2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Fuel consumption is always a naggy point, i 7km//litre mostly city driving.

Cruising along expressway brings up the better mileage, anywhere between 11-12km/l. It is afterall a FullTime all wheeldrive. Drivability is good which is most important to me.

↡ Advertisement

Hi all, this is my firs time posting on this forum. Am driving an XT with just over 2k kms and love the handling of the vehicle. The turbo lag is quite obvious as the full torque kicks in at 2400rpm on paper. But to really feel it the vehicle has to be reviving close to 3k rpms. In I mode the turbo does not kick in till a certain speed. Quite obvious from stand still. But in S or S# mode, the turbo kicks in faster. But just to ask fellow XT drivers that when accelerating and the turbo is spooling at 0.4 bars and above, there is a loud swooshing sound that is quite obvious from the driver's side. Is it normal that sound is just the suction from the turbo or is there a leak somewhere? Appreciate the replies.

Just a side note, from picking up the vehicle, I could feel that the vehicle is quite bumpy and on the hard side. Especially when going over humps and highway gaps. It was only recently that when putting in petrol I went to check the tyre pressures that I realise that the pressure was quite high. It was at 270+ kpa on all 4 sides. The recommended pressure was around 230. I dropped it to 240 kpa on all sides and now the bumpiness has reduced by a lot and the car is smoother over humps.

Haha.. I also took my XT a week+ ago.

Even in i-mode, I thought it is quite perky already. I had a fiat bravo tjet and astra gtc before this. All light turbo cars but I still find XT in i-mode relatively brisk.

I hardly need to step beyond 2k to follow traffic. But I may be the odd ones out in the XT group.

I realised that the tyres will pump quite high pressure too. Have yet to adjust yet. I don't recall any type of swoosh sound even when I went to 0.9psi. Hmm.. Maybe the rest can share their experience with you.

Hi all, this is my firs time posting on this forum. Am driving an XT with just over 2k kms and love the handling of the vehicle. The turbo lag is quite obvious as the full torque kicks in at 2400rpm on paper. But to really feel it the vehicle has to be reviving close to 3k rpms. In I mode the turbo does not kick in till a certain speed. Quite obvious from stand still. But in S or S# mode, the turbo kicks in faster. But just to ask fellow XT drivers that when accelerating and the turbo is spooling at 0.4 bars and above, there is a loud swooshing sound that is quite obvious from the driver's side. Is it normal that sound is just the suction from the turbo or is there a leak somewhere? Appreciate the replies.

Just a side note, from picking up the vehicle, I could feel that the vehicle is quite bumpy and on the hard side. Especially when going over humps and highway gaps. It was only recently that when putting in petrol I went to check the tyre pressures that I realise that the pressure was quite high. It was at 270+ kpa on all 4 sides. The recommended pressure was around 230. I dropped it to 240 kpa on all sides and now the bumpiness has reduced by a lot and the car is smoother over humps.

Maybe discount from MI if you drop by? But I am surpised they drop the price by 4k so fast.

Where you get this price from?
I just check sgcartmart and it show $129,800 updated on 11 Sep.

Welcome to the fun side! Drove an Altis for a few years myself. Bet you're going to enjoy your latest ride. Gotten the COE yet? :D

You can PM ur contact and we can get you added to the chat grp.

Hi Bro,

I be expecting to get my FXT by end Sep.....hope to join da Forester chat group if possible.

Many thanks! ^^

looks like with the price drop, sale are gaining traction.

Welcome folks! Enjoy your ride!

Hi all Forester owners and owners to be,

Not here to dampen your mood on modifications. Do read up on the other thread:

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2700072-mte-garage-bartley-biz-personal-experience/

The risk of back firing and loss of warranty with money spent is always there, in exchange of gaining more hp/torque.

If want to mod, perhaps getting a preowned car to experiment will be a better choice ?

Cheers.

Once you start to operate the engine, you would have thrown warranty out of the window.

Such issues happened to all hardcore modders. The guy just happen to choose the wrong tuners to do it.

Edited by Pocus

Welcome to the fun side! Drove an Altis for a few years myself. Bet you're going to enjoy your latest ride. Gotten the COE yet? :D

You can PM ur contact and we can get you added to the chat grp.

I opt for the non guaranteed COE and managed to get it last Wednesday at only one bid. Great to know a former Altis owner. I beleived there will be a different between the two ride.

I opt for the non guaranteed COE and managed to get it last Wednesday at only one bid. Great to know a former Altis owner. I beleived there will be a different between the two ride.

Nice! Definitely different. In between the forester and the altis, I had a Kia, 2hondas and a Ford, all NA vehicles. First turbocharged ride and I'm enjoying it so far. :)

Must be itching to get the ride ya? Hope it arrives soon!

Hi Bro,

I be expecting to get my FXT by end Sep.....hope to join da Forester chat group if possible.

Many thanks! ^^

Congrats! What colour? I'm not the admin, but if you pm your contact, we could get you added in. :)

Where you get this price from?

I just check sgcartmart and it show $129,800 updated on 11 Sep.

i guess it should be non guaranteed package, but MI should be able to deliver within 1 to 3 bids, since their guaranteed package rebate also quite low.

last time when i checked the price, SE did mention for non guaranteed package there is a further 2-3k discount.

my fuel economy (premium not XT) figures for first tank is about 12.5km/1L. morning and evening work route during peak hours (70% highway 30%urban) is about 6.8 to 7.6 L/100km based on trip computer, depending on traffic flow. short trips 100% urban ranges from 8.8 to 11.2 L/KM based on trip computer.

i find that this car is quite efficient when cruising on highway and urban 50 to 60 kmh without too many traffic lights. my driving pattern is following these driving tips shared by hiroshi masuoka.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNCoxaF0mRw

Finally collected my car. Good drive. Grip around corners is good. Body roll is similar to my lancer ex.

Basically regarding the above, all are grey areas. They may not void your warranty. But if any issue arises from the mod you did that is not done by MI, they can don't warrant the damage.

I check Rims yes you can change but the size must be the same (do double check before changing).

Sadly brakes also has to be done with them. I didn't really pinpoint to the exact parts.

Anyone else have anything to share? Cause the brakes aren't sufficient for this kinda weight and power seriously.

They void whole warranty when you mod any part of the car, especially when it is not carried out by them.

Servicing outside, also void warranty.....

Edited by Rantwb

Thanks

So they maybe expecting next COE bidding to drop 3-4k...

lower price maybe higher sales.. and that means more people fighting for COE. haiz...

Does not help that car makers also coming out with new designs..

Read in papers that alot also buying 5 years COE to tahan till COE prices drop and also people buying weekend plates.. all these activities.. one wonders how much can the COE drop?