Is wise to buy a new 2015 Jetta now

redkenken

seriously if VW thoroughly resolve clutch problem, Jetta indeed is an affordable family car, it's in my shopping list

By then, VW don't need to sell at discount to competitors leow, won't be same price.

↡ Advertisement

Unfortunately the sales (I met) at C&C think that the premium paid for MB goes solely to the brand only. The sales is more interested to tell me how great the badge is instead of how good the car is physically.

I appreciate your balance comments. If i may point out that light body is what the European makers are shooting for because it improves mileage and CO2 emission. Look at the weight of the new A4, 3 series and C class and compare to the much heavier Q50 which has not employed expensive chassis technologies.

Airbags-wise, if it is a Cat B Jap car, should have at least >4?

The badge is great but for the salesperson to keep harping on it is just a move that makes him/her look stupid. "merc leh....you don't want meh?" turns me off if a C&C SE spoke to me like this, luckily she didn't.

Honestly bro, I did sample the european makes their body compared to the japanese makes, the latter still not as strong and still flimsy. I usually will slam hard the doors at car showrooms to test the sound. The european makes really have a difference, only the Cat B japanese cars fare better. But honestly the BnB japanese cars only 2 compared to BnB european makes. I'd rather pay more for that safety.

Honda has got nothing in its current line up that interests me at all.. plus its "premium" pricing in SG. If I were to be looking for a Japanese car, I'd seek out Mazda first. For its bold, striking design.

I saw a Mz 6 and XF parked side by side. The Mz 6 actually looked sharper to me.

The badge is great but for the salesperson to keep harping on it is just a move that makes him/her look stupid. "merc leh....you don't want meh?" turns me off if a C&C SE spoke to me like this, luckily she didn't.

Honestly bro, I did sample the european makes their body compared to the japanese makes, the latter still not as strong and still flimsy. I usually will slam hard the doors at car showrooms to test the sound. The european makes really have a difference, only the Cat B japanese cars fare better. But honestly the BnB japanese cars only 2 compared to BnB european makes. I'd rather pay more for that safety.

The thud sound of a closing door is hardly a good test for build quality :) It is a good test for "shiok" quality though. lol

Neutral Newbie

Bro,

If you're interested in the Jetta, I would suggest you ask for advice in the VAGSG forums.  The pple there probably owned VWs and could give you direct advice on how they thought their cars did.

If you haven't already realised, most of the pple telling you not to buy probably never drove the same Jetta or even a VW.  A lot of "hear-say" or "my friend's...".  Most pple here in MCF are great and friendly chaps - they have your interest at heart, but that also means most never stepped near a VW for good reason :)

If you like it, take it for a test drive.  If you like it still after the test drive, then go in with your eyes open, with the advice from pple who are actual owners of the Jetta.

Otherwise, enjoy the ride!  

Bro,

If you're interested in the Jetta, I would suggest you ask for advice in the VAGSG forums. The pple there probably owned VWs and could give you direct advice on how they thought their cars did.

If you haven't already realised, most of the pple telling you not to buy probably never drove the same Jetta or even a VW. A lot of "hear-say" or "my friend's...". Most pple here in MCF are great and friendly chaps - they have your interest at heart, but that also means most never stepped near a VW for good reason :)

If you like it, take it for a test drive. If you like it still after the test drive, then go in with your eyes open, with the advice from pple who are actual owners of the Jetta.

Otherwise, enjoy the ride!

Bought Jetta sport back in Nov 2013, so far no gear box issue for past 3.5years except servicing charge at VW is higher after 3 years warranty expired, but that is up to individual choice where you want to service your car.

My Jetta is about 2 years now. 35000 km. No problem so far. Anyone owner (post 2014 model) to share the experience?

As an ex-VW owner, just enjoy your Jetta and don't worry too much about potential breakdowns, esp. the infamous DSG issue. When it comes, it will come - there is an element of luck as well when it comes to cars. Just make sure you service the ride with VCS if it's still under warranty. :)

is this review valid ? i get from VW Jetta Club Malaysia

this is crazy !!!! seems like every servicing ..there's part need to change !!!!

seems jetta expensive to maintain .. the best part ..the reliablity is a big question mark 

VW a big NO NO for me

19399978_10209496504509843_5666653673126

https://www.facebook.com/groups/JettaMsia/?multi_permalinks=1514572818614776&notif_t=group_highlights&notif_id=1498318302909344

seems like jetta is full of craps 

Hi, am new here. For the compressor mentioned in the 0-10k change, is it aircon compressor?

Obviously it is,  VW does not produce compressor, it is a third party brand and am sure it must have been used by other car manufacturers as well. For a car to replace compressor  in 10k is sheer bad luck.  But having so many other issues being listed there, the statistic is either out to sabo VW or VW is really quite respectable to have produced so many cars with issues for their new owners to suck it up

Neutral Newbie

any 2015 user? or any VW jetta owners?

may I know if you guys purchase the extended warrenty and how much does it cost?

price for servicing and if any workshop outside do servicing rather that the VW service center? thanks!

Well I just sold my 2012 Scirocco. 1.4TSi

No Mu issues.

Clutch replaced under warranty in year 2.5 for juddering. No issues thereafter.

Servicing all done at Volkswagen Singapore.

Smallest price I paid for the super minor simple service is 470+.

What failed: radiator.

I'll show you sample of the recent service bill.

From Volkswagen Centre Singapore:

Good day Mr ***

Here are the INITIAL finding quotes for today:

1.Radiator coolant (leak) $896

2.Rear discs brake and pads (left 5mm) $614

3.Air vent hose (crack/air leak) $154

4.Front RH parking bulb (blow) $12

5.Battery (aftermarket) $439

6.90K Service $413

If everthing goes well, additional job will be complete latest by Wednesday at 3.00PM.

Kindly please acknowledge this SMS to proceed the repair.

Thank you.

Hatta

***All quotes with labour and GST

***2 years warranty is only valid for all parts replaced

(less wear and tear parts) provided if regular servicing and maintenance are done with VW without any

modifications or chip tuning on ECU.

Hope this helps you.

For what it's worth, the TSi is the most solid engine ever. The dual super and turbo charge 160ps is simply great for overtaking. No worries on engine reliability.

What you should worry about is everything else lol.

Well I just sold my 2012 Scirocco. 1.4TSi

No Mu issues.

Clutch replaced under warranty in year 2.5 for juddering. No issues thereafter.

Servicing all done at Volkswagen Singapore.

Smallest price I paid for the super minor simple service is 470+.

What failed: radiator.

I'll show you sample of the recent service bill.

From Volkswagen Centre Singapore:

Good day Mr ***

Here are the INITIAL finding quotes for today:

1.Radiator coolant (leak) $896

2.Rear discs brake and pads (left 5mm) $614

3.Air vent hose (crack/air leak) $154

4.Front RH parking bulb (blow) $12

5.Battery (aftermarket) $439

6.90K Service $413

If everthing goes well, additional job will be complete latest by Wednesday at 3.00PM.

Kindly please acknowledge this SMS to proceed the repair.

Thank you.

Hatta

***All quotes with labour and GST

***2 years warranty is only valid for all parts replaced

(less wear and tear parts) provided if regular servicing and maintenance are done with VW without any

modifications or chip tuning on ECU.

Hope this helps you.

For what it's worth, the TSi is the most solid engine ever. The dual super and turbo charge 160ps is simply great for overtaking. No worries on engine reliability.

What you should worry about is everything else lol.

bulb so ex ? 12 dollars.

or is this some LED type?

My friend just collected his Jetta in Feb this year. No juddering and drove to malacca twice liao

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 2