Manual transmission cars going to be discontinued?

Subutai

All budget perf cars come in manual eg wrx/evo/ctr/megane rs/ pug gti/ fiesta/focus st.

More atas are auto like Audi RS, gtr, Lexus RCF, NSX, BMW M, AMG etc.

Audi TT RS & BMW M have manual option. [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

(edited)

Kinda sad that it is hard to find nowadays new cars with manual transmissions.

Can anyone enlighten if one can still buy a MIT, MIJ or MIK manual transmission sedan?

Manual cars are far from discontinuing & is a popular option in North America and Europe. Most make/model has a manual option. However, in SG, demand for manual is so weak that ADs stop bringing them in altogether. If u are looking for a B&B MIT manual car, I guess the Nissan Almera is ur only choice.

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 5

Men who need to drive manual to prove that they are real men are sissies and pussies

No need for name calling. I believe that we can have a nice discussion without the insults and name calling.

Auto is indeed easier to drive, but sometimes, brain just switch off when driving auto. Of course, in jams, auto is miles ahead of manual when comparing for comfort.

No need for name calling. I believe that we can have a nice discussion without the insults and name calling.

Auto is indeed easier to drive, but sometimes, brain just switch off when driving auto. Of course, in jams, auto is miles ahead of manual when comparing for comfort.

Yeh, but who started the namecalling first?? :P

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Manual cars are far from discontinuing & is a popular option in North America and Europe. Most make/model has a manual option. However, in SG, demand for manual is so weak that ADs stop bringing them in altogether. If u are looking for a B&B MIT manual car, I guess the Nissan Almera is ur only choice.

Actually I think they are falling out of popularity among most normal drivers in USA. But of course mags like Car and Driver are still calling for Save the Manuals. Europe is still happily buying manuals though.

Turbocharged

Manual transmission are still being produced. It's not don't have, but lesser. Some models are not even manufactured in MT, example Nissan GTR. And then plus Singapore dealers all not interested in bringing the MT models even though there are variants out there with MT - Vios, Altis, Jazz, etc.

In Thailand, the new corolla altis got manual transmission one. How come Borneo Motors never bring in since the same new altis they bring in comes from the same factory??

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Manual transmission are still being produced. It's not don't have, but lesser. Some models are not even manufactured in MT, example Nissan GTR. And then plus Singapore dealers all not interested in bringing the MT models even though there are variants out there with MT - Vios, Altis, Jazz, etc.

In Thailand, the new corolla altis got manual transmission one. How come Borneo Motors never bring in since the same new altis they bring in comes from the same factory??

Lack of demand,so agent don't bring in,bring in another model need to keep more spare parts also.....I knew a Toyota spare parts stockist still got original clutch plates & pumps of the 80's Corona....now it is rubbish.

• Praise 1

Ppl who say they want to drive manual in this day n age are just in denial :P

Dinosours who don want to move with the times..

thats because you do not know the joy of self shifting.

do you have class 3 or 3A?

• Praise 5

Auto gb are shifting faster and becoming more fuel efficient that car makers do not see the point of giving more of manual options.

Sold off my auto transmission car and went back manual and never look back ever since :) you control the car and NOT the car controlling you

Driving manual you need lots of practice and subconsciously becomes part of you. Of course if you have injuries e.g knee problem driving manual isn't the best option.

Having said that, yes I do realise AD do not bring in much manual transmission cars.

• Praise 4

Auto gb are shifting faster and becoming more fuel efficient that car makers do not see the point of giving more of manual options.

but i still love my mt.......even if i buy a new car i will buy an mt....maybe i am a dinasour but i love the feel of the gears i chose while taking a corner.....cant do that in an auto.
  • Praise 6

(edited)

but i still love my mt.......even if i buy a new car i will buy an mt....maybe i am a dinasour but i love the feel of the gears i chose while taking a corner.....cant do that in an auto.

exactly, it's not how fast or how fuel efficient auto is now, but...

Controlling a manual downslope and round a bend is still far superior than any auto.

ADs don't want to bring in manual is not because there's no market, but it's too reliable. How to tan (pian) jiak if cars don't break down as frequently as possible?

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 5

exactly, it's not how fast or how fuel efficient auto is now, but...

Controlling a manual downslope and round a bend is still far superior than any auto.

ADs don't want to bring in manual is not because there's no market, but it's too reliable. How to tan (pian) jiak if cars don't break down as frequently as possible?

my friend just had her auto tranny up lorry.......go jb get a recond one for about rm2k plus.....i think manual is much more easier to maintain.

AT are suitable for any type of motorists,

but Drivers who prefer a more engaging drive will still choose MT.

• Praise 3

Kinda sad that it is hard to find nowadays new cars with manual transmissions.

Can anyone enlighten if one can still buy a MIT, MIJ or MIK manual transmission sedan?

forget those performance cars,

now in the 2nd market the most decent B&B manual car is Civic 1.6/1.8/2.0MT, [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1