Toshiba leaving Singapore end of May 2015

Stooky

What about Grundig?

I remember when my dad bought the TV from his friend who is a retailer.

It was a piece of junk that broke down numerous times within 2 years of ownership. Eventually, we got rid of it and bought a Philips flat screen TV that lasted us for 10 years.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

exactly. my bro in law got a 32" (or a 29") for $3K+ last year and I was thinking, with that price, you should have gotten a 46" with a lot of spare change.... [hur]

Loewe I think supplies to the Spanish royalty, macam Harrods do it for the British Queen. People buy it just to look atas more than the technology or features of the product.

Hypersonic

i have the Toshiba washing machine. More than 7 years still running solid! Japs rock!

It's probably made in Thailand...haha.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Quality too good that's why nobody buying?

Like Sony in the yesteryears. Then Sony farked itself up and made everything in China. I remember my last Sony product was a discman that broke on the final night of warranty. Pissed me off TTM. From then on I never touched a Sony crap again.

I also had the Sony TV and hi-fi system failed just after warranty in the early 90s.

My replacement MIJ Panasonic TV was very lasting which I had used for more than 10yrs till replaced by Samsung LCD.

Supersonic

What about this brand called "Telefunken"? Anyone remember?

Had a Telefunken TV many years back. :D POS, broke down quickly.

Loewe I think supplies to the Spanish royalty, macam Harrods do it for the British Queen. People buy it just to look atas more than the technology or features of the product.

So, basically, like Vertu?

• Praise 1

Supersonic

No more Toshiba products in SG soon

thot they close shop long time liao. u mean they still around??......

Turbocharged

I have a Toshiba laptop brought donkey years ago. Jest recently upgraded from Vista to window 7. Toshiba very reliable lah.

Bought a Toshiba Satellite 5015 laptop in 2002. Awesome screen. First laptop with a GeForce GPU. Had a clear LCD as a touchpad and you can activate lots of functions right on the touchpad itself (bit gimmicky... totally useless :p) Had a sweet Harman-Kardon speaker with a tiny sub on the bottom. Oh and the screen! Damn bright, great viewing angles, fantastic resolution for that time.

http://www.cnet.com/products/toshiba-satellite-5105-s607-15-p4-m-win-xp-home-512-mb-ram-40-gb-hdd-series/

It was the only Windows laptop for which I managed to get back at least 50% of the cost after using for 2 years.

Every other Windows OEM had to give away or scrap for pittance.

• Praise 1

Bought a Toshiba Satellite 5015 laptop in 2002. Awesome screen. First laptop with a GeForce GPU. Had a clear LCD as a touchpad and you can activate lots of functions right on the touchpad itself (bit gimmicky... totally useless :p) Had a sweet Harman-Kardon speaker with a tiny sub on the bottom. Oh and the screen! Damn bright, great viewing angles, fantastic resolution for that time.

http://www.cnet.com/products/toshiba-satellite-5105-s607-15-p4-m-win-xp-home-512-mb-ram-40-gb-hdd-series/

It was the only Windows laptop for which I managed to get back at least 50% of the cost after using for 2 years.

Every other Windows OEM had to give away or scrap for pittance.

yeah, their Satellite and TEcras also damn rock solid

Hypersonic

What about this brand called "Telefunken"? Anyone remember?

Classic. I remember seeing those that change channel by turning a knob.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

knn u all lucky i bz moving hse today... ccb pap

Wah. Finally moving in new house? Reno finished?

Gongxi gongxi!!! CCB PAP!!!

Turbocharged

At home I got a few TV sets. LG, Samsung, Toshiba. So far Toshiba most reliable.

Precisely because it is reliable that's why it doesn't sell much.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2