2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Neutral Newbie

I got my COE for my NA yesterday at 2nd bid NG, $104,800. Confirmed w SE that my car has arrived in SG and he wants to settle payment and documentation this Sun coz he is busy at the Vivo roadshow now. Asked if there is a long backlog for installation and he said almost finishing so it shouldn't take too long. Hinted to him that I want to collect the car quickly after reg. He said shd be ok...[drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement

I got my COE for my NA yesterday at 2nd bid NG, $104,800. Confirmed w SE that my car has arrived in SG and he wants to settle payment and documentation this Sun coz he is busy at the Vivo roadshow now. Asked if there is a long backlog for installation and he said almost finishing so it shouldn't take too long. Hinted to him that I want to collect the car quickly after reg. He said shd be ok...[drivingcar]

Congrats on securing your COE on second bid NG. May I know if you have traded your old car with them? Somehow I feel that customer who traded in their car with MI will likely get their COE faster. But it does make sense if it's true.

Neutral Newbie

Yes, you are right. I traded with them and i reckoned that will motivate them to speed up coz they will prob be pressurized by the car dealer coz of the monthly depreciation. And that was the main reason why i traded in w them coz it was based on a 1-to-1 exchange. I can wait but maybe they cannot. That's just what i think.

• Praise 1

How was their offer? They offered just slightly higher than paper value for mine, a far cry from the price used car dealers are selling them for in sgcarmart. The difference is estimated at about 18k which I think is too much. 10k I think can still tahan. Sian....

Turbocharged

Yes, you are right. I traded with them and i reckoned that will motivate them to speed up coz they will prob be pressurized by the car dealer coz of the monthly depreciation. And that was the main reason why i traded in w them coz it was based on a 1-to-1 exchange. I can wait but maybe they cannot. That's just what i think.

That advantage almost costs me $17K.

Congrats on securing your COE on second bid NG. May I know if you have traded your old car with them? Somehow I feel that customer who traded in their car with MI will likely get their COE faster. But it does make sense if it's true.

I got my coe at third bid yesterday.

I told my SE that I might not trade in with him.

Anyway, my car is scrap value. Few months left.

So the theory may not be true.

Neutral Newbie

The difference for mine was only ~$3K but dependent when the car is ready to be traded in. So if i have to wait 2-3 mths for the new car, the final offered price may end up the same as MI.

The difference for mine was only ~$3K but dependent when the car is ready to be traded in. So if i have to wait 2-3 mths for the new car, the final offered price may end up the same as MI.

Turbocharged

Think I saw a facelifted FXT coming in Hougang coming from Ubi. Thought MotorImage haven't started sales of the refreshed XT?

Think I saw a facelifted FXT coming in Hougang coming from Ubi. Thought MotorImage haven't started sales of the refreshed XT?

Sale for the FL model started a few months already but physical stocks only recently arrived. Can see more and more FL model on the roads

How was their offer? They offered just slightly higher than paper value for mine, a far cry from the price used car dealers are selling them for in sgcarmart. The difference is estimated at about 18k which I think is too much. 10k I think can still tahan. Sian....

Some of the used car prices quoted by dealers at sgcarmart are highly inaccurate so take them with a pinch of salt. They are inflated so that buyers can take a higher loan if necessary.

You should get a quote from an actual dealer and compare against what MI offers. It may not be that far off

(edited)

The facelifted Foresters are already on the roads. Most of them collected their initial batch in March 2016. More will be on the roads in the coming months.

Not really true in my case. I did not do the trade in of my car with MI because they only quoted me a value of $27k. SE advised me to sell outside. I managed to sell off the car myself at $34k within 2 weeks. And I got my COE within 2 bids.

Maybe I'm lucky...

Edited by razor54

Turbocharged
(edited)

The facelifted Foresters are already on the roads. Most of them collected their initial batch in March 2016. More will be on the roads in the coming months.

Not really true in my case. I did not do the trade in of my car with MI because they only quoted me a value of $27k. SE advised me to sell outside. I managed to sell off the car myself at $34k within 2 weeks. And I got my COE within 2 bids.

Maybe I'm lucky...

Good one. Same same. Went around car browsing. Average trade in $X. Sold outside got another $15K. Went for $4K discount 8bid NG. Got it at 4th bid. In between take MRT, Bus, Taxi, CO car, cycle n walk.. save $19K, walk average 15,000 steps a day, lost 3kg.. Why not? And I did not choose a FXT! Edited by BenTong
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Maybe I'm lucky...

I don't think it is just about luck. Trade in may be just one of the reasons. Stock arrival is definitely one of those as well. Regardless trade-in or not, still worth to go for NG Coe to get another $2K dis.

Neutral Newbie

Good one. Same same. Went around car browsing. Average trade in $X. Sold outside got another $15K. Went for $4K discount 8bid NG. Got it at 4th bid. In between take MRT, Bus, Taxi, CO car, cycle n walk.. save $19K, walk average 15,000 steps a day, lost 3kg.. Why not? And I did not choose a FXT!

Good one. Same same. Went around car browsing. Average trade in $X. Sold outside got another $15K. Went for $4K discount 8bid NG. Got it at 4th bid. In between take MRT, Bus, Taxi, CO car, cycle n walk.. save $19K, walk average 15,000 steps a day, lost 3kg.. Why not? And I did not choose a FXT!

Turbocharged

Big savings bro. I could lose some weight too. You placed an ad on sgcarmart to sell directly?

Used the wheeldeal thingy.

I don't think it is just about luck. Trade in may be just one of the reasons. Stock arrival is definitely one of those as well. Regardless trade-in or not, still worth to go for NG Coe to get another $2K dis.

Stock arrival definitely played a big role in why I got my COE after 2nd bid out of 6. I booked the car with the colour I wanted, available from the initial batch bound for our shores in March. Maybe 1st round bidding it was market trend watching for them after the $38k drop in Cat B. And I'm glad they secured the $47k COE despite me booking the car during the price drop after the $38k period. Most likely it's because the car is already in for processing.

For my deal, I'm only offered a further discount of $1k for NG COE... But no complaints, I had a good experience of car buying this round and now enjoying every drive in the XT. Going for my 1st servicing soon! :)

↡ Advertisement