2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Send a written complaint higher up.

Removing the window film especially for rear windows run the risk of damaging the defogging function of the rear window. Should try to avoid replacing the rear window film. So better insist and ensure that they do not install the window film and if they do proceed against your instructions, put it in writing they will have to bear the repair cost for the rear window defogger, if damaged subsequently.

The window film is fixed locally and done just a few days before delivery, so no reason why they cannot accede to one's instruction. At the most you do not ask for any $50 offset. After they agree, remind them again once you are informed to make the final payment.

Thanks for the advice. I sent a feedback to MI and they replied via email that an investigation is underway. Wonder if they will really do something, or is it just a template response..haha
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Think if all the new bookies opt out.. Then they get wake up call. N not give crap solar film even though it's an option

Think they put those old school Color plastic paper we used to wrap coconut candies or use in art and craft.

cellophane paper...I still remember my Art and craft days... [:p]

Used the feedback form on the website to submit. A customer service exec contacted me. Then the matter gets forwarded to the relevant manager and it gets settled.

For those who are on the free solar film, a cheaper upgrade will be installing those custom (Groovy brand) sunshades that fit perfectly.

Costs $160-180 for the 6 side windows. Cuts out most of the heat and they are removable. 

I also got 3M type car mats for $55, no smell, quite well made and fits well.

Both were purchased from carousell sellers: perfectshadesg and rosesbed if anyone interested.

Also tried self-applying glass coating but turned out far-from-perfect because I couldn't keep out the dust on the windy night. Ah well it's only a forester and its just usd50 for their "ultra" grade. I advise you to go to the professionals if you are particular. Otherwise you can try googling "Nina Enomoto TOP RUN CO., LTD." and ask for their sample

Applying your own solar film..... No easy task. Put on a hand phone protector also got dust, dun talk about something so big.

• Praise 2

Remember to remind your SE again before you pay the balance of your downpayment settlement....there was a bro who opted out for the tint, & when he collected his ride, the tint already up.... [:|]

I opted out for solar film also. I tot I was the only one  [laugh]

For me, my SE told me to remind him again before car registration.

(edited)

Sounds like solar film and rest of the freebies are standard issue since the cost to MI is minimum.

MI then band these as "freebies" for SEs to "sweeten the deal" so that buyers feel that they are so "smart" to squeeze it out of the SEs. Notice all those who opted out has to remind SEs not to install closer to delivery date? That is because the solar film is installed by default!

Of course how the SEs make use of this advantage differs amongst them.

Some no nonsense one will just tell you he will include all the freebies with 3K discount on first and only offer.

Some will wayang,... give you 1K discount first then later say 2K...and after you haggle somemore he will tell you ok lar, you drive a hard bargain, he will give you 2.5K discount and throw in all the freebies for his final offer.

Edited by Vratenza

Neutral Newbie

Hi bros, sister here... Keen on Forester due to look & size.... Only concern is FC. Tried searching through the thread, didn't really see much discussion on the actual road FC. Care to share pls? My current Mit EX is about 11-12. Thanks :)

Don't know list price but :

No la. They have $4k D parameter. Depends what you want they give you options. So far from different feedback from different ppl who booked their options as follow:

(1) $2k D 6B G COE

(2) $1K D 8BNG + 5yo free servicing

(3) $3k D 8BNG + 2 yr FS

(4) $3K D 6B NG

(5) $4K D 8B NG

All within $4k range.

Among 2, 3 and 5. Which one more hua suan?

Turbocharged

Hi bros, sister here... Keen on Forester due to look & size.... Only concern is FC. Tried searching through the thread, didn't really see much discussion on the actual road FC. Care to share pls? My current Mit EX is about 11-12. Thanks :)

MIT EX 1.5?

You will get around 8 to 9 on the FXT.

MIT EX 1.5?

You will get around 8 to 9 on the FXT.

I heard Fi premium can achieve about 12. Anyone can verify?

Isnt turbo added to achieve better FC as some claimed?

Turbocharged
(edited)

Is the 2 yr FS worth 1k?

Think so. Hope so. You can check their pricing on the service package.

Edited by BenTong
↡ Advertisement