2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Haha.. Wouldn't it make more sense to just get the 2.0 and spend 1-2k to upgrade the Audio System?

Very strange that people buy a car based on the audio system.

If only The normal 2.0 come with the same sound systems. I was considering the XT not because of the power (redundant to me) but because of the better sound systems.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

If only The normal 2.0 come with the same sound systems. I was considering the XT not because of the power (redundant to me) but because of the better sound systems.

Errr....the sound system is not exactly that light years away compared to the Premium 2.0. It just comes with better brand speakers and an amp that all.

I believe you can get better speakers and Amp outside.

But based on your past few post, I guess not only do you not like the Forester, you seemed to have a strong biased and dislike for Forester or Subaru cars in general.

Oh well, maybe the Hyundai Tuscon or CX5 would suit you better. It's your money dude....cheers.. [wave]

Edited by Pocus

But with the same FC, you have 90% power left untapped.

I was also very into FC, still I guess, so like many, I never thought of getting a Subaru.

Sure, Subaru cars can be considered as ugly, cheap or cheap to some and TBH, I have never considered a FXT. I tested Veloster Turbo, CX-5 and QQ and was on the verge on signing for the 1.2T QQ but at las, the delivery was going to be in Oct/Nov and the 2.0L version was available but cost 12-14k more.

It was a random thought that prompted me to look at the FXT in the showroom. I realised the car looks so much better in real life. Someone should sack the Subaru photographer.

In the end, I realised that this is the cheapest car for its BHP and Torque and that kinda convinced me.

As I go online to learn more about Subaru, I realised I am bought over by their philosophy in car design.

My previous car, Astra GTC, 1.4cc turbo charged engine with about 200Nm torque also 10km/l. Subaru Forester with 240BHP and 350Nm Torque also 10km/l.

I have owned a mx-5, the supposedly best handling budget car. I wasn't impressed. For me, it has been always about torque, torque and more torque. I don't need speed, I need acceleration.

I think driving at peak torque consumes much less power than peak power (peak power is consumed when driving at peak HP).

But if you habitually drive equally fast in the Astra and in the Forester, the Forester clearly has better fuel efficiency considering that it is AWD and weigh much more.

It is like choosing a laptop based on the colour of the free laptop bag it comes with.

Errr....the sound system is not exactly that light years away compared to the Premium 2.0. It just comes with better brand speakers and an amp that all.

But based on your past few post, I guess not only do you not like the Forester, you seemed to have a strong biased and dislike for Forester or Subaru cars in general.

Oh well, maybe the Hyundai Tuscon or CX5 would suit you better. It's your money dude....cheers.. [wave]

It is like choosing a laptop based on the colour of the free laptop bag it comes with.

even if 2.0 comes with Mark levinson system or Macintosh system.. high chance wouldn't buy.. some people 讲爽 only.. got to say the least not important point to justify why don't buy... Why is this so?? Bec the person knows other more important point is true and quite unmatched at this price point of 119k or 127k SUV AWD.

In today's context of 60k coe, and at a price of below 130k.. I really cannot convince myself to get other SUV models that are below 130k.. only other choice is Vezel, Suzuki, Sangyong, Toyota Rush.. but same specs?

Turbocharged

I think driving at peak torque consumes much less power than peak power (peak power is consumed when driving at peak HP).

But if you habitually drive equally fast in the Astra and in the Forester, the Forester clearly has better fuel efficiency considering that it is AWD and weigh much more.

Considering a Forester can make enough power to cruise at 14km/l on highway, I think it's more "efficient" than my old car that has to work at 3,500rpm to cruise at 90km/l [:p]

Considering a Forester can make enough power to cruise at 14km/l on highway, I think it's more "efficient" than my old car that has to work at 3,500rpm to cruise at 90km/l [:p]

Just curious, your new Mondeo is the 2.0T or 1.5T.

In my opinion, the 2 version made a great difference to me. Upon hearing the concert quality (11 speaker) from Superb few years back during my test drive, I have made up my mind that my next car must have such kind of sound quality. Too bad Superb is no longer selling here. I got to look for an alternative. And pls do not recommend me to mod the car. This is out of my preference and noob to that (+ void warranty).

CX5 sound quality only equivalent to Forester XT unless it come with the Bose systems . Not sure their basic model come with that.

As for Tucson, although 6 speaker, upon hearing, I feel that it is a grade above the Forester Premium which I can live with such sound quality although not a wow factor.

Btw, Forester is my 1st choice when I start test driving on SUV. The main concerns that deter me is the lowest OMV with higher insurance & FC as compare with its peer. Tucson is never in my radar until I test drive last week.

Turbocharged

In my opinion, the 2 version made a great difference to me. Upon hearing the concert quality (11 speaker) from Superb few years back during my test drive, I have made up my mind that my next car must have such kind of sound quality. Too bad Superb is no longer selling here. I got to look for an alternative. And pls do not recommend me to mod the car. This is out of my preference and noob to that (+ void warranty).

CX5 sound quality only equivalent to Forester XT unless it come with the Bose systems . Not sure their basic model come with that.

As for Tucson, although 6 speaker, upon hearing, I feel that it is a grade above the Forester Premium which I can live with such sound quality although not a wow factor.

Btw, Forester is my 1st choice when I start test driving on SUV. The main concerns that deter me is the lowest OMV with higher insurance & FC as compare with its peer. Tucson is never in my radar until I test drive last week.

Maybe you can try out the Passat's DYNAUDIO system...

As for Tucson, Hyundai sound systems are surprisingly good. Their engineers are picking out good hardware and tuning it well. It's not about how many drivers are in a speaker, it's about how they produce the sound... for me I am very particular about crispness and treble.

As for Forester's system, it is not bad, fairly strong mids and bass is definitely above average.

Just curious, your new Mondeo is the 2.0T or 1.5T.

2.0 EcoBoost... same output figures as Forester coincidentally (240hp/350Nm)

Edited by 7hm

not encouraging u to get or discouraging u... But all look at annual depreciation.. if forester having Low omv but sell higher and have higher selling price translating to higher depreciation.. then of course not worth it. But at 119 for NA with omv of 15k and 20+% of gross profit.. Compared to others at 130-140+ at 20k omv.. and high 20+% of profit..

anyway omv and ARF is paid to government so seriously why pay more?

But it's yr $$ so u decide what makes u happy

I'm driving an XV but just thought I should ask on this thread too... Anyone knows where I can get subaru touch up paint? Got a small chip from a stone at the lower side of the passenger door yesterday on the expressway.

Went to MI today but they don't sell the touch up paint. Instead they say they will touch up for me during my next servicing which is 5 months away...

Don't forget, higher OMV -> Higher Selling Price -> Higher Loan -> Pay more Interest.

In short, it is not entirely bad to have lower OMW. In this case, The profit margin for FXT is not higher than most other ADs.

not encouraging u to get or discouraging u... But all look at annual depreciation.. if forester having Low omv but sell higher and have higher selling price translating to higher depreciation.. then of course not worth it. But at 119 for NA with omv of 15k and 20+% of gross profit.. Compared to others at 130-140+ at 20k omv.. and high 20+% of profit..

what I know during my test drive, the SE told me that the OMV is 13.8k not 15k. This is even cheaper than a1.5L bread and butter sedan. I understand where you are coming from but due to above concerns I have highlighted earlier and the least attractive look among its peer, I need to think twice.

If Tucson does not reduce its price after few mth, maybe I will get either premium or XT. but none of the brand has my prefer dark blue in colour.

Ty

As many have mentioned before:

OMV, it's low, but the selling price is low too, it's not like MI profit margin very high.

eg. Ford Kuga Trend OMV is 21k but selling for 141K official price. Sure most buyers will get discount price instead of the 141k price, but MI give discount too. So you figure.

Insurance: It's already been debunk Subaru's insurance is the same as other cars of it's class, especially for the Forester and other B&B lineup, I think repeated this at least 3 times liao. Don't believe us just call MI and ask them to quote you.

FC: if peers you mean lower CC lower powered cars, ok fine. Anyway let's not go deeper since it's covered in other post.

Just curious: Besides CX5 and Tuscon, what other cars you looked?

Have you looked at the Ford Kuga? I got a feeling you'll love it,(1) they got decent sound system by Sony, (2) looks nice with correct curves, (3) decent 1.5l turbo engine yet fuel efficient for it's class, (4) has your fav dark blue color. You should go take a look. It's my 2nd choice before I chose the Forester.

Don't place too much emphasis on OMV. Different dealers play differently with the system. Double the OMV doesn't mean you get double. But higher OMV definitely means higher depreciation.

If you wish to "value" a car, better to refer to overseas pricing (UK/US websites), very transparent.

E.g.:

1. Forester XT @ 30k pounds (cheaper than a base BMW 3)

2. QQ 1.2 highest spec @ 24k

3. CX-5 2.0 @ 25k

Compare this against the S$ selling price and you get an idea of "how much car you are really buying per S$".

(of course the features and specs may differ a little, but you get the picture)

SE already told me my insurance is 1.8k. If don't use theirs will need to remove some discount. Tucson SE quote me 1.1k insurance.

Yes Kuga sound systems & handling is good but failed my OC approval due to her complaint that the rear width is smaller (crampy) than forester and Tucson.

Insurance: It's already been debunk Subaru's insurance is the same as other cars of it's class, especially for the Forester and other B&B lineup, I think repeated this at least 3 times liao. Don't believe us just call MI and ask them to quote you.

Just curious: Besides CX5 and Tuscon, what other cars you looked?

Have you looked at the Ford Kuga? I got a feeling you'll love it,(1) they got decent sound system by Sony, (2) looks nice with correct curves, (3) decent 1.5l turbo engine yet fuel efficient for it's class, (4) has your fav dark blue color. You should go take a look. It's my 2nd choice before I chose the Forester.

Edited by Axela72

what I know during my test drive, the SE told me that the OMV is 13.8k not 15k. This is even cheaper than a1.5L bread and butter sedan. I understand where you are coming from but due to above concerns I have highlighted earlier and the least attractive look among its peer, I need to think twice.

If Tucson does not reduce its price after few mth, maybe I will get either premium or XT. but none of the brand has my prefer dark blue in colour.

Ty

But how Subaru make their car omv so long?