2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

My car has built-in sunshades on both rear passenger sides and rear windscreen. 

I never use them even though they are quite good. Just don't feel safe with reduced visibility.

LTA/TP modus operandi usually will give you warning then if you kena caught again will saman $100.

Got a bro that kena. He had the magnetic shades all 4 sides. First time warning then kena stopped 4 mths later. Kena $100 saman. He appealed to LTA but to no avail. That's real strange coz I have been putting those foldable shades while driving and bo tai chi. That's why ask question..

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged
(edited)

I heard Fi premium can achieve about 12. Anyone can verify?

Isnt turbo added to achieve better FC as some claimed?

You need to compare a non turbo engine with 240bhp (probably a 3.0l engine) vs a 240bhp turbo engine, then you all see the difference in fuel efficiency.

Anyway its a 2.0, idling alone will waste a lot compared to an idling 1.5 engine.

Not going to go all praises and paint you a beautiful picture, 8 to 9 is as realistic as it gets for standard traffic driving in sg. Maybe a close 10 if you leave at a traffic efficient area.

11 or 12 is attainable, but you have to ask yourself are you going to drive everyday to "attain" at 11 or 12? Or are you going to driving like a normal driver and enjoy the car?

:)

Edited by Pocus

(edited)

Dont anyhow listen to them la..

Timing belt max $1k..

I think Forestor on Timing Chain?

I think if you plan to keep it stock, the maintenance is very reasonable.. Just need to know which workshop to go to.. some are GST registered, some are not.

Oh.. Because they told me the boxer engine use timing belt.. most of the other brands of car I am familiar with except Subaru as not many of my friends are driving ever since the old Rex.. As far as I know big turbo 'Jia Orr You' when turning old.. I suppose Subaru turbo also same right every 5k do 1 servicing?

At least now I know they run on timing chain already.. Haha..

Edited by JX83

Btw does forester members here got any FB group or something? Wish to join to know more about the car..

Turbocharged

If you're looking at vehicle with the same look and size, i guess the FC is quite competitive. Many folks who choose FXT are conscious that there's certainly a trade-off between power and FC.

Sharing the FC on my XT so that you have some idea. Mileage about 10k km, 60%highway 40%road.

Best FC: 11km/l

Worst FC: 8.5km/l

Average: 9.55km/l

From what i hear, the NA version has got much better FC. 11-12 is definitely attainable.

Cheers and join us soon! [laugh]

U must be very light footed. :D

Forester owners, juz curious how come u guys consider buying forester? Cos of the price? Spec? Cos the went to subaru tp to check it out, spacious but design not as good as the previous models. Sry if i offended anyone, juz very curious when i saw many on the road nw. Toyoya Harrier not good? I knw its PI but it look better. Hehe

(edited)

Forester owners, juz curious how come u guys consider buying forester? Cos of the price? Spec? Cos the went to subaru tp to check it out, spacious but design not as good as the previous models. Sry if i offended anyone, juz very curious when i saw many on the road nw. Toyoya Harrier not good? I knw its PI but it look better. Hehe

Same thoughts too.. i only know that buy them for the power.. Lol.. My house car park already got 2 new ones..

Edited by JX83

Turbocharged

Think you come to wrong place to ask.
  • Praise 1

The eternal question. Choose the beautiful but not very capable girl, or the okay looking but superb wife material girl, as the wife.

(edited)

actually for suv, im considering xv which nw that i compare has the same grille as the facelift forester so still ok. End up getting the common altis. Lol. But it value for money and performance is awesome that make headturn when turbo roars like wrx/sti. Then its more than makeup for the choice. Anyone went to checkout the levorg, damn chio with many of the features from sti but no money to buy.

Edited by Sglanevo

Same thoughts too.. i only know that buy them for the power.. Lol.. My house car park already got 2 new ones..

I guess you ask the same question about other popular cars as well vezel, altis......

I guess you ask the same question about other popular cars as well vezel, altis......

Lol. Was also thinkg of vezel cos mini suv all of sudden become very popular. But is the value of the vezel then i dnt think of getting it (e.g parf value 18k, cev -10k, 5 yrs down the road, only get back 4k.) then also PI.

Too bad i got the Altis again cos the backseats are juz more spacious than Mazda3. If no family and not for the low entrance at the backseat area, mazda will be the cheaper choice.

Anyways, it looks damn spacious and power is awesowe, too bas Cat B have to pay 50%.

Lol. Was also thinkg of vezel cos mini suv all of sudden become very popular. But is the value of the vezel then i dnt think of getting it (e.g parf value 18k, cev -10k, 5 yrs down the road, only get back 4k.) then also PI.

Too bad i got the Altis again cos the backseats are juz more spacious than Mazda3. If no family and not for the low entrance at the backseat area, mazda will be the cheaper choice.

Anyways, it looks damn spacious and power is awesowe, too bas Cat B have to pay 50%.

Forester OMV below 20k, only need down 40%.
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Haha no ah so far I only looking at SUV like Vezel, Qashqai and Forester and waiting to see the Civic turbo also.. Since I still have about few more months to make a decision so rather know more of each makes 1st.. :)

Edited by JX83

For me, because of my dad just bought a Vezel, so I wanted a different car. I find Forester better value for money, compared to the other SUV. 

Oh.. Because they told me the boxer engine use timing belt.. most of the other brands of car I am familiar with except Subaru as not many of my friends are driving ever since the old Rex.. As far as I know big turbo 'Jia Orr You' when turning old.. I suppose Subaru turbo also same right every 5k do 1 servicing?

At least now I know they run on timing chain already.. Haha..

who bulls**t u? every 5k servicing? siao ah or damn rich?

my legacy 2.5L Turbo on 10k servicing also no issue for 7yrs.

Neutral Newbie

Can anyone share if the SE can/will reveal the bid price for COE when MI does the bidding for you?  If MI entered the bid already, will SE inform customer or we have to find out ourselves?

Hypersonic
(edited)

who bulls**t u? every 5k servicing? siao ah or damn rich?

my legacy 2.5L Turbo on 10k servicing also no issue for 7yrs.

The problem is there are too many 'hear said '...

Can anyone share if the SE can/will reveal the bid price for COE when MI does the bidding for you? If MI entered the bid already, will SE inform customer or we have to find out ourselves?

Can just go online and check and monitor which is so easy.

If don't know how to check, I think calling the SE to tell you should not be a problem .

Edited by Tohto
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1