Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE003

Acegem84

is always good to know what car you are driving , so that we can narrow down the choice to provide you more accurate information.

example if one is driving a Jeep and keep asking around for choice of tire and others keep recommending sedan tires which does not have your Jeep tire size.

Tires are generally divided into 3 main cats 

Passenger / SUV / 4x4

so its boils down to what is your daily applications and expectations

One can put on a 4x4 tire(if the size is compactible ) on his Mercedes S class if he plan to go off road , but the tire will perform not as good as Passenger tire made for street and motorway use.

just MHO

No worries. I have sufficient information to make my choice.

[:)]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I'm driving an Elantra Passenger Car for 1 year 6 mths, Off Peak. I usually use the car at night or weekends and often to malaysia. May i know what's a suitable model i should be looking for? ^_^

Edited by Lla23

I'm driving an Elantra Passenger Car for 1 year 6 mths, Off Peak. I usually use the car at night or weekends and often to malaysia. May i know what's a suitable model i should be looking for? ^_^

Often to malaysia sepang or jb ksl ks ls? This would help with recommending :)

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Often to malaysia sepang or jb ksl ks ls? This would help with recommending :)

Haha Edited by Lla23

Haha ð just JB ksl and bukit indah, just daily errands and grocery shopping. me no racer driver la... by the way, I just change my Elantra to Kia K3 OPC.

Grats on your new ride and the 17k saved! Stock tires should serve u well for the time being?

Neutral Newbie

Grats on your new ride and the 17k saved! Stock tires should serve u well for the time being?

Thank you bro ^_^ it's just 5 days old. Stock tire is Nexen. So u think I should keep it for a while?

Thank you bro ^_^ it's just 5 days old. Stock tire is Nexen. So u think I should keep it for a while?

No harm giving a good run of up to 40k, leading up to the mileage or 2 years mark if really bth then throw some money for some new shoes haha

Neutral Newbie

No harm giving a good run of up to 40k, leading up to the mileage or 2 years mark if really bth then throw some money for some new shoes haha

Ah ok, I'll keep in mind once I reach 40k mileage or 2 years. Thank u !!

Is RE003 good?

Changed from RE002 to RE003 during the recent Bridgestone promotion. So far have done 3,500kms on the RE003s. Quite happy. 

Have used RE001, RE002 and now RE003 as I have a preference for firm sidewall and good feedback. So have been sticking to this particular range of tyres. Good enough for my needs. 

where to change currently on 205/55/16 

Changed from RE002 to RE003 during the recent Bridgestone promotion. So far have done 3,500kms on the RE003s. Quite happy. 

Have used RE001, RE002 and now RE003 as I have a preference for firm sidewall and good feedback. So have been sticking to this particular range of tyres. Good enough for my needs. 

is bridgestone tires too firm on it sidewall?

I prefer tyres with firm sidewall so have been sticking with Bridgestone Potenzas.

Used CSC2 and CSC5 before but still prefer Bridgestone. 

Hi Guys,

Am back. Using RE003 235/35/19 all around Made in Indonesia. On a budget this time round and I was using MPSS just before this.

Here's what I have to say after 2500km on this tire.

RE003 has stiffer sidewalls than MPSS and F1A2 which gives the car very good control and feel. I can feel my Bilsteins working to their potential while transitioning from left to right, example S bends.

Lacks stopping power/distance especially on late braking, but easily overcomes with high lateral grip. Lateral grip cannot be compared to MPSS. Meaning cornering speed is much higher than RE003, if were to take a corner at 70km/h on RE003 I can easily do 90km/h on MPSS but the sidewall on MPSS has too much flex that it lacks control.

Drifting on RE003 is a lot easier in terms of control and at lower speeds.

High speed stability is better than Pzero Silver. Due to stiffer sidewalls, I drive at higher speeds with RE003 than MPSS due to the ability to feel. MPSS feels spongy yet grippy.

On rainy days like couple of weeks ago, I can say it has been enjoyable because it has good control, but do not expect to grip as well as F1A2 in the WET. Handbrake turns are quite difficult for this tire as the front loses grip fair easily, so do not try hard or late braking on this tire when wet.

Well, over for the budget of under $1k for all 4s I would say, it is a GOOD buy if you are always burning tire doing drifts and all.

Also this tire heats up a lot quicker compared to other performance tires that I have used.

I may buy it again or try the new PZERO RO1 which comes in my size.

Note: I notice that RE003 feels different in different sizes. I recommended to my boss on his VIOS wearing 15/16 inch rims. It is definitely softer as I was pressing on the sidewalls. Also, his car controls better and stops better wet or dry. Pretty impressive.

So I guess is the application you are using the tires for.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1