2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Hypersonic

Not really true in my case. I did not do the trade in of my car with MI because they only quoted me a value of $27k. SE advised me to sell outside. I managed to sell off the car myself at $34k within 2 weeks. And I got my COE within 2 bids.

Maybe I'm lucky...

It all depends on the colour you want stock availability, if the car is here you will get the COE immidiately. If no stock, they will bid at lower price.

I booked on mid Feb, stock will only arrive later this month, so I got my COE this Wednesday. MI actually revised the bidding price last 10mins to make sure I can get. I am on NG COE.

↡ Advertisement

Collected car yesterday and saw lots of foresters parked behind the showroom. Saw a couple parked along the slopes going up to their workshop too. I don't see any other models. All foresters.

Many will be collecting theirs today I think. Congrats to you all.

Turbocharged

The facelifted Foresters are already on the roads. Most of them collected their initial batch in March 2016. More will be on the roads in the coming months.

Well, I know the facelift models are out, but I thought the facelifted XTs were only being viewed. Haven't been keeping up with this thread.

[sweatdrop]

Collected car yesterday and saw lots of foresters parked behind the showroom. Saw a couple parked along the slopes going up to their workshop too. I don't see any other models. All foresters.

Many will be collecting theirs today I think. Congrats to you all.

It's going to be a common sight on our roads soon, with all the Foresters being processed out at this rate. It used to be a rare sight to spot a Forester before this influx. More people to wave "hi" to at the lights...

It all depends on the colour you want stock availability, if the car is here you will get the COE immidiately. If no stock, they will bid at lower price.

I booked on mid Feb, stock will only arrive later this month, so I got my COE this Wednesday. MI actually revised the bidding price last 10mins to make sure I can get. I am on NG COE.

I think my car must have arrived during my 2nd bidding, as I also noticed the revised bid towards the end before closing to secure the COE.

Hi guys,

I got my COE after 1st bid on wed! However, SE has not texted me about any details on making downpayment and other paperwork. It's already coming to weekend, I hope I don't have to wait till next weekend to do the paperwork.

When I placed my deposit, he told the car color I chose was already in-stock. 

Hi guys,

I got my COE after 1st bid on wed! However, SE has not texted me about any details on making downpayment and other paperwork. It's already coming to weekend, I hope I don't have to wait till next weekend to do the paperwork.

When I placed my deposit, he told the car color I chose was already in-stock. 

It takes a while to settle all the paperwork such as bank loan approval for your new ride if you are taking loan, existing loan settlement if you are trading in vehicle with outstanding loan, insurance rebate etc etc. Any maybe your SE is top seller now so many clients waiting for him to settle.  

But SE should be able to tell you fairly accurate the date of handling over your new ride as taking over new vehicle is a very important event. Let's face it. Car is the second most expensive thing that you probably buy. The first being the roof over our head.

For my recent experience, my timeline is as follows

Wed - COE pio-ed

Following Thurs - Was informed full settlement amount

Friday -  Hand in final payment

Tues - Cheque cleared

Wed - Car registered

Thurs - Take over new vehicle

All in about 2 weeks from COE-pioed

• Praise 2

It takes a while to settle all the paperwork such as bank loan approval for your new ride if you are taking loan, existing loan settlement if you are trading in vehicle with outstanding loan, insurance rebate etc etc. Any maybe your SE is top seller now so many clients waiting for him to settle.  

But SE should be able to tell you fairly accurate the date of handling over your new ride as taking over new vehicle is a very important event. Let's face it. Car is the second most expensive thing that you probably buy. The first being the roof over our head.

For my recent experience, my timeline is as follows

Wed - COE pio-ed

Following Thurs - Was informed full settlement amount

Friday -  Hand in final payment

Tues - Cheque cleared

Wed - Car registered

Thurs - Take over new vehicle

All in about 2 weeks from COE-pioed

Thanks! So you mean you handed in final payment 2 days after getting COE or 9 days after? I don't understand what you mean by "Following Thurs".  

To all new owners of Forester, please check your tyre pressure. From my experience and what I read from this thread, MI tends to pump higher than required. Mine was ~260 kpa, 2 weeks after I collected my car.

Thanks! So you mean you handed in final payment 2 days after getting COE or 9 days after? I don't understand what you mean by "Following Thurs".  

9 Mar = COE pio-ed

17 Mar = Informed final settlement amount

18 Mar = Submit payment cheque

22 Mar = Cheque cleared

23 Mar = Vehicle registered

24 Mar = Collect new vehicle

Turbocharged

9 Mar = COE pio-ed

22 Mar = Cheque cleared

25 May PPS

26 May solar film

27 May ecu tuning

• Praise 1

9 Mar = COE pio-ed

22 Mar = Cheque cleared

Many thanks for clarifying. Looks like I'll wait for SE to inform me of date for final settlement. My loan already approved liao, and I'm not taking insurance from MI. 

To all new owners of Forester, please check your tyre pressure. From my experience and what I read from this thread, MI tends to pump higher than required. Mine was ~260 kpa, 2 weeks after I collected my car.

I think they pumped above the recommended pressure prior to collection. Not sure why also. Mine was 270 kpa when I checked the day after I collected my car. I've since adjusted it to 240 kpa front and 230 kpa rear.

Many thanks for clarifying. Looks like I'll wait for SE to inform me of date for final settlement. My loan already approved liao, and I'm not taking insurance from MI.

I did not know that I can opt to source my own insurance.

In the end got the insurance from MI which cost me $1300 for the XT. My previous 2L car only around $900... Next year I'm going back to my own insurer. Is it true that turbo charged cars command a higher insurance premium?

Hypersonic

I think they pumped above the recommended pressure prior to collection. Not sure why also. Mine was 270 kpa when I checked the day after I collected my car. I've since adjusted it to 240 kpa front and 230 kpa rear.

I did not know that I can opt to source my own insurance.

In the end got the insurance from MI which cost me $1300 for the XT. My previous 2L car only around $900... Next year I'm going back to my own insurer. Is it true that turbo charged cars command a higher insurance premium?

If you used your own insurance, they will add $300 to your purchase price..

If you used your own insurance, they will add $300 to your purchase price..

Yes, same for me too. But I saved $800 from MI's quote. 

How was their offer? They offered just slightly higher than paper value for mine, a far cry from the price used car dealers are selling them for in sgcarmart. The difference is estimated at about 18k which I think is too much. 10k I think can still tahan. Sian....

Don't sell to them, sure lugi a lot. Sell yourself.

Good one. Same same. Went around car browsing. Average trade in $X. Sold outside got another $15K. Went for $4K discount 8bid NG. Got it at 4th bid. In between take MRT, Bus, Taxi, CO car, cycle n walk.. save $19K, walk average 15,000 steps a day, lost 3kg.. Why not? And I did not choose a FXT!ðð

If you give up driving, you will become very fit..

Neutral Newbie

How to check? Any concern if I remain status quo?

Turbocharged

Yes, same for me too. But I saved $800 from MI's quote.

Ha? You save? $800? Wa ! I tot MI insurance average $1.3k after 50% ncd. Your insurance only $500? Wow.. Can share which insurance co? I also want

Don't sell to them, sure lugi a lot. Sell yourself.

If you give up driving, you will become very fit..

Bro,

↡ Advertisement