2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

I would like to ask the Forester NA owners here. How does the car feel in day to day use. Is it adequate? I drive a 1.6 toyota. Now thinking of getting the Forester.

More than adequate, even in I-mode. I drove a 1.6L SX4 before Forester NA. Go test drive and confirm it yourself.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Question for the bros who ordered their Foresters recently. After how many bids did you get your car? I am eagerly awaiting my first bid next week. 

My friend who ordered a Mazda 3 now on his 3rd bid. I wonder how is Subaru bidding like?

My previous Tucson 2.0l was "adequate". Changing to Forester NA is more than adequate for me.. :-)

U mean Tucson 2.0 cannot be compare to Forester NA?

Question for the bros who ordered their Foresters recently. After how many bids did you get your car? I am eagerly awaiting my first bid next week.

My friend who ordered a Mazda 3 now on his 3rd bid. I wonder how is Subaru bidding like?

When the SE told u when the batch of car eill arrive for u is when they will bid for u at higher price

When the SE told u when the batch of car eill arrive for u is when they will bid for u at higher price

SE told me my color is in stock, good chance can get first round bidding. But I wonder if he is just bs'ing me. 

It may also depend on stock availability. Mine is 2nd bid.

It very depand how the bidding team bid for you... I got it 1 time.. I got price with non G bid

It very depand how the bidding team bid for you... I got it 1 time.. I got price with non G bid

After reading a few of the posts here, I now regret not going for the non-G discount. Sigh..

It may also depend on stock availability. Mine is 2nd bid.

+1. If car model u ordered got ready stock, they will bid higher for u so that they can close the sales. If your car coming only in May / June, they will be conservative Becos the lower the COE price they can get, the higher their margin

I got mine after the first bid.

SE told me my color is in stock, good chance can get first round bidding. But I wonder if he is just bs'ing me.

When I booked mine, they told me is in stock and 80% can get. And I got it in the first bid.

After reading a few of the posts here, I now regret not going for the non-G discount. Sigh..

no worries, it makes sense to go for guaranteed bid since your car model has ready stock.   guarantee and non-G discount difference is $1K?

Turbocharged

Hi,

My father & I have been looking at the Forester XT as a possible replacement for our 06 Cefiro. Took a test drive and found the power and acceleration superb (of course), visibility good and refinement above expectations.

Some questions:

1) OMV $18697, CEVS Surcharge $5000, then it should mean ARF is $23k and PARF Rebate is about $11800 after 10 years?

2) AWD: does it mean when one tyre is punctured/replaced, need to replace all 4 or shave the new tyre to same diameter? We have been driving FWD cars all this while so that will need getting used to.

3) does it have Start-Stop? Cause it seems like the XV has it.

4) possible to get at least 10km/l in i-mode, about 50% city?

For such high bhp rides, if can get 9km/h u already ahm chio leow. If u expect 10km/h u will have to look at NA, not xt. Even so, I wonder if na can get 10km/h
  • Praise 1

I have tested both the Tucson and Forester NA in recent months. Initial pick up and smoothness of drive, i think Forester is better. Do test drive both if not already done so.

Looking on the bright side, you are guaranteed a delivery even if COE sudden shoot up. On the other hand, guys like myself, if eventually can't get a COE, will be heart ache that why did not sign up for guaranteed package

More than adequate, even in I-mode. I drove a 1.6L SX4 before Forester NA. Go test drive and confirm it yourself.

Thank you Cmdsea and Ewennst for your repllies. I also tested the XT. Wow. What a wonderful car. Just thought I may keep thinking of the consumption if I drive it.

To the question on how many bids, I jsut picked up my 2016 Forester XT yesterday  :D and I took the guaranteed COE package and got it in 2 bids. MI seems to bid quite high for the customers, so should get quite fast.

To the question on how many bids, I jsut picked up my 2016 Forester XT yesterday  :D and I took the guaranteed COE package and got it in 2 bids. MI seems to bid quite high for the customers, so should get quite fast.

Congrats on your ride. May I know when did you book your car?

All will depends the colour you order have stock or not.

Just curious. Car got registered today called the SE and was told that earliest collection is next Thursday. Usual?

Edited by XavierTan82
↡ Advertisement