2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

collected my 2.0i today. saw another bro collecting his forester while waiting for my SE.

one question to ask, since the road disc is not given by SE but road tax is already paid, is the road tax disc sending to my home directly? or need to call LTA?

Congrats!! I received my disc after 4 working days from car collection.

↡ Advertisement

Congrats to those bros collected the new cars :a-good:

Hope you can share some pictures of the interior especially on the leather color... My SE told me standard come with black leathers which I thought not outstanding and doesn't matches the car. Not sure if anyone has installed difference color. [bigcry]

Congrats to those bros collected the new cars :a-good:

Hope you can share some pictures of the interior especially on the leather color... My SE told me standard come with black leathers which I thought not outstanding and doesn't matches the car. Not sure if anyone has installed difference color. [bigcry]

Yes, can change color as long as the leather seats are retrofitted locally.

Go negotiate with your SE, either a top up is required or even at no cost if you can nego your way through.

Cheers.

Edited by Micb

Just got XT delivered late last week. Clocked 150km already and enjoying it. Huge gap up in refinement over my previous SG9 2.5T, although power is lacking. The familiar and reassuring symmetrical AWD is still there. Sound insulation is not good as I can hear every bike that passes by and tyre noise is apparent as well - any cost effective solution, please?

Can someone PM me on how I can be added to the forester/xv whatsapp group to join?

Any recommendations for paint protection systems? Mine's pearl white, so keen to slap on something for ease of maintenance. Never done this before as all previous cars were silver/grey (easy to maintain).

Heard good reviews about Groomers Lab - any experience with them? Thanks.

Turbocharged

Any recommendations for paint protection systems? Mine's pearl white, so keen to slap on something for ease of maintenance. Never done this before as all previous cars were silver/grey (easy to maintain).

Heard good reviews about Groomers Lab - any experience with them? Thanks.

Also considering them. Not cheap leh. Will see what happens.

So have you decided what car you want?

haha... pick up liao

Edited by 7hm

Also considering them. Not cheap leh. Will see what happens.

haha... pick up liao

So at the end you still decide on the Forester XT.

Not going for the Mondeo..which definitely better equip.

Just got XT delivered late last week. Clocked 150km already and enjoying it. Huge gap up in refinement over my previous SG9 2.5T, although power is lacking. The familiar and reassuring symmetrical AWD is still there.

power lacking? i thought it would be the same if not better, since the CVT is more efficient. are you using intelligent or sport mode?

power lacking? i thought it would be the same if not better, since the CVT is more efficient. are you using intelligent or sport mode?

I also doubt how new 2.0XT can be power lacking than old 2.5XT?

2.0XT: 237bhp/350Nm/CVT, 7.5s Sprint

2.5XT: 230bhp/320Nm/4AT, 7.9s Sprint

More likely is because of CVT.

CVT GB always don't have those push back feeling when step hard on the accelerator.

During my test drive, only when using sport sharp mode than have the strong feeling.

However even if using i mode, if you take note of the speed. it is very fast getting into illegal speed.

The old SG Forester has better power to weight ratio, plus the conventional AT that can take immediate torque increase. Hence it feels powerful. Tuning of the chassis and suspensions also matters. Its basically more like a WRX wagon than a SUV.

SJ forester is more truthful to being a SUV, within suspension and ground clearance tuned more to offroading and countryside. They mated it will CVT to balance power and FC, but took away the fun. But management retain some of it via SI drive and manual mode.

Different philosophy.

But its noted that due to CVT it's towing capacity (not relevant in SG anyway) is reduced compared to its old models.

More likely is because of CVT.

CVT GB always don't have those push back feeling when step hard on the accelerator.

During my test drive, only when using sport sharp mode than have the strong feeling.

However even if using i mode, if you take note of the speed. it is very fast getting into illegal speed.

I agree.... its very easy to exceed the legal limits if not careful.

And I think the perception its not as fast is due to the CVT GB which does not give the car the "push-back" feeling unlike what you will get in a normal GB.

There seems to be a turbo lag between 2500 to 3000rpm as a bro mentioned. I've not exceeded 3000rpm so far so don't know what lies ahead :blink:

I agree.... its very easy to exceed the legal limits if not careful.

And I think the perception its not as fast is due to the CVT GB which does not give the car the "push-back" feeling unlike what you will get in a normal GB.

There seems to be a turbo lag between 2500 to 3000rpm as a bro mentioned. I've not exceeded 3000rpm so far so don't know what lies ahead :blink:

When I saw the torque curve, the max torque of 350Nm seems to be from 2400rpm to around 3600rpm....

How can the turbo lag at 2.5k to 3k.

At 2000rpm, torque is about 300Nm. So I will believe below 2k rpm is the turbo lag.

Let me go home tonight and get a shot of the torque curve from the catalog.

When I saw the torque curve, the max torque of 350Nm seems to be from 2400rpm to around 3600rpm....

How can the turbo lag at 2.5k to 3k.

At 2000rpm, torque is about 300Nm. So I will believe below 2k rpm is the turbo lag.

Let me go home tonight and get a shot of the torque curve from the catalog.

Actually you are right. I took it around again last night. The lag seem to built up from 2k onwards, however it's still evident at 2.5k and the boost only hit max at around 3K or more, that's when the car suddenly has that gush of power. You try in tonight to see if you get the same results.

I think the turbo lag is further made obvious by the CVT. However even if the lag, it still seem to be powerful enough to filter lanes and normal commute.

Such lags will only affect those aiming for best timings in Tracking or racing.

Edited by Pocus

Turbocharged

So at the end you still decide on the Forester XT.

Not going for the Mondeo..which definitely better equip.

eh... is Mondeo. Just being a little discreet since this is the Forester thread... :ph34r:

I say my previous SG9 is more fun as its close to 400bhp. Its a sleeper wagon.

The SJ Forester is twin scroll turbo, so actually the lag should be minimum.

Yeah, I was driving in I mode, so indeed more lethargic. My friend has run in his SJ Forester and has driven like a maniac using S and S#...totally transformed- power on demand and responsive. On the NS Highway, it is the best way to test this baby.

For an SUV, this really handles well. I took corners very confidently and she glided across beautifully, sticking like a leech.

I pity those who thinks Subaru is an inferior brand with expensive servicing. They just need to take the first step and experience one & will not look back.

• Praise 4

May I know typically how much discount we can get from MI ontop of the pricelist?

Ty

not much... maybe if u take the max loan and non guaranteed COE can negotiate further, but for me the discount is only a few hundred. for guaranteed COE, u most likely will get it on the first bid if they have ur choice of color in stock.