Is wise to buy a new 2015 Jetta now

redkenken

I thought the current a6 use multitronic. Ie cvt. Other than the quattro version.

Actually a6 is by far the most common older audi on the road. I see all 3 generations on a frequent basis. Compared to the a4 or a3.

I assumed they were more reliable cos quite a few of them are on cvt.

Possible. Plus it is really a very comfortable and nice looking car. I like the interior very much too.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic

Possible. Plus it is really a very comfortable and nice looking car. I like the interior very much too.

I like the last generation more than the current generation. My type of look.

Hypersonic

i wont say VERY RICH , but a normal A6 or A7 , owner monthly income should have 8k to 5 figure?

8k can own A6?

Imagine chiong a u-turn and the gearbox breaks down.... He he he

I think that would be a nightmare for anyone in any vehicle!

A7 this model still less than 3 yr old right?

How come so fast out of warranty?

From what i heard, just passed the 3 yrs mark. Again, this my fren's fren. I just listen only...

Turbocharged

From what i heard, just passed the 3 yrs mark. Again, this my fren's fren. I just listen only...

OIC. I think if just cross 3rd yr mark, can still cham siong provided he didn't mod the car.

my ride 1 yr past the warranty period but they waived the repair cost but mine is just a minor repair. nothing about the engine or gb.

TS, you have how many days leave?

There were two A6s at my place. Both times saw the Audi Assist Q5 come by. Within 1-2 yrs, one changed to Merc E-class n another buy Lexus GS. Hmmmm.....wonder why?

hmmm..maybe i shd change to audi...I 3 yrs no change car al....cos car still v gd....kns

:omg::omg:

Supersonic

hmmm..maybe i shd change to audi...I 3 yrs no change car al....cos car still v gd....kns

:omg::omg:

U dun always waste COE can or not? Buy car then use it as parking lot decoration one.

what does your willingness to buy a Jetta have to do with the potentially deadly consequence of GB breaking down and

stalling your car on the road, especially on expressways?

they are 2 separate and independent issues.

when/how did i whack you to death?

i only expressed my honest views that what you deem as "jus inconveniences" can be much much more serious.

have you never heard/read about deaths due to vehicles ramming stationary cars?

nah: http://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore-news/victims-injuries-leave-judge-shaken-prosecution-calls-maximum-jail-time

even judge see the injuries photos oso stunned.

but if you say, car stalled on road is perfectly safe (coz maybe you can somehow generate a force-field around it and you+passengers),

then i really nothing more to say.

i thk if u wanna touch on the final destination type scenarios, a Honda takata airbag can explode in your face or a Toyota accelerator can send u plunging down a mscp.

anyw im not jetta fanboy, the only vw that turns me is the GTI. but its jus like I say, at this price point its worth a consider because if it were equipped with a hassle free gb, it will be selling at higher price. so some give and take there.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

There's no smoke without fire.

Whether VW really have resolved the 7 speed DSG problem, only they themselves know. The salesman here need to make a living so of course they will say it's resolved.

As long as you know what you are getting into then go ahead to get it.

For me, when I buy a new car I would expect it to serve me well and be reliable for the first 3 years at least and not thinking at the back of my head when the gearbox will break down.

Only 3???

• Praise 1

Supercharged

come to think of it, I think in other countries their Jetta does comes with 6sp wet DSG..

what are the chances of getting those in SG?

So what income can own a6 since 8k cannot?

As a simple rule of thumb, to balance between expense and saving for future, one should buy a car that is equal or less than 1 year of salary. So, if someone make 8k per month, it is around 104k a year, buy Altis lah, if one make $200k a year, then, no problem to buy A6.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

As a simple rule of thumb, to balance between expense and saving for future, one should buy a car that is equal or less than 1 year of salary. So, if someone make 8k per month, it is around 104k a year, buy Altis lah, if one make $200k a year, then, no problem to buy A6.

Good guide. But hor, I'm not surprised if many of the luxury Conti r bought w 2-3 yrs worth of annual salary.

Supercharged

Maybe it means that Audi owners all very rich. Spoilt just repair, wont come online to complain.

No.

Spoil just change to another car...

ok... it's my friend....

Yes, he is rich.

• Praise 1