

Not really leh [laugh]  new RS not as tuneful as the turbo straight 5. Current car has more character, like a muscle car in hatch clothes [inlove]

haha ok you look at inner beauty I look at outer, I like the look of the new one more  [laugh]

but yes, 2.3 L4 is no fight to the 2.5 L5 but then it has a bigger turbo and AWD ma  [:p]

haha ok you look at inner beauty I look at outer, I like the look of the new one more  [laugh]

but yes, 2.3 L4 is no fight to the 2.5 L5 but then it has a bigger turbo and AWD ma  [:p]

Actually I like my current one better externally, pumped up wheel arches, more special lah. New one is catered for worldwide tastes, more mass market.

Different strokes for different folks..

Actually I like my current one better externally, pumped up wheel arches, more special lah. New one is catered for worldwide tastes, more mass market.

Different strokes for different folks..

I see. Good for you  [thumbsup]

In any case, I can't afford an RS, have to stick to my lao pok car, 9 yr o now. 

Just curious, is your clutch pedal stiff? Mine is so stiff that I am beginning to develop foot and knee pain on my left leg due to prolong exposure to multi-hours jam to JB every weekend to visit my parents  [:(]

I see. Good for you  [thumbsup]

In any case, I can't afford an RS, have to stick to my lao pok car, 9 yr o now. 

Just curious, is your clutch pedal stiff? Mine is so stiff that I am beginning to develop foot and knee pain on my left leg due to prolong exposure to multi-hours jam to JB every weekend to visit my parents  [:(]

No, feels like a normal clutch, pretty manageable. Sounds like its time for an auto car for you.. [laugh]

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Chevrolet - optra also drinker, I used to own one, and gearbox not reliable

you can try 2007 to 2008 Avante 1.6M, decent price, powerful and reliability

so it's true, Chevrolet are drinker..

for manual, gearbox can also be an issue?

point noted, actually I was looking for avante, just don't have too much confidence in them..

they always picture to me as underpower, expensive, drinker etc

No, feels like a normal clutch, pretty manageable. Sounds like its time for an auto car for you.. [laugh]

Yea, wife has been telling the same thing. Let's see how long my left leg can endure. Another year more to go, or another 11 yrs more if I extend my COE  [sweatdrop]

Mazda really has lousy clutch technology 10 yrs back, why they need to make clutch so stiff  [mad]

• Praise 1

Wow.. cool, that's interesting.

So far I yet to see one in sgcarmart.

I guess with my budget and preference, I don't have much choices.

Subaru - nice but drinker

Civic - nice but expensive

Vio, Toyota. . Same..

Chevrolet - optra, looks interesting.

Kia - rio and cerato.

Mitsubishi lancer, decent but ah beng to me.

Proton - gen 2 and persona.. am I fated to go for proton only..

Chery t11 1.6, look appealing but don't dare to try..

All based on 1.6m, hatch or sedan

Might wanna include the City in your list.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Might wanna include the City in your list.

Love to include but nowadays, their pricing is kinda extreme.

Depreciate around 10k per year

• Praise 1

depends on to which country, USA and AUS and NZL manual is not popular, but euro countries especially Italy, France, Greece Manual budget small cars very common, and much cheaper than auto which mostly are luxury models 

U sure in USA and OZ manual not popular? I live in these 2 countries for a couple of years before. I would say only the car rental market for these 2 countries offers mostly auto cars.

• Praise 3

Took license about 8 years ago, my friends and family ask me for fart I want to take manual when auto is an option.

I say go overseas and rent manual car.

But now I thinking, like really for fart take manual license nowadays?

For the passion for driving [drivingcar]

Real driver rather drive than to be driven...

Even [gorgeous] also choose to drive!

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/motoring/motorhead-mum

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 6