Toshiba leaving Singapore end of May 2015

Stooky

Supercharged

I have a 12 year old aircon and a 3 year old LED TV from Toshiba. If spolit how....? <_<[sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

In accordance with car forum.

Buy Car from PI scare they ran road. Buy electrical appliances also scare that company ran road. Take heart to those members that just brought TV, air con, fridge etc.

• Praise 1

Bloody jap.. WW2 deny.. now aftersales service also wanna run road..

How does Toshiba leaving Singapore link to WW2 and all?

Different lah deh..

Quality too good that's why nobody buying?

Like Sony in the yesteryears. Then Sony farked itself up and made everything in China. I remember my last Sony product was a discman that broke on the final night of warranty. Pissed me off TTM. From then on I never touched a Sony crap again.

I used to use Sony HP too, until the smartphone era, when they no longer produced something worth getting, so I changed to another S brand from Korea. Quite good leh, the first S.. Lasted me through many bounces on the floor, and allowed me to Skype my then GF who was overseas on exchange.. So now, still sticking to the Korean S...

Saw the Sony Xperia and tested it a few times, but no feel..

• Praise 1

Supersonic

My best memory of Toshiba was buying a crt colour tv and winning a prize, a washing machine and fridge.

Sadly the tv didn't last long.

After multiple repairs, I junked it and replaced with Samsung lcd tv.

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

So many European brands also died also, Normende, Graetz, Siera, Telefunken, Saba, SchaubLorenz, RCA and our own home brands like Setron and Acma also went the same way, even Thomson also pulled out but from time to time i see some of their products too; This days no brand can last a life time....though watches brands work differently

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

got warehouse sale? i need new tv

I have a toshiba washing machine ...

If they have warehouse clearance sales, pls let me know :))

For 50% discount, worth buying ... last a few years already worth liao :))

• Praise 3

Maybe Mockngbrd misread as "Toshibra".....and from his profile picture, I don't think he will settle for "B"

This brother minimum requirement is "C" cup, his famous signature marking many C's :grin:

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I have a Toshiba system 4 aircon at home. Its compressor is made in Japan, FCUs in Thailand.

Yeah! same here! my air con also Toshiba. The only reason why i bought it is the MIJ compressor.........

Turbocharged
(edited)

Is it possible that Philips will be the next one to follow ? After all they are in the same industry.

Don't think so, Philips still quite strong, esp their maternal appliances. I got a lot of Philips stuff at home. Toshiba on the other hand? I got none.

But in terms of laptops and peripherals, thought they are still not too bad. They built elevators and lifts too. Those how?

[EDIT]

Ok I reread, they only withdrawing their TV and home appliances unit. The rest still stays. So you can still buy your Toshiba thumbdrives, flashcards and laptops.

After sales service and warranty still cover.

Edited by Pocus

Is it possible that Philips will be the next one to follow ? After all they are in the same industry.

...heard that their tv division has been sold?

Supercharged

my current Toshiba tv running 3 years +... but I have the idea that their products quite ever lasting.. since my parents era..

Yes, Toshiba is pretty durable. My Toshiba LCD TV still going strong after 7 years. Wanted to change to latest LED, but why waste money.

Toshiba air con also still working after 7 years.

↡ Advertisement