2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

With the current Subaru Forester (launched in Q1 2013), 2 years old and the most popular Subaru car in 2014, I'm surprised that I can't even find a thread on it, so I'm starting one here.   [drivingcar]

Are there any recent buyers who would like to share their views or recent purchasing experiences?   [laugh]

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=12527

Motor Image Enterprises, the exclusive distributor of Subaru in the region, announced that Subaru vehicle sales in Singapore grew by 210 percent in 2014 (January 2014 - December 2014), jumping from 201 units in 2013, to 623 units in 2014. The award-winning Subaru Forester, which was launched in the first quarter of 2013, is the highest-selling Subaru vehicle in Singapore.  

Growth was also experienced across various markets with Taiwan and Malaysia experiencing a 44 percent and 24 percent increase in sales in 2014 (January 2014 - December 2014) respectively. 

At the same time, Consumer Reports, an independent organisation that publishes reviews and comparisons of consumer products, announced that Subaru won the Consumer Reports Top Picks of 2015 in three categories. In addition, Subaru was ranked 5th overall in the automotive brand ranking. 

The Subaru vehicles that won the Top Picks of 2015 are as follows:

• Compact car: Subaru Impreza

• Mid-sized sedan: Subaru Legacy

• Small SUV: Subaru Forester
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 8

With the current Subaru Forester (launched in Q1 2013), 2 years old and the most popular Subaru car in 2014, I'm surprised that I can't even find a thread on it, so I'm starting one here. [drivingcar]

Are there any recent buyers who would like to share their views or recent purchasing experiences? [laugh]

those guys had already migrated to the FB side...a lot of new to present foresters there......

can check it out..

• Praise 4

With the current Subaru Forester (launched in Q1 2013), 2 years old and the most popular Subaru car in 2014, I'm surprised that I can't even find a thread on it, so I'm starting one here. [drivingcar]

Are there any recent buyers who would like to share their views or recent purchasing experiences? [laugh]

http://www.sgcarmart.com/news/article.php?AID=12527

Motor Image Enterprises, the exclusive distributor of Subaru in the region, announced that Subaru vehicle sales in Singapore grew by 210 percent in 2014 (January 2014 - December 2014), jumping from 201 units in 2013, to 623 units in 2014. The award-winning Subaru Forester, which was launched in the first quarter of 2013, is the highest-selling Subaru vehicle in Singapore.

Growth was also experienced across various markets with Taiwan and Malaysia experiencing a 44 percent and 24 percent increase in sales in 2014 (January 2014 - December 2014) respectively.

At the same time, Consumer Reports, an independent organisation that publishes reviews and comparisons of consumer products, announced that Subaru won the Consumer Reports Top Picks of 2015 in three categories. In addition, Subaru was ranked 5th overall in the automotive brand ranking.

The Subaru vehicles that won the Top Picks of 2015 are as follows:

• Compact car: Subaru Impreza

• Mid-sized sedan: Subaru Legacy

• Small SUV: Subaru Forester

2013 Forester consecutively award the best Compact SUV in USA,

it's only Conti performance Japanese SUV, TC Boxer engine, Symmetrical AWD, unfortunately its OMV too low less than 20k

• Praise 6

am looking for a simple reliable and safe car; Subaru is my top choice.

Waiting patiently for the facelift Impreza to arrive in July, or legacy in April this year.

• Praise 3

the facelifted impreza in july would likely cost more? it would be affected by the CEVS rebate?

am looking for a simple reliable and safe car; Subaru is my top choice.

Waiting patiently for the facelift Impreza to arrive in July, or legacy in April this year.

which is rather strange. the XV has a higher OMV than the non turbo forester. anyone knows why?

also, low OMV means that Subaru is able to manufacture such a high quality product cheaply? why can they do so when other makes can't do it?

2013 Forester consecutively award the best Compact SUV in USA,

it's only Conti performance Japanese SUV, TC Boxer engine, Symmetrical AWD, unfortunately its OMV too low less than 20k

• Praise 2

which is rather strange. the XV has a higher OMV than the non turbo forester. anyone knows why?

also, low OMV means that Subaru is able to manufacture such a high quality product cheaply? why can they do so when other makes can't do it?

I think Subaru most experience on TC engine, but no experience on NA engine, so XV has higher manufacture cost :D

• Praise 4

but i'm comparing it with the non TC 2.0l engine of forester, still XV is 16k+ vs 14k+ for that 2.0l forester.

I think Subaru most experience on TC engine, but no experience on NA engine, so XV has higher manufacture cost :D

• Praise 1

Hi Bros,

Just a Q to ask,

what is the current scrap value after 10 years of drive based on (no more 55%) ?

Dep per year is getting higher higher this days.

• Praise 4

u mean for forester XT or 2.0il?

depends on purchase price. for the 2.0il, there was a good deal before the last coe, 122,800, depreciation would have been 11.5k. at the 129,800, its 12.2k. for the forester xt at 137,800, annual depreciation is around 12.9k, close to 13k already.

the only good thing of a low OMV is that after 10 years, can consider renewing if the car really can last. haha.

Hi Bros,

Just a Q to ask,

what is the current scrap value after 10 years of drive based on (no more 55%) ?

Dep per year is getting higher higher this days.

the facelifted impreza in july would likely cost more? it would be affected by the CEVS rebate?

Looking at Subaru pricing strategy, which is almost double that of altis or camry ($8,000 to $10,000 gross profit per car), Impreza will never come cheap given tan chong has other volume seller nissan to support its earnings base.

Looking at Subaru pricing strategy, which is almost double that of altis or camry ($8,000 to $10,000 gross profit per car), Impreza will never come cheap given tan chong has other volume seller nissan to support its earnings base.

if i remember correctly, the impreza was sold at 99.8k 2 weeks back before the coe jumped.

but even the current basic one is sold at 133,800 as well.

I understand that the face lifted Forester is coming. Price seems steep though, $134,800 for basic version.

I am exploring the Forester 2.0 non-turbo version.
Hope to hear existing owner on the good and bad for this car.
Thanks.

• Praise 5

got this from AD the other day.

2.0(A) - $128,800

20.XT(A) (2015) - $141,800

Things to note for the Forester.

1. AWD - higher fuel & maintenance costs

2. CVT - Helps to mitigate fuel costs.. but driving dynamics different.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7