Is wise to buy a new 2015 Jetta now

redkenken

How can be car not a necessity?

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2698802-is-car-necessary-in-singapore/

Whose future? Yours or Children?

necessity means that you cannot survive without it. Oxygen is a necessity, food is necessity. But Wagyu beef is not a necessity. You can go around in Singapore with public transport like bus, MRT, taxi without problem. You prefer to use car because it is provide more convenience or more pride. I know many friends and colleagues that does not own a car in Singapore. I did not have a car for 2 years and can get around without issues.

I prefer to have car because - I can afford it (I spend less than 1 year of salary on car), it save me about 1 hour+ per working day and I have enough for retirement.

But if you are not sure you have enough money to retire, then, think about investing your money rather than spending it. At the end, it is your choice.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

What type of price they quote yoU?is it really that attractive?

118,000 with guaranteed COE. it is quite attractive for me when I saw a VW car with such price. VW was a very reliable brand to me in the past.

118,000 with guaranteed COE. it is quite attractive for me when I saw a VW car with such price. VW was a very reliable brand to me in the past.

I think VW should switch to use the 6 sp wet clutch. A lot more people will buy VW. I am also hesitate to buy VW with 7sp dry clutch. No doubt about that Jetta is attractively priced.

Supersonic

I think VW should switch to use the 6 sp wet clutch. A lot more people will buy VW. I am also hesitate to buy VW with 7sp dry clutch. No doubt about that Jetta is attractively priced.

Chicken & egg issue. If use 6spd wet clutch & more ppl buy, they might not lelong at 118k liao.

Supercharged

choosing a car is like choosing a gf..

people will tell you to choose one that can cook, can do chores, well mannered..

end of the day, you still envy those whose gf with longer legs, bigger chest and rounder bum..

:D:D

• Praise 5

necessity means that you cannot survive without it. Oxygen is a necessity, food is necessity. But Wagyu beef is not a necessity. You can go around in Singapore with public transport like bus, MRT, taxi without problem. You prefer to use car because it is provide more convenience or more pride. I know many friends and colleagues that does not own a car in Singapore. I did not have a car for 2 years and can get around without issues.

I prefer to have car because - I can afford it (I spend less than 1 year of salary on car), it save me about 1 hour+ per working day and I have enough for retirement.

But if you are not sure you have enough money to retire, then, think about investing your money rather than spending it. At the end, it is your choice.

Radx, please sticky this post.

Ok.if you buy the car, would you be Worried?

You already answer your own question.

How many VW Jetta knows the diff?

7 sp dry clutch application is for mass mkt application as it costs lesser to produce.

Ok.if you buy the car, would you be Worried?

The more I read, the more I become worried now. it seems I am going to choose other brands to have a peace of mind. I should enjoy my ride instead of worrying about it.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

The more I read, the more I become worried now. it seems I am going to choose other brands to have a peace of mind. I should enjoy my ride instead of worrying about it.

my VW SE just join Tan Cheong. [laugh]

Turbocharged

i believe most ppl who say car is not nessary own a car?

or am i wrong? [laugh]

Maybe because they live in amk and work at bishan area... Come tell me again if they live in punggol and work at jurong area....see the car is a necessary or want... Hehehe

We are glad that this forum has helped you in your decision making

Turbocharged

Huh? Why don't buy?

GERMAN Tech leh. So many bells and whistles compared to boring nippon bare and devoid of gadgets.

Your company annual leave how many?

Neutral Newbie

Hi All,

I admit that I am attracted by Jetta because it is a Europe car and the current offered price is very attractive too. it is spacious and the boot is huge. However, when I went through all the threads, it seems it got a terrible history. I have a few questions:

1) the 7 speed gear box- when I checked with the sales, he told me it is not an issue any more for those 2015 Jetta. How likely I can trust him? he told me the sales figure is good this year.

2) Currently WV only offers 3 years warranty for the gear box now. After the warranty, the sales told me it is about 2K+ to replace it. If I want to keep this car after 3 years, Do I have to budget this 2K+ every year based on the information given by some brothers in this forum.

3) Besides this gear box issue, Is there any other main issue for this model?

The sales kept telling me that I don't need to worry about it any more since WV has fixed it for the year 2015 model. if it is still a concern to me, he suggested me that I can sell it just before end of the 3rd years.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

If outlook and the thought of driving a conti or VW car is always on your mind, just buy it. Then maintenance or reliability shd not be an issue that should be in your mind. Just like Alftis folks, whatever selespeed issues they have, it is still passion. Just get la... if you have the spare cash... think so much.

Turbocharged

Huh? Why don't buy?

GERMAN Tech leh. So many bells and whistles compared to boring nippon bare and devoid of gadgets.

Your company annual leave how many?

Actually, I have many days of leaves, never get to used up all..as of today, I already have 23days balance, not included this year quota..... Maybe I should reconsider this car..lol.....

• Praise 1

I just sold my 1 yr touran tdi due to mu issues. U still wat to buy??? They like to tell lies - the dsg problems will never be resolved. U think only clutch juddering issues??? Yes they improve the clutch design and use mineral oil but I tell u the mechatronics unit is never resolved as spoil easily after 30k and car cannot move. If u so goo du like me and get conned and end up buying Jetta which is even worse as built in Mexico, then I wish you very very good luck. Why do you think vw sell the Jetta so cheap??? No one dare to buy anymore except stupid egoistic ppl who also Kiam and nvr own a vw car before.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4