Question on buying 2nd hand company van

Nekigosu

Hypersonic

Even now a paper for Motocycle also costed $6500. :omg:

What paper? Now COE also never give you a Certificate Of Entitlement. Just go online to see and print yourself.

↡ Advertisement

I was actually looking for those more than 10 years van lol

new vans very expensive =(

but people told me toyota liteace quite durable and problem free?

Any used vehicle is sure to have some wear and tear requiring repair or replacements.

Generally speaking, those older Japanese vans (pre-Euro 4 and non-turbo engine) are very hardy and unless badly abused, engine or gearbox problems quite unlikely. Common parts which will require replacement at some time or other include clutch, radiator, water pump, fuel pump, alternator and various suspension components. Not all of them will fail if at all, but you'll need to set aside some money for repairs, especially if you want to minimize down time since you're running a business.

If you're not very familiar with vans, you should get someone who knows about such vehicles to go with you when you go shopping. Even better if you can get a mechanic to go with you. Such people will be able to advise you on what needs to be changed and thus help you in bargaining with the seller.

Twincharged

Over 10 years old Vans,you want to find low mileage,never abused very very difficult.[like finding a needle in the Sea] [bigcry] Workers usually never take care of Vans...

I was initially looking to rent but after checking around even renting a van also so expensive around $1400 to $1500 every month

Twincharged

I was initially looking to rent but after checking around even renting a van also so expensive around $1400 to $1500 every month

Well,if the van is quite new,why not rent.?At least,no worries about road tax & insurance,also maintainence...buying a too old van,is like a "Tickling time bomb",sometime almost 2 weeks go workshop once,troublesome & downtime also..

Well,if the van is quite new,why not rent.?At least,no worries about road tax & insurance,also maintainence...buying a too old van,is like a "Tickling time bomb",sometime almost 2 weeks go workshop once,troublesome & downtime also..

have to find rental companies that rents out relatively new van

Twincharged
(edited)

have to find rental companies that rents out relatively new van

Can find, no problem...go for long term,like leasing,cheaper.

Edited by ER-3682

Can find, no problem...go for long term,like leasing,cheaper.

you got any van rental companies to recommend?