How to do car ownership transfer

Hi,

I am purchasing a car from my elder brother.

Car still has loan and I am taking over the loan/instalments and full ownership of the vehicle.

Is there any agents whom are experts in handling cases like that?

No bankruptcy or bad loans on anyone of us.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Hi,

Car still has loan and I am taking over the loan/instalments and full ownership of the vehicle.

I don't think u can directly take over the loan. Need to pay up in full (check prepayment penalty) and then take a new loan. I may be wrong though.

maybe this can help http://connect.sgcarmart.com/

Hypersonic

Hi,

Cannot just take over loan. Since he's your brother you might as well pay him monthly. Just don't play him out 😂😂😂

Turbocharged

Impossible to transfer ownership of the vehicle at LTA without repaying the existing loan in full. It will be reflected in the system that the car is still on loan. I also suggest you pay your brother monthly and use the car without transferring ownership.

Supersonic

Since he is your brother, no need to transfer ownership and just pay him monthly the remaining car loan. Save many trouble. Lol.

Since he is your brother, no need to transfer ownership and just pay him monthly the remaining car loan. Save many trouble. Lol.

亲兄弟, 明算账. Don't forget, a lot of conflicts all because of money issue. [shakehead]

But I trust my siblings and for me, there won't be a need to change ownership. Wonder whats the cost involved?

Turbocharged

Contrary to what most forumers recommend , I would suggest to do a proper transfer.

Its not just the monetary trust involved , but the fact that the elder brother is still the registered insured of the car, he has to take responsibility should anything happens , not to mention that if there are any traffic violations or summons , he will be the presumed offender unless he names another person as driver .

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie