Is wise to buy a new 2015 Jetta now

redkenken

Supercharged
(edited)

If I were to buy a jetta, it is not for the brand but for the looks and space.. IMO, Jetta looks better than A3 and the space is slightly better..

the dsg problem is putting me off.. then again, after they switched to mineral oil and some people remap their TCM to hold gear 1 longer seems to have lesser complains..

if you ask me, I am still not confident with their gb now.. wait longer and see lor..

if there is a jap/korean clone with a 6AT GB, i'll chiong for it..

Edited by Knoobie
↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Car salesman can be trusted 100%....pig can fly...

Asked a vw salesguy abt the DSG problem at a roadshow once. Same std reply: problem solved liao.

Then i ask how come got ppl still comprain abt DSG failure. He say my info outdated n now no more problem. He even claimed that those who post such comments are from their jap car competitors.

Waitaminit......that explains why i recall seeing luncheon meat fly overhead later that day....

• Praise 3

Hypersonic
(edited)

seriously, what do you guys expect a VW salesperson would say?

tell all the customers not to buy, still got problems despite VW's announcement that they have solved the problem with mineral oil?

come on...employees have to toe the corporate line or quit

just do your own due diligence and manage your own expectations should you buy a VW

Edited by Enye
  • Praise 2

Malaysia VW launching recent new car with 6-speed Auto.

Malaysian make a lot more noises than us.

Nope Malaysia is a market WAY bigger than us. Simple $ and cents. The number of cars that can be sold there is the sky is the limit. Here the ceiling is a piece of paper called COE!

Turbocharged

You can trust the scu salesman. Car salesman very honest one and normally know more about their products than the customer.

when i ask why the rebate so low for their non guaranteed package (just said to kachiow only) and one WV SE can even tell me they can't control amount to bid since it's controlled by LTA thus their non guaranteed coe deal rebate is low but no worries since vw will ensure even non guaranteed package will get coe one... [confused]

i almost fainted... [laugh]

(edited)

when i ask why the rebate so low for their non guaranteed package (just said to kachiow only) and one WV SE can even tell me they can't control amount to bid since it's controlled by LTA thus their non guaranteed coe deal rebate is low but no worries since vw will ensure even non guaranteed package will get coe one... [confused]

It is like saying it is ok for you to run naked on the beach would not get sun burn one but at the back putting on tons of SPF+50 lotion. lol

Edited by Waterh2o

leasing a 7-spd DSG still can breakdown wat...... [:p]

yah.. but chances are that TS dont have to bear the repair cost

n probably the dealer will issue a replacement car foc

Actually it's easy to see why TS and many others are tempted. 1 search for price bracket $110-$120k yielded results like Chevy Sonic, Honda City, Hyundai Elantra, Kia K3, Corolla Altis, Mazda 3 and Subaru Impreza.

I have also made the switch from Japanese to VW few years ago. I'm driving a Passat now, and it's the longest that I have ever owned any car. Still gives me great pleasure to drive compared to my previous cars including a Rush and Corolla E120. The only car that can compare to this is an EG6 that I've owned for a little over 2 years. Gives me much joy to drive, though eventually I had to sell off for the Corolla due to family. the EG6 also had many problems and went to workshop often, but I had much love for it still. Every now and then when I see one now, will still bring back fond memories.

Anyway, if I'm on a lookout for a car between $110-$120k, I will get the Jetta based on the options that I have. Unless I can find a MIJ or MIK sedan that offers similar specs at this price bracket.

Just my own opinion. Ok, VW bashers can fall in now.

• Praise 5

Neutral Newbie

I am driving a 2011 Jetta now and so far, the gear box has been fine.

My advice is that as long as you stay away from the Sport Version of any Volkswagen car, your gear box should be ok.

Wah sey! This one really champion.

Quote : " vw will ensure even non guaranteed package will get coe one", can ask them put in the contract?

Hypersonic

Again most of the replied here are hear say..........my friend said one....my friend friend said one....forum said one.........

Not a actual VW owner

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

Quote : " vw will ensure even non guaranteed package will get coe one", can ask them put in the contract?

VW prices are 6 bids non guaranteed

no such thing as guaranteed package add another $X nonsense

personal experience was 1 bid get coe

(edited)

Again most of the replied here are hear say..........my friend said one....my friend friend said one....forum said one.........

Not a actual VW owner

But the thing is this, take my example. I know 2 guys with VW. 1 with the 7 Spd Dry and 1 with the 6 Spd Wet. The 6 spd guy whack car very hard but no problems in 3 years with GB, the 7 Spd guy complain until want to cry.

I not allowed to comment on VW threads on this issue then?

I also thought this issue was quite hot-air due to hear-say hear-say. Then I went to the official VW facebook site and was quite surprised by what I saw there which seems to indicate they do have more than their fair share of problems.

Edited by Ake109
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

GB break, car can still move? no right? so it DOES break car.

"jus inconvenience"?! dun understand why people no think of possible consequences one leh <_<

stalling on the roads is just inconvenient to you? sure, if no vehicle bang u and/or ur stalled car.

so depending on your luck/karma, "jus inconvenience" can turn into jus die/paralysed/severely injured,

especially if you stall on expressways.

maybe you fatalistic, "die die lor"...hope you dun carry passengers who if end up dying/coma/paralysed,

you'll regret till end of life siah.

optimism is good, but not when you do not consider the worst case scenario.

Brudder Maroon5 meant no harm la.

Chill bro.

But the thing is this, take my example. I know 2 guys with VW. 1 with the 7 Spd Dry and 1 with the 6 Spd Wet. The 6 spd guy whack car very hard but no problems in 3 years with GB, the 7 Spd guy complain until want to cry.

I not allowed to comment on VW threads on this issue then?

I also thought this issue was quite hot-air due to hear-say hear-say. Then I went to the official VW facebook site and was quite surprised by what I saw there which seems to indicate they do have more than their fair share of problems.

Sorry bro, still 'my friend say one'.

[:p][laugh]

• Praise 1

Sorry bro, still 'my friend say one'.

[:p][laugh]

Orh, then I change to 'VW Facebook page' say one can?

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

There's no smoke without fire.

Whether VW really have resolved the 7 speed DSG problem, only they themselves know. The salesman here need to make a living so of course they will say it's resolved.

As long as you know what you are getting into then go ahead to get it.

For me, when I buy a new car I would expect it to serve me well and be reliable for the first 3 years at least and not thinking at the back of my head when the gearbox will break down.

Hi All,

I admit that I am attracted by Jetta because it is a Europe car and the current offered price is very attractive too. it is spacious and the boot is huge. However, when I went through all the threads, it seems it got a terrible history. I have a few questions:

1) the 7 speed gear box- when I checked with the sales, he told me it is not an issue any more for those 2015 Jetta. How likely I can trust him? he told me the sales figure is good this year.

2) Currently WV only offers 3 years warranty for the gear box now. After the warranty, the sales told me it is about 2K+ to replace it. If I want to keep this car after 3 years, Do I have to budget this 2K+ every year based on the information given by some brothers in this forum.

3) Besides this gear box issue, Is there any other main issue for this model?

The sales kept telling me that I don't need to worry about it any more since WV has fixed it for the year 2015 model. if it is still a concern to me, he suggested me that I can sell it just before end of the 3rd years.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

the audi a4 2.0 T is popular for having mechatronic unit problem, or some time speed sensor problem.

just changeing those parts cost about 4k at AD,

outside around 1k cheaper.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1