2015 Forester 2.0

subarudreamer

Turbocharged

http://subarublog.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/subaru-forester-2013-black-3.jpg?w=1400&h=

http://subarublog.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/subaru-forester-2013-black.jpg?w=1400&h=

Anyone knows where to get this body kit in Singapore? Read from NASIOC that's the body kit for JDM forester.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2411670&page=129

I saw a forester XT with this bodykit at bugis junction a few weeks ago. Looks really good!

I believe MI brings in locally, but be prepared to pay. Check with your SE, must remind him its not the Black edition one.

Better pic here

http://www.subaru.jp/accessory/forester/item/#p_exterior

EDIT: ok I checked, MI selling the front and rear at 700 each. Good luck.

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 1

MI pricing strategy is ridiculous.

They always like to chu this kind of pricing after COE results out..

Den soften again nearer to COE day..

That time always go between 119-123

now gaga hoot gao gao 126k

I saw they have SIRI Eyes now? Means OMW go up? Above 20K OMV liao?

I am also surprised by the way they up the pricing of the FXT.

My cousin got his FXT when COE was $77k and he paid abt $140k. Now COE abt $47k and the price Of FXT is $125k. COE difference of $30k, car price difference of only $15k. Some more when he bought it, he got front and rear Blackvue camera, 5 years free servicing. By the way OMV of his car is $17k+.

Now only free 3 servicing (1k, 5k, 10k) not sure abt freebies.

Even if the current face lifted model may have higher OMV, higher Yen exchange rate, but price difference shouldn't be just a mere $15k cheaper.

I am also surprised by the way they up the pricing of the FXT.

My cousin got his FXT when COE was $77k and he paid abt $140k. Now COE abt $47k and the price Of FXT is $125k. COE difference of $30k, car price difference of only $15k. Some more when he bought it, he got front and rear Blackvue camera, 5 years free servicing. By the way OMV of his car is $17k+.

Now only free 3 servicing (1k, 5k, 10k) not sure abt freebies.

Even if the current face lifted model may have higher OMV, higher Yen exchange rate, but price difference shouldn't be just a mere $15k cheaper.

Theres a reason why this is the top thread in jap talk.

Now supply < demand.. Every shipment fully booked. Of coz they play price liao lo

Edited by Rayoflight

Now supply < demand.. Every shipment fully booked. Of coz they play price liao lo

SE informed no more 8 bids NG...
  • Praise 1

Pity the AD is a shark, else it is quite good value. Was introduced by colleague to check it out - for reference, it was priced abt $125K when COE was ard $61K.

• Praise 1

The advantage of the X-Trail is that it is at the beginning of its lifespan (current model) while the Forester will be replaced within the next 2.5yrs. And I found the interior of the X-Trail at least a grade superior with a more solid feel to it and having more comfortable seats than the Forester. If the drive and power are main considerations, Forester wins hands down.

Booked the XT Black Edition in mid Mar and surprisingly got my COE already in the last round of bidding. Now just twidling my thumbs waiting for my Dark Grey Baby to be delivered....

Edited by Abdulwz

SE informed no more 8 bids NG...

really ah? This is the best option in my opinion as it offers the most discount. guess Forester is selling too well now. 

Booked the XT Black Edition in mid Mar and surprisingly got my COE already in the last round of bidding. Now just twidling my thumbs waiting for my Dark Grey Baby to be delivered....

Congrats! What's the est delivery date your SE advise?

Neutral Newbie

Got the moonroof solar film from Cool N Lite. At first they quoted me $100 because I told them it's for sunroof. When I reached, they said it's actually moonroof, which is double the size of a sunroof. So the price is $200 for the top range, which is the same as what I was quoted for 3M elsewhere.

Decided to get the top range for moonroof mainly because the kids love to see the sky during the drive and I guess only the best grade qualifies since the sun is directly from the top shining down on them. And it really defeats the purpose of having a nice big moonroof if I keep them shuttered all the time.

So if yours is the smaller panel type of sunroof, might be able to get it for $100.

Made an appointment, went to the branch at Ubi to install. They have a nice lounge area above to relax and you can also view the installation process. In and out within 30 mins, as it's only one piece film to apply.

Just called VKool to check..they are also charging $200 for the moonroof (UV40 - top range)..have to reconfirn if there is a need to get their standard UV40 package. For current Vkool user, there is a 15% discount. So total of $1450 (with moon roof). See specs below.

post-162713-0-16683900-1460389987_thumb.jpg

Just called VKool to check..they are also charging $200 for the moonroof (UV40 - top range)..have to reconfirn if there is a need to get their standard UV40 package. For current Vkool user, there is a 15% discount. So total of $1450 (with moon roof). See specs below.

The price and specs of the VKool UV40 is exactly the same as the Titan series from Cool N Lite. If you are getting a package from VKool and is able to secure a discount as a package, it'll be good if it's all budgeted for your solar film project.

Most of the top series from the major brands are more or less similar. Just go with what you have experience with or comfortable paying the price for... Stay cool on the roads whatever your choice (no pun intended)!

Bros driving the XT variant, do you notice any difference between running 95 and 98 petrol grade?

The notice on the petrol flip door showed to use 95 and above but the manual recommended 98, although it also mentioned that using 95 will not cause damage to the engine. SE also said 95 will do. I have read somewhere that using 95 will have effect of power being reduced. Not sure how true...

So asking XT drivers here for your experience if you have tried both grades.

Edited by razor54

Anybody have gone to the workshop? Care to share what is it all about??

1st part watch video in the theatre. After that the engineer will bring you to the car and explain to you parts of the engine bay and interior and operational use. What you can touch in the engine and what not to touch... what petrol grade to use for XT and which grade for NA.

I think it was quite good. I would recommend you to attend. If you got questions on your DUO points, got 1 personnel there to explain to you also.

↡ Advertisement